I eat junk unless I, MYSELF, prepare my food need chicken recipes! (have grill)

1. Registered User

I eat junk unless I, MYSELF, prepare my food need chicken recipes! (have grill)

I have a george foreman type grill and a non stick pan and lots of olive oil.
    What are some simple ways to prepare chicken breasts, whenever I try to grill them/pan prepare them they suck, and I don't want to depend on my mom for help cuz she doesn't follow my schedule and this causes me to mess up mine and thus i slack and get stressed/frustrated and I over eat and eat junk food and by tomorrow morning I'm off my damn diet.

2. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  202 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by alih92 View Post
    I have a george foreman type grill and a non stick pan and lots of olive oil.
    What are some simple ways to prepare chicken breasts, whenever I try to grill them/pan prepare them they suck, and I don't want to depend on my mom for help cuz she doesn't follow my schedule and this causes me to mess up mine and thus i slack and get stressed/frustrated and I over eat and eat junk food and by tomorrow morning I'm off my damn diet.
    easy as crap to cook them in a pan.

I take the pan, fill it up with a tiny layer of olive oil. Put it on super low heat. Add a chicken breast right from the freezer. Let is warm up/sizzle for a few minutes until white/slightly brown and then flip. Add garlic, salt, pepper, onion powder, and maybe some worchestershire sauce.

Easy, take 10-15mins, or less.

The trick is low heat, and cook in olive oil. Thats it.
  3. Registered User

Also, what about the rice and brocolli...lol cuz that's what I'm eating my chicken with.
    So you don't use actual garlic and onion...just powders?

>_<

Man that's crazy...I'm a guy and I've never cooked before unless you count burgers on a grill (but they are very fattening, endomorph here) and ramen noodles >__<.

One more thing, i got these shaker type things with spices in em, like a mix of spices to use when grilling, how are those? I got this one mesquite one and a lemon pepper one and some other ones, can I use those?
    •   

4. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  0 lbs.

If the breast isnt frozen, add the real garlic. Garlic is a sugar, and as such, will caramelize and burn way before your chicken is done. Add it towards the end of cooking.

You can also take a fresh breast, cover it in a nice seasoning mix, then brown it on both sides. Pop in the oven (350) for 7 minutes. When you pull it out of the pan, (while pan is still hot) toss a little (like 1 tsp.) vodka or lemon, lime, or oj into the pan. This "deglazes" the pan and takes all the brown crusty stuff and turns it into a little sauce you can poor over the breast. If youre not too worried about fat (like a keto diet), after you deglaze toss in COLD butter and swirl it around to make a creamy sauce.
  5. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  232 lbs.

i love laury's marinades. just let them soak over night and cook them as is on the grill
    Serious Nutrition Solutions
  6. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  200 lbs.

I just get a bag of frozen chicken from Costco, thaw em out, then season 1 side and throw them in the oven for 15 min. Then flip, season other side, and bake for another 15 min. Easy...
  7. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  183 lbs.

I also buy the frozen chicken breasts at costco! great deal and I think they taste really good! Only problem is, I've never grilled or anything in my life before buying these! haha like I said they are tasty by themselves but I get sick of it just trying to eat chicken, I need to find a good marinate that I can make with things I already have at my house!
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Junk Food
    By hsblossoms in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 06-30-2008, 11:08 PM
  2. Junk Food Last Night
    By jlphillips in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-14-2008, 01:17 PM
  3. junk food
    By adzy in forum Weight Loss