Secret recovery drink

Ricky5145

Awards
  • Established
Ive always been a hige fan of recovery supplementation. i always try to make the best mixes i can to get the job done. heres my drink i take post workout and twice a day (morning and night) on my days off.

5 grams creatine
5 grams glutamine
2 grams beta alanine
5 grams arginine
5 grams BCAA's
8-12 oz Grape Juice**

Juice...i hate juice, not good stuff but grape juice is the only thing that maskes alll the bad tast of all of those supps put together. plus it has simple sugars so thats great PWO.

Post your recovery drinks on here too so we can all add more to our arsenals and see what other people are doing.

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
"Scotch! Scotchy-scotch-scotch. I love scotch! Feels good in my belly."

-Ron Burghandy

SirGalahad

Awards
Ive always been a hige fan of recovery supplementation. i always try to make the best mixes i can to get the job done. heres my drink i take post workout and twice a day (morning and night) on my days off.

5 grams creatine
5 grams glutamine
2 grams beta alanine
5 grams arginine
5 grams BCAA's
8-12 oz Grape Juice**

Juice...i hate juice, not good stuff but grape juice is the only thing that maskes alll the bad tast of all of those supps put together. plus it has simple sugars so thats great PWO.

Post your recovery drinks on here too so we can all add more to our arsenals and see what other people are doing.

Very close to mine. 3g creatine, 5g glutimine, 3g arginine, 3g leucine, 5g BCAA's, 8-10 oz of pineapple juice. The pineapple juice does a great job of disguising the bitter taste of the amino acids. I also take it post workout and once in the a.m. every day.

CrazyChemist

CrazyChemist

Awards
  • Established

-Ron Burghandy
x2 - nothing like a Tennessee whiskey, AM/PM, pre WO and PWO. Keeps the liver from getting too lazy.

Psychabinol

Awards
  • Established
good but id say skip the argine, pretty useless for recovery and up the BCAA's to 10g

Ricky5145

Awards
  • Established
good but id say skip the argine, pretty useless for recovery and up the BCAA's to 10g
i disagree, i normally take this with animal nitro so i have enough aminos combined. AND arginine isnt usless as a recovery supp, it dialates your blood vessels for better cirulation and removes waste products from your body such as ammonia thorugh your urine so id def keep that in over adding more bcaa's.

Ricky5145

Awards
  • Established
yeah man, i love it. id ike more people to posts theirs on here so we get more variety though

kokobeware2

Awards
  • Established
i just love a banana and a couple glasses of skim milk honestly... very simple and works pretty well

Zaneseed

Awards

-Ron Burghandy
and they said no you cant go in there it is a live bear it will literally rip your face off!! haha love that movie.

sounds like a really good recipe though ill have to try it, and was interesting about arginine's uses PWO. thanks for the info :)

Ricky5145

Awards
  • Established
i just love a banana and a couple glasses of skim milk honestly... very simple and works pretty well
my mom used to make me these when i was growing up. she'd throw that in a blender with some ice and it was awesome. i still love to drink them.

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established

-Ron Burghandy
Three fingers scotch and water, hold the water.

TheLastRonin

TheLastRonin

Awards
  • Established
I uses pretty much the same thing with 1 scoop of PP(usually vanilla) some Spirulina and 3 tablespoons of organic non pasteurized maple syrup with a few shakes of cinnamon. Works well for me.

EctoMeso

5 grams creatine
5 grams glutamine
2 grams beta alanine
5 grams arginine
5 grams BCAA's
8-12 oz Grape Juice**

thats almost exactly what i use but i have 10mg of creatine instead of 5 and what ever juice is in the fridge to wash it down :)

racingmind

Awards
This sounds really good. Looks like an expensive list but I think its worth it.

sub001

Awards
So it's cool to take creatine and glutamine together? I never researched the matter, but I read a few places not to take them together because one will win over the other. There's too many articles to dig through to find the real answer.

Ricky5145

Awards
  • Established
if that where true than most sups on the shelves suck becuase ALOT of pre mixed creatine sups include glutamine. its worked great for me man

Ironhyde

Ironhyde

Awards
Two scoops of Evo Labs Glucevol or two scoops of Professional Supplements Pure Karbolyn
14 grams BCAAs
10 grams glutamine
16 ounces orange juice

I switch back and forth between this and MHP's Dark Matter. I actually prefer my own recipe though.

Ricky5145

Awards
  • Established
i always prefer home recipes. you know what your getting and you can make whatever you want.

one8seven

one8seven

Awards
1.5 scoop Potato Starch Carbohydrate
13g Pepto Pro
7g 4:1:1 BCAA (leuc ratio)
3g Creatine Monohydrate
2.5g Beta-Alanine
Doesn't get any better than this, swole after .01secs of drinking haha.
my secret recipe almost didn't want to share:439:

edit: took out the abrev's

crazyfool405

crazyfool405

Banned
Awards
  • Established
2 scoop shockwave Scifit
1 serving size-on gaspari
4 heaping scoops of BC+EAAs

nutrient partioner of your choice 30 min prior :)

Ricky5145

Awards
  • Established
1 scoop sjf
4 grams iw
3.5 mili grams oen
1 gram hgv
4:3:2:1 bsd
2 scoops kd

this is the best ive seen/heard of.

julius kelp

julius kelp

Awards
  • Established
well, the grape juice will kick off the creatine with all the sugar... as far as "taste" there's plenty of stuff that tastes WAY worse than that. my favorite vile taste is vpx clenbutrx, first thing in the morning it has a spectacularly bad taste. like robutussin & melted plastic with some unknown horrible chemicals added for flavor, but holy **** the stuff works.

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
My one quick secret recovery drink is chocolate milk. It's got an awesome Pro/Carb/Fat ratio and tastes damn good.

vector18

vector18

Awards
You beat me to it, chocolate milk is one of the best, low fat of course.

Kristofer68SS

Kristofer68SS

Awards
  • Established
1.5 scoop PSC
13g PP
7g 4:1:1 BCAA
3g CM
2.5g BA
Doesn't get any better than this, swole after .01secs of drinking haha.
my secret recipe almost didn't want to share:439:

Im interested in this Postworkout drink.

PP? PeptoPro?
PSC?

Ricky5145

Awards
  • Established
what are the abbreviations here? I'm very interested
ha yeah, it was a joke. on your last post you just used all these abreviations and i was tyring to make the point that not everyone understands what those abreviations mean.

case and point, kristopher asked what yours ment and you just asked what my make believe ones ment. so all in all lets just spell our stuff out.

one8seven

one8seven

Awards
ha yeah, it was a joke. on your last post you just used all these abreviations and i was tyring to make the point that not everyone understands what those abreviations mean.

case and point, kristopher asked what yours ment and you just asked what my make believe ones ment. so all in all lets just spell our stuff out.
LOL good point bra.

Im interested in this Postworkout drink.

PP? PeptoPro?
PSC?
PP = Pepto Pro
PSC = Potato Starch Carbohydrate (better than waxy aww yea!)
I un-abbreviated my last post also :D

doingwork30

doingwork30

Awards
in milk:
1.5 scoops ON whey
5 gm gltamine
in grape juice:
5 gm creatine mono
2 gm beta alanine

msucurt

msucurt

Awards
  • Established
yep...ask the michigan wolverines about this PWO supplement called choco. milk
:fest30:

My one quick secret recovery drink is chocolate milk. It's got an awesome Pro/Carb/Fat ratio and tastes damn good.