Cottage Cheese...

Exposure

Exposure

Awards
Can't stand the taste of plain cottage cheese so I do this. It makes you feel like you are cheating on your diet!!!

1 cup FF or 1% cottage cheese
1 TBSP Splenda
1 TSP cinnamon

Heaven.

acwingfoot

Awards
i do the same! add protein as well .. cinnamon bun or vanilla

n87

Awards
  • Established
I eat it with a tb spoon of sour cream, or sprinkle some ground black pepper. One thing about cottage cheese though, manufacturers add too much salt to it, so watch out for sodium content. There are brands with very low sodium out there.

jherman08

jherman08

Awards
  • Established
wtf this all sounds nastier than plain cottage cheese and i hate it lol

Deeerdre

Deeerdre

Awards
  • Established
Ill just stick to regular cottage cheese, its hard enough to handle as is, I think if i added anything I'd punish my toilet later

n87

Awards
  • Established
Well, I guess you have to man up to it... lol
But seriously, it's not that bad.
Dry curd Cottage cheese by Sunshine Dairy foods is my favorite. Only 15 grams of sodium per serving! Highly recommended. :)

TheLastRonin

TheLastRonin

Awards
  • Established
I like my cottage cheese on cucumber slices with hot sauce haha.

ticco

ticco

Awards
  • Established
I either go the way ronin did it with hot sauce or the sweet way with some pb or protein powder mixed into in.

zodiiac523

zodiiac523

Awards
  • Established
I like hot sauce on everything else, havent tried it on CC yet.. gotta admit it sounds horrible but not going to hate on it until i try it...

TheLastRonin

TheLastRonin

Awards
  • Established
I like hot sauce on everything else, havent tried it on CC yet.. gotta admit it sounds horrible but not going to hate on it until i try it...
Yea I like this and hot sauce on boiled eggs. (Louisiana or death sauce your choice)

acwingfoot

Awards
quick question .. i love CC, but wehen on a serious cut, what are your opinions on avoiding dairy, i.e. CC?? I was under the impression that all dairy should be cut out .. misinformed? or some truth to it?

zodiiac523

zodiiac523

Awards
  • Established
tried the hot sauce last night, and it wasnt bad at all..

quick question .. i love CC, but wehen on a serious cut, what are your opinions on avoiding dairy, i.e. CC?? I was under the impression that all dairy should be cut out .. misinformed? or some truth to it?
ummm depends on what you mean by serious cut... i have not had problems losing bf with it, but i would probably be a tiny bit leaner with loss of some muscle of coarse had i cut it out...

wespebane

Awards
While not clean, a friend eats cottage cheese with doritos.

I hate the taste and texture, so I just put it in a blender cup with some water and after pureeing it I just chug. 15 seconds and the pain is gone.

littlejeni

littlejeni

Awards
While not clean, a friend eats cottage cheese with doritos.

I hate the taste and texture, so I just put it in a blender cup with some water and after pureeing it I just chug. 15 seconds and the pain is gone.
If you don't like CC then try protein powder. CC is up there in salt content, so a protein drink, even a RTD like myoplex would be a better option than blended CC.

Yeah, and the doritos are definitely high in salt (and everything else that you should avoid)!! :)

freakdego21

Awards
take what ever protein powder u have mix a scoop or two with cottage cheese, add in 1 to 2 tbls of peanut butter and it taste like ice cream. If its too thick jus add a touch of water

spelchek

Awards
Im going to go try the powder & PB right now !

Ananub1

Ananub1

Awards
My favorite, 2-3 heaping table spoons of sliced jalapeno's. with about 1 cup of Cottage cheese. it gives a similar outcome to the stuffed jalapeno poppers you can get as a appetizer. the CC gives it a pretty mild bite.

Outstanding

Awards
  • Established
I am a fan of cottage cheese, but really only for taste and occasionally... since there has not been a single peer reviewed controlled published study done regarding human protein metabolism and resulting levels of sustained blood amino acid content and more importantly accompanying protein synthesis rate and anabolism, I am skeptical whether or not cottage cheese serves our goals well as a tool used to supply casein protein prior to bed to stave off muscle wasting hormones.

Also, I remove cottage cheese either entirely or at six weeks out from a contest when dieting, depending on my rate of fat loss any given year as I prep.

One thing I have found is delicious, is when in the off season preparing breakfast, I am a huge English Egg Muffin Sandwich fan, and in stead of using the fat laden usual slice of American or Cheddar cheese, I will use cottage cheese and spoon it right on top of the egg. 100% whole wheat English muffin, 3 slices of Turkey Bacon, Cottage Cheese, and 1 whole egg over easy with 2 additional egg whites; fat free spray butter and sugar free jelly can be added to the muffins as they pop from the toaster if desired.

"It was make your taste buds dance and sing!" -Aladdin

ticco

ticco

Awards
  • Established
My favorite, 2-3 heaping table spoons of sliced jalapeno's. with about 1 cup of Cottage cheese. it gives a similar outcome to the stuffed jalapeno poppers you can get as a appetizer. the CC gives it a pretty mild bite.
sounds good fresh or pickled penos?

ticco

ticco

Awards
  • Established
take what ever protein powder u have mix a scoop or two with cottage cheese, add in 1 to 2 tbls of peanut butter and it taste like ice cream. If its too thick jus add a touch of water
i love this one, been using it for ages

Ananub1

Ananub1

Awards
I buy them slicked in the jar, If i get a chance I will try fresh. I suggest you experiment with the portions for your own liking

raynev

raynev

Awards
does anyone use cottage chees in stuffed shels, heard that it can replace roccata?? any experience?

littlejeni

littlejeni

Awards
does anyone use cottage chees in stuffed shels, heard that it can replace roccata?? any experience?
Try 2 parts CC to 1 part fat free sour cream (ie-2 cups CC and 1 cup SC). This is what I use to substitute in lasagna and it's great.

Outstanding

Awards
  • Established
Greek Yogurt + 2 packets Truvia + Cinnamon = (Enter: angelic harmony)