leaving the skin on chicken

rawfeels

Awards
im poor at the moment so im trying to get as much protein as i can from cheap foods like tuna and chicken (thighs cause breasts are like double the cost).

anyway, do any of you guys have a better way to cook skinless chicken so it doesnt dry out during reheat?

lately ive been buying thighs with the skin on it, baking it with lemon/pepper, covering it with foil while baking and then just removing the skin when i eat it.
i tried buying skinless breasts last week cause they were on sale, but they dry out horribly when baking using the same method (at 375 for 80min depending on thickness). Its not so much the dryness initially out of the oven, but the dryness at work when i have to nuke it.

ideas?

natandrb

natandrb

Awards
Pretty much anything will dry up and taste kinda funky in the microwave no matter how you initially cook it. The trick is how you cook it in the microwave. A good trick to heating stuff in the microwave is to either:

cover it in saran wrap with a little water on the plate/container. This will cause it to steam cook and won't dry out as much.
Or, if you don't want to do that, just put a piece of leaf lettuce on top of the meat when you nuke it.

Should help with the reheat process, or just pour a little bit of a sauce on the meat, bbq or picante is great IMO

Blacktail

Blacktail

Awards
  • Established
Yea you half cook it. So when you fry it up (or MW it ew) it will cook the rest of the way and still be somewhat juicy.

youngandfree

Awards
  • Established
im poor at the moment so im trying to get as much protein as i can from cheap foods like tuna and chicken (thighs cause breasts are like double the cost).

anyway, do any of you guys have a better way to cook skinless chicken so it doesnt dry out during reheat?

lately ive been buying thighs with the skin on it, baking it with lemon/pepper, covering it with foil while baking and then just removing the skin when i eat it.
i tried buying skinless breasts last week cause they were on sale, but they dry out horribly when baking using the same method (at 375 for 80min depending on thickness). Its not so much the dryness initially out of the oven, but the dryness at work when i have to nuke it.

ideas?

Did you mean to say your cook it for 80 mins? Lower the temp to 350 and start at 20 mins. Leave a tad of pink like said above so it doesn't turn into jerky when you reheat it.

rawfeels

Awards
^^

yeah at 375 for 80 minutes. with the skin left on it doesnt dry out at all. its pretty damn juicy. i got the recipe from some cookbook alled "muscle food" or something.

i guess ill have to sauce it up or something. ive also tried shredding it when it gets all dry in the microwave and just putting it in a salad so the dressing takes care of the dryness.

good2Badawg

Awards
  • Established
not bring a douche but 375 for 80 minutes sounds like a recipe for chicken jerky. i usually cook 3-4 skinless breasts at a time in a toaster oven even and go for 350-375 for about 30 minutes and they come out nice. try using tupperware or any kind of plastic storage bowls/plates and the drying out in the mic isnt as bad. or be a real carnivore and eat em cold. :)

good2Badawg

Awards
  • Established
i guess i should say leave the top on but slightly vented when using the plastic gladware,tupperware, etc so you keep the steam but allow some pressure to escape.

smark

Awards
Chicken is one of the world’s most versatile foods. Everyone has their own favorite chicken recipe – from the good old Southern-fried variety to more sophisticated creations like Chicken Cordon Bleu or Coq Au Vin.

Nutritionally, chicken also has a good reputation, especially versus red meat. Chicken is naturally low in fat and, overall, it’s a healthy food.

bigsexy74

bigsexy74

Awards
  • Established
Chicken is one of the world’s most versatile foods. Everyone has their own favorite chicken recipe – from the good old Southern-fried variety to more sophisticated creations like Chicken Cordon Bleu or Coq Au Vin.

Nutritionally, chicken also has a good reputation, especially versus red meat. Chicken is naturally low in fat and, overall, it’s a healthy food.
no one's arguing that, he's asking for ways to cook it to keep it moist. i put mine in a freezer bag with 1 cup of sprite zero, 1 cup low sodium soy sauce and 3 to 4 tbsp of olive oil, let them marinate for a few hours and grill or bake them. moist like women parts when they're done!

ehaley

ehaley

Awards
nuke in wrapped in a wet paper towel. EZ, or use taro leaf/spinach leaf just like hawaiian lau lau. mmmm