- 11-23-2009, 08:18 AM
High protein, low/slow carb - good for cutting fat while keeping muscle
Chicken, Black Beans, Green Beans, Onion
5 skinless chicken breasts
1 can low sodium black bean
I bag frozen green beans
1/2 red or white onion (sliced)
- Thin slice the chicken breasts and stir fry in 1/4 cup olive oil/2 tablesppon low sodium soy sauce
- Once chicken is cooked, add in black beans, green beans, and onion
- Cover, leave on heat for 2-3 minutes, remove from heat but leave cover on.
I don't like the green beans and onion too mushy, so you'll have to tinker to get the consitency you like.
And this is all I eat 6 days a week, with day 7 being an eat whatever I want day (though I still try to limit simple carbs).
If you get bored with it, you can swap out the green beans for another vegetable like brocolli or cauliflower, you can likewiase use pinto beans for black beans.
I also add in 1/3 a cup of pickled jalapenos to spice it up a bit.ProhormoneDB.com
- 11-23-2009, 01:44 PM
- 11-30-2009, 08:52 PM
11-30-2009, 09:31 PM
I cook high heat,, covered, stirring occasionally until the chicken is cooked. Once chik is cooked, I add in the rest, black beans, green beans, and onion. I stir it up real good, leave in high heat for another 2 minutes or so (covered), then stir, turn heat down to half for another 2-3 minutes or so (covered), then take off heat and let site covered for about 10 minutes.
I don't add the jalpenos until it's pretty much cooled off.
If you want to add in some carbs, throw in a few packs of organic raisins, that will sweeten it up a bit.
Also forgot to mention I supplement this with 3 servings of organic, unflavored whey protein mixed in water - about 28 grams of protein each. Yuk.
Drink a bunch of water on this....
12-09-2009, 09:33 PM
Great staple meal! I made enough to freeze 3 additional meals for rainy days. Thx for the simple recipe.
Similar Forum Threads
- By Jurassic in forum SupplementsReplies: 7Last Post: 02-28-2010, 03:12 PM
- By neoborn in forum General ChatReplies: 0Last Post: 01-29-2008, 03:43 PM
- By hockeyroom28 in forum AnabolicsReplies: 18Last Post: 12-12-2007, 11:57 PM
- By Jayhawkk in forum General ChatReplies: 9Last Post: 06-11-2007, 03:18 AM