Another way to eat your Cottage Cheese

gymaddict20

gymaddict20

Awards
  • Established
I personally like cottage cheese by itself and have no problem eating it. For those of you that don't give this a try. It tasted so good I forgot it was healthy and actually felt guilty about eating it lol.

1 heaping cup of cottage cheese (small or large curd)
A handful of ice cubes
splash of water
1 package of 0 sugar, 0 fat chocolate pudding mix.

Let me know how this goes for everyone.

-Nick aka gymaddict20

CrazyChemist

CrazyChemist

Awards
  • Established
i too like cottage cheese as is but ill try this out too

gymaddict20

gymaddict20

Awards
  • Established
This is pretty awesome. It comes out so smooth and creamy. Let me know when you try it bro.

crazyfool405

crazyfool405

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I personally like cottage cheese by itself and have no problem eating it. For those of you that don't give this a try. It tasted so good I forgot it was healthy and actually felt guilty about eating it lol.

A handful of ice cubes
splash of water

-Nick aka gymaddict20
add blueberries and splenda and get rid of the ice and make it like a syrup!

gymaddict20

gymaddict20

Awards
  • Established
add blueberries and splenda and get rid of the ice and make it like a syrup!
That sounds pretty good with blueberries. I was going to add some splenda but it seemed to be sweet enough as it is.

intrepid

Awards
I put mine in yogurt. Protein powder and oats mix easily as well. To mix all these takes about 1 min.

votum

votum

Awards
  • Established
Pineapples. I hated cottage cheese forever, just started eating it in the chowhall a few weeks back, once I got used to the texture its not so bad, doesnt really taste like anything tbh.

Jake Fires

Jake Fires

Awards
  • Established
its really good on a sandwich, use it as a substitute for mayo. its awsome

CrazyChemist

CrazyChemist

Awards
  • Established
its really good on a sandwich, use it as a substitute for mayo. its awsome
Good with tuna.

Hey OP - I tried your recipe tonight. F-ing awesome. I added a spoonful natty pb after trying it and i think the pb sent it over the top.

gymaddict20

gymaddict20

Awards
  • Established
Tastes so good you almost felt guilty huh? Lol

AnthonyIOSOS

AnthonyIOSOS

Awards
  • Established
This all sounds so gross. I like it alone or with tuna. I still thing the ranch powder is a good idea, though I have yet to try it.

Balance

Balance

Awards
Try it on some toast with jelly, or in a baked potato mixed with a little sour cream. Hate the stuff by itself but actually enjoyed these two snacks.

SouthernCharm

SouthernCharm

Awards
  • Established
Man Im gonna have to try this I HATE cottage cheese LOL

Jake Fires

Jake Fires

Awards
  • Established
it just adds alot of extra protien to your daily intake, thats why its taken lol.

SouthernCharm

SouthernCharm

Awards
  • Established
Good deal, if it taste like cheese cake Im down like four flats

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I personally prefer the addition of salsa and extra virgin olive oil.

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I don't measure it because it is very light in caloric count. I eye-ball it to taste really. If I were to guess it would be one cup cottage cheese to maybe 1/3 - 1/2 cup of salsa and two tblsp of XVOO.

When I'm really getting into it I'll add some garlic, oregano and basil and ground black pepper. Now THATS Italian!

gymaddict20

gymaddict20

Awards
  • Established
I don't measure it because it is very light in caloric count. I eye-ball it to taste really. If I were to guess it would be one cup cottage cheese to maybe 1/3 - 1/2 cup of salsa and two tblsp of XVOO.

When I'm really getting into it I'll add some garlic, oregano and basil and ground black pepper. Now THATS Italian!
That sounds pretty good. I will give it a try tonight.

julius kelp

julius kelp

Awards
  • Established
you more kitchen-able folks could even make a monster turkey/lean beef whole wheat lasagna using this as cheese, it could rock...

hli1022

Awards
i love cottage cheese though to be honest sometimes i just cant take the test. i think another good way to eat it is to put a scoop or half a scoop of casein in there. ON chocolate casein works great. the vanilla one is good too, but the chocolate one is awesome

AnthonyIOSOS

AnthonyIOSOS

Awards
  • Established
I just tried cottage cheese with hummus. The hummus was roasted garlic with olive oil. Tasted ok, was definitely something different. Just another idea.

hli1022

Awards
I just tried cottage cheese with hummus. The hummus was roasted garlic with olive oil. Tasted ok, was definitely something different. Just another idea.
LOL i tried that too without the olive oil. yeah its not the greatest. i think cottage cheese taste best with some sort of sugar free sweet.

RepThat21

RepThat21

Awards
  • Established
i had to add half cup of milk and an extra handfull of icecubes cus it was so thick and my blender wouldnt blend it.came out pretty good tho.

