substitutions

Michael Paul

Awards
Thought it would be helpful if we all jumped in and started listing our favorite food/recipe substitutions.

For example, here are some of mine:

use applesauce instead of oil in baking recipes
use agave nectar instead of syrup for pancakes
use cottage cheese instead of mayo with tuna

Feel free to chime in and pile on, I'd love to see how you guys adapt your recipes for cut or bulking diets...

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I like sweet serum as a sweetner. its not a very popular product buts its good to make things very healthy and reduce sugar.

the applesauce trick is pretty solid as well

RAHHH

Awards
  • Established
I also like sweet serum as a sweetner!
good when waching carbs (simple refinde carbs liek hfcs or cain sugar ect.) while cutting or just in genral.
even making EXTRA sweet smoothys without adding a bunch of sugar.
and altho booz is bad (i rairly drink) as a margarita sweetner i assum it would be pritty nice and will find out some time soon this summer. :p

HereToStudy

HereToStudy

Primordial Performance Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I have a buddy that completely swears by sweet serum, I havn't tried it yet though.

Artificial sweetners or organic plant nectars? I think the sweet serum works is the way to go, I just havnt jumped on it because I dont really have much of a sweet tooth anyway.

msucurt

msucurt

Awards
  • Established
sweet serum....this something you can buy at the grocery? If not, got a link?

thanks

I like sweet serum as a sweetner. its not a very popular product buts its good to make things very healthy and reduce sugar.

the applesauce trick is pretty solid as well

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
sweet serum....this something you can buy at the grocery? If not, got a link?

thanks
Its a product by Primordial Performance. Not one of their more well known products but a product that is great to use if you are looking to sweeten things naturally.

cowboy007

cowboy007

Awards
  • Established
Coconut oil makes a good base for pan frying. I also crush up prok rinds and use as a breading in place of bread crumbs when on Keto

Michael Paul

Awards
Just found that greek yogurt, lemon juice, salt and pepper, make an amazing substitute for sour cream on fajitas. Pop that fajita onto a high fiber wheat pita with some fresh peppers and grilled chicken, and you are talking PROTEIN MONSTER (the greek yogurt is all protein, no fat).

ChrisSurf

Awards
I tried cottage cheese and tuna b/c of this thread and thought I was gonna barf, that was disgusting. Threw the whole meal out after that 1st bite.

I'll stick with tuna and Smart Balance omega plus mayo.

tubbednova

Awards
  • Established
i found greek yogurt to be best with tuna chicken ect. instead of mayo

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Blesum Male Anti-Aging Medicine 25
billm311 Training Forum 2