Help with list of foods that may prevent bloating.

packers6211

packers6211

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I am trying to get a list of foods that may cause bloating. I know salty foods do but what else can? I can eat lean meats, veggies and still feel bloated.

Cpo

Cpo

Awards
  • Established
Sugars will help promote yeast growth in your stomach which will cause bloating so cut down on your sugars.

colange2

Awards
Removing gluten and dairy from my diet reduced bloating pretty significantly

drinkyboy

Awards
  • Established
I second the dairy products. Cutting out dairy helps with inflammation also. Asparagus acts as a natural diuretic so that may be beneficial to you.

packers6211

packers6211

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Cool I didn't know that about asparagus. I hardly ever eat that.

Outstanding

Awards
  • Established
Cool I didn't know that about asparagus. I hardly ever eat that.
Yep, awesome vegetable. This is part of the reason it is eaten in bulk the week or two leading up to a contest, as it is also purported to have anti-estrogen properties (although I don't believe this to be true - at least not in amounts substantial enough to cause any benefit).

mumbles12

Awards
I find bread to be bloating in excess, other than that im good.

Kingjake

Kingjake

Awards
Simple carb/ excessive amount of carbs, loads of sodium, but it also depend on person to person. Greek yogurt bloats me but cottage cheese is fine for me.

mumbles12

Awards
was wheat bread :( so less simple carb?? oh well, im getting from mostly sweet potatos and brown rice now so meh..

Cant remember but dont paleo folk tend to bash on browen rice in favour of white rice?? seems wierd..