Foods that contain zero carbs (or a low amount)

bkoguy07

bkoguy07

Awards
  • Established
I'm gonna be starting a cut soon in the next few months and am gonna work towards some carb cycling and low carb days, but I'm curious what are some good low carb foods? Reason I ask is the other day I was eating some yogurt and for some reason I always considered them to have no carbs.. turns out they contain 30 grams lol. Anyways I was looking for some ideas so I could tweak my low carb days and carb cycling to perfection!

Thanks

TripDog

TripDog

Bananas
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Taking carbohydrates with fiber (broccoli, nuts as rodja mentioned etc) , and or fats (olive oil, flax seed oil, even a little peanut butter) will slow absorption of any carbohydrates injested.

Things like Alpha Lipoic Acid will help stabalize blood sugar, and should be taken with meals containing carbs, and fast proteins (shakes, milk etc), and even things like creatine to help shuttle it into cells, acting in a similar fashion to insulin.

TehProdigy

TehProdigy

Awards
  • Established
An apple a day keeps the doctor away :thumbsup: Apples I believe take more calories to burn than you actually take in from them.

TripDog

TripDog

Bananas
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
An apple a day keeps the doctor away :thumbsup: Apples I believe take more calories to burn than you actually take in from them.
Yes. Fructose even though it's a simple sugar, it doesn't seem to impact the glycemic index very much. Meaning it won't really cause a spike of insulin.

TehProdigy

TehProdigy

Awards
  • Established
Yes. Fructose even though it's a simple sugar, it doesn't seem to impact the glycemic index very much. Meaning it won't really cause a spike of insulin.
I learned this awhile back, what is that little organ that produces insulin?
And in turn, more complex sugars stimulate this to produce more insulin to break it down correct?

TripDog

TripDog

Bananas
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I learned this awhile back, what is that little organ that produces insulin?
And in turn, more complex sugars stimulate this to produce more insulin to break it down correct?
The Pancreas: A long, irregularly shaped gland in vertebrates, lying behind the stomach, that secretes pancreatic juice into the duodenum and insulin, glucagon, and somatostatin into the bloodstream.

-Dan

TehProdigy

TehProdigy

Awards
  • Established
The Pancreas: A long, irregularly shaped gland in vertebrates, lying behind the stomach, that secretes pancreatic juice into the duodenum and insulin, glucagon, and somatostatin into the bloodstream.

-Dan
Physiology :cheers:

TripDog

TripDog

Bananas
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Physiology :cheers:
I am much more captivated by parapsychology, neuropsychology, neruroscience, and the inter workings of the mind.

Anatomy, Physiology, and Kinesiology are also quite empowering as well. :)

TehProdigy

TehProdigy

Awards
  • Established
I am much more captivated by parapsychology, neuropsychology, neruroscience, and the inter workings of the mind.

Anatomy, Physiology, and Kinesiology are also quite empowering as well. :)
Im coming to you for any help I might need :rofl: smarty

TripDog

TripDog

Bananas
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
TripDog

TripDog

Bananas
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
^^ jellie got backhanded.

Im actually quite interested in some foods that have low carbs. For the summer, Beach!
Lets get a list going!
He nothing good to offer unfortunately.

phunkyb

phunkyb

Awards
For a low carb yogurt switch to greek yogurt - much lower in carb and a great protein source. The brand I buy has 10g carbs per serving and 23 g protein. Mixed in with my shakes it is awesome!

TehProdigy

TehProdigy

Awards
  • Established
For a low carb yogurt switch to greek yogurt - much lower in carb and a great protein source. The brand I buy has 10g carbs per serving and 23 g protein. Mixed in with my shakes it is awesome!
Oh wow, that is nice! and it would put flavor in them :D

bassgod272

Awards
  • Established
I'm gonna be starting a cut soon in the next few months and am gonna work towards some carb cycling and low carb days, but I'm curious what are some good low carb foods? Reason I ask is the other day I was eating some yogurt and for some reason I always considered them to have no carbs.. turns out they contain 30 grams lol. Anyways I was looking for some ideas so I could tweak my low carb days and carb cycling to perfection!

Thanks
The ONLY foods you want to eat are 96% Lean meats, whey protein, eggs, seafood, raw oats, yams, brown rice, fruits, and MCT's.

Raptorbh12

Awards
The ONLY foods you want to eat are 96% Lean meats, whey protein, eggs, seafood, raw oats, yams, brown rice, fruits, and MCT's.

Hes carb cycling, why would you suggest raw oats, yams, brown rice, and fruits?
Save that for carb up days. Its not hard to find a good carb source but it is hard to find sufficient low/no carb foods.
Eggs, egg beaters with turkey sausage is a good lean way to kick-start breakfast.
Cheeses and pepperoni, even some kinds of lunch meat are good for lunch.
Dinner is where you can have a blast, turkey burgers, beef burgers, steamed shrimp, fish, pork chops, kielbasa etc.
You can flavor it with regular yellow mustard since it has no carbs.
Heinz now makes a 1g carb ketchup which is good when used in moderation on things like the burgers and such.

Try to have some spinach salads with dinner or broccoli to give you some fiber and greens. You probably still wont get good fiber i your diet so using Optimum Nutritions fitness fiber or any off brand is a good substitute.