Easy beef recipe?

hugry4more

hugry4more

Awards
  • Established
Hey guys i really just started cooking all my own food and chicken and fish were always pretty easy. But what are some easy ways to cook beef. I mean ways that i can just put it iv the over for 40 min and not have to stand over it..Ideas for ground beef, new york strip, flank stack, i up for any ideas thanks guys.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
1. Buy an indoor grill; it cooks much faster
2. Easy recipe:

1 Tbsp fish sauce
1 Tbsp Sriracha sauce
1/2 lime
1 clove garlic
Pepper

Marinate in a bag for at least 30 minutes. Delicious Thai-style steak.

reptone

Awards
  • Established
Salt and pepper or better yet, Montreal steak seasoning. Grill it, fry it, roast it, eat it raw. Nothing better.

cowboy007

cowboy007

Awards
  • Established
Beef roast. Rub it with garlic, spice rubs, etc. Put about three cups of beef broth (water and a beef bullion cubes make great, cheap broth) in a pan, cover with foil, and roast about 2 hours at 300. Makes tender, juicy roast beef.

Allrecipes and Food Network are two top of the line resources for any recipe. They are tested and reviewed on the site by knowledgeable cooks.

5Six

5Six

Awards
I've been using this for awhile, and enjoy it

ngredients (less than $17 total)

1 medium onion
2 carrots
2-3 celery stalks
1 red bell pepper
1 15oz can garbanzo beans
1 15oz can kidney beans
1 15oz can of diced tomatoes
1 pound of ground beef
1 heaped teaspoon of chili powder, ground cumin, smoked paprika, and salt
Olive oil
Balsamic vinegar
1 bottle of Black Butte Porter or other comparable microbrew (optional)

To Make the Chili

Peel and finely chop the onions, carrots, and celery. Halve the bell pepper and remove the stalks and seeds. Rough chop.

Put a pot on medium high heat, throw in your vegetables, and add a couple tablespoons of olive oil and your spices. Cook for 7-10 minutes until the veggies are soft.

Add the drained garbanzo and kidney beans. Add the tomatoes. Fill one of the empty tomato cans with water and pour into the pan.

Add the ground beef. Pour in a tablespoon (or three!) of balsamic vinegar.

Bring to a boil, then turn the heat down to "low" and let it simmer for about an hour with the lid slightly askew. Stir it every ten minutes or so.
I got it from Nate Green's page. So I can't take credit for it

smoothballer

Awards
Brown ground beef and put Italian Seasoning on it while cooking. Measure it out and eat it up. Doesn't get much simpler than that.

msucurt

msucurt

Awards
  • Established
If i were you, i would look into getting a rocket grill. Best purchase i have made for working out. Seriously, the things is awesome

Sweekaters

Awards
I just brown the beef and add doritos and hot sauce. Bulking food!

good2Badawg

Awards
  • Established
something i have been eating a lot of lately.
top sirloin marinated in olive oil and weber's mesquite seasoning
put a good coat of olive oil then heavy doses of seasoning massage it in with your hand. place in ziploc bag for few hours up to 2-3days. broil for about 10-15 minutes depending on oven. or grill to your desired doneness level. its prettty bangin.

mankaw

Awards
I've been using spaghetti sauce to make meatloaf instead of ketchup. What a difference. I live about 1 mile from the slaughter house and they have 92% lean ground beef for $2.79 lb.
Just add a few crackers, an egg, spaghetti sauce, 1 pk onion soup mix, 1 chopped onion,and 3 lbs beef. Mix together and put in a cake pan. Cover the top with more spaghetti sauce. Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 50 minutes.

natandrb

natandrb

Awards
A staple of mine is to brown ground beef in a pan, drain the fat and rinse it off (takes off a TON of the fat) put it back in the pan, pour on some picante and cook it in. I'll eat it as is, or if I need more carbs, it's great over rice/black beans. Also pretty good with some avacado oil poured on top for a pro-fat meal.

Dizmal

Dizmal

Awards
  • Established
For Steaks.

1 cast iron skillet.
1-2tblsp Soy sauce
.5-1tblsp Worcestershire sauce
Ginger
Sugar
Pepper
Sea Salt

In a bag, mix all ingredients except sea salt together. Throw in meat. Marinade for 30min-hour outside of the fridge.

Pull out steak form 'nade, put sea salt on and press it in. *make sure steak is room temp or it will not be warm in the middle*

Heat skillet on med-med/hi *make sure pan is hot, you want to hear it sizzle when you put the steak on*. Add a dash of EVOO. Throw on the steak, 2-3 minutes per side. Pull off and let rest covered 3-4 minutes. Devour.

Awesome medium/rare pan seared steak. It makes every cut of steak a delicious meal.

BaDgErFaN

Awards
  • Established
2. Easy recipe:

1 Tbsp fish sauce
1 Tbsp Sriracha sauce
1/2 lime
1 clove garlic
Pepper

tried this- it was really good

msucurt

msucurt

Awards
  • Established
Rodja, bought the ingreadients you listed, but when I got home, I saw that I didnt have steak. Well, i used this marinade on chicken breast, and it was really good. Just thought you guys should know. Chicken works well for this too!

thanks rodja

2. Easy recipe:

1 Tbsp fish sauce
1 Tbsp Sriracha sauce
1/2 lime
1 clove garlic
Pepper

neofrost83

neofrost83

Awards
  • Established
Neo's London Broil Recipe

Broiled steak that I made last night -

• London Broil (or Top-Round if you can't find London Broil cut...should be a 1.5-2lbs cut)
  • Montreal Steak Seasoning
  • Adolph's Meat Tenderizer
  • Garlic Powder
  • Mustard (I know it sounds weird...don't knock it until you've tried it - it's the old fashioned style recipe)
  • EVOO
  1. Preheat oven on "Broil" setting.
  2. Generously coat the entire cut of beef with EVOO.
  3. Then generously sprinkle Adolph's Tenderizer, THEN Garlic, THEN Montreal Seasoning. Then cover that with mustard...of course careful not to scoop all the seasoning off the meat when you are spreading the mustard evenly. Flip over, repeat.
  4. After steak sits for 20-30 min, put it in the oven.
  5. About 5 min on each side (when it's 1 - 1.5" thick).
  6. Cut center to ensure it's the proper "doneness" (everyone knows the most flavor is in medium-rare cooked beef, if you disagree then you are wrong, that is all)
  7. Let it settle.
Trust me - mustard is the key. My wife comes from an old fashioned family that passed this recipe down...mustard is what they used back in the day for tenderizer! Oh yea - and typically London Broil is sliced diagonally with the grain of the meat. Unfortunatley that takes patience - and when I see and smell a freshly cooked steak and it's dinner time, well patience isn't one of my strong suits at that point. But gluttony is! Enjoy!

wrobben

Awards
I like to marinate steak in italian dressing for a day. Go outside and turn the grill on highest setting till its good and hot. Chuck the steak down on the grill and sear each side till its got a bit of black around the edges and a nice pink center. With the left over dressing i like to pour it on the steak as its cooking. Great tasting steak. Works great with chicken as well.