Keto Friendly Low Carb Fried Chicken

cowboy007

cowboy007

Awards
  • Established
Last night I bought some BBQ flavored pork rinds. I crushed them up, then dipped chicken breasts in an egg wash before coating them in the crushed rinds. I put them in the deep fryer and DAMN! Awesome! Not the healthiest way to do chicken, but its a great Keto friendly dinner.

Skipperman

Skipperman

Awards
Another way to do it is instead of pork rinds, use Lays Potato chips and put them on a baking sheet and stick it in the oven. Once again not too healthy but delicious!

Skipp

cowboy007

cowboy007

Awards
  • Established
Another way to do it is instead of pork rinds, use Lays Potato chips and put them on a baking sheet and stick it in the oven. Once again not too healthy but delicious!

Skipp
The pork rinds keep the carb count around the 2g range. For Keto/anabolic dieters who need to stay in the 20-30 range for an entire day, using the potato chips would probably run up the carb value. You wouldnt save much in carbs over just using traditional breading if using chips. It would be a nice crunchy taste though and a nice change for a carb up day

R

Raptorbh12

Awards
I actually have done the pork rind fried zucchini when I was doing low carb.
It was the best side dish I ever made.
I think the bbq pork rinds would be great to fry chicken in. Its alot of extra fat but if your low in dietary fat for the day, cook up one of those chicken breats and bam, you hit your caloric number on a delicious note.