SouthernCharm

SouthernCharm

Awards
  • Established
i had to add half cup of milk and an extra handfull of icecubes cus it was so thick and my blender wouldnt blend it.came out pretty good tho.
Same thing happened to me, I thought I was going to break my blender. I think im gonna invest in a really heavy duty one LOL

SouthernCharm

SouthernCharm

Awards
  • Established

A handful of ice cubes
splash of water

-Nick aka gymaddict20

Dude, I tried this the other night and it was great! My new favorite way of consuming .... (bleh) cottage cheese!!! LOL It was a little thick so I added some milk...

And also tried a new variation last night with a couple pieces of pineapple and banana pudding instead of chocolate. YUM!!

gymaddict20

gymaddict20

Awards
  • Established
I will have to try that for sure. I threw some blue berries in the last time I made it and it came out awesome. Glad everyone is enjoying these.

futbolista

futbolista

Awards
I throw cottage cheese and protein powder into the magic bullet and blend. Totally comes out like cheesecake (at least it does if you're contest prepping and don't remember what cheesecake tastes like.)

AnthonyIOSOS

AnthonyIOSOS

Awards
  • Established
I throw cottage cheese and protein powder into the magic bullet and blend. Totally comes out like cheesecake (at least it does if you're contest prepping and don't remember what cheesecake tastes like.)
That must suck. I would hate to forget the taste of awesome food.

musclehustler

musclehustler

Awards
try this
1 cup cottage cheese
1 scoop protein powdre
2 tbsp. peanutbutter
1/4 cup of strawberry yogurt

This is my last snack of the day and it hits the spot!!

manny1519

Awards
I grab the no salt added cottage cheese and add splenda, cinnamon and mix a tbs of almondt butter...mmmm

ChrisSurf

Awards
I usually mix in some PB, some raisons, and a lil syrup, actually taste great and have mixed all that with yogurt and flax seeds as well. I cannot eat cottage cheese by itself and don't know how others can, the minute it hits my mouth I want to gag and throw up.

swollwilliams

swollwilliams

Awards
  • Established
being in the off season and bulking, i just buy the little cottae cheese containers that have fruit with it in it's own separate section, n mix. they have strawberry, pineapple, peach... great to take on the go...eat 3-4 at a time tho...

Joelvandekrol

Awards
i eat my cottage cheese with nothing more than crushed black pepper or ground cayenne.

machwon04

Awards
  • Established
What kind of cottage cheese (brand? low fat or regular?) and yogurt are you guys buying? Everything I find in the stores here seem to have too much sugar in them. Is it natural sugar or something? I can't find anything that's sugar-free.

scope75

scope75

Awards
  • Established
1 cup cottage cheese
1 scoop vanilla casein
2-3 table spoons of PB
A little almond milk or water and mix it up and throw it in the freezer for an hour and you something kinda like ice-cream.

votum

votum

Awards
  • Established
I've been loving this:

1 or 2 cups large curd cottage cheese

1 or 2 cups strawberry greek yogurt

1 or 2 cups berry sherbert

Mix it all up and enjoy. 1 or 2 cups depending on how much ya want, going to go make up a 2 cup batch now :D

Emerge

Emerge

Awards
  • Established

A handful of ice cubes
splash of water

-Nick aka gymaddict20
This is the best thing I have read on this entire website.

Xerxes

Awards
  • Established
A favorite of mine, that the girlfriend and I make....Cottage Cheese Spinach Chicken

What you need spinach, boneless chicken breasts, chopped onions, garlic, cottage cheese, cajun seasoning and butter (we usually use Omega Butter or I Can't Believe Its Not Butter spray).

-Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
-Mix thawed or fresh spinach, onion, garlic and cottage cheese in a bowl
-Put the cajun seasoning on the chicken, prior to cooking
-Slice a slit in the chicken (only on 1 side), and push spinach, onion, garlic, cottage cheese mix into the slit. You can use a toothpick to pin it shut if you want.
-Melt the butter you are using, or spray on "fat free butter" substitute and sprinkle over top the chicken (prior to cooking)
-Cook for 25 minutes and blamo your ready to roll...

Its a pretty tasty recipe, a great protein and fat source (assuming you use good oils and a good butter)

drivehard

drivehard

Awards
  • Established
I just do the following for a late night snack:

1 cup+ of fat free CC.
1 to 2 tablespoons imatation vanilla flavoring (the cheap cooking stuff)
1 to 2 tablespoons splenda

Mix with a spoon and enjoy. Of course, I love CC, so yeah, I think its GREAT!

DmitryWI

DmitryWI

I know nothing...
Awards
  • Established
1 cup cottage cheese
.5 cup fat free plain Greek yogurt
1 scoop protein powder
1 cup oats
I also add a bit of almonds and dried cranberries.
Don't blend it, just mix it together. Tastes great.