Cooking Chicken in Microwave? - AnabolicMinds.com - Page 2

Cooking Chicken in Microwave?

Page 2 of 2 First 12
  1. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'1"  228 lbs.

Yes, but I love Texas Pit BBQ, and will not stop eating it. I understand the madness, but I think its possible to afford an electric skillet like I had. I had one with a lid on it, and cooked my chicken like that. I used my rice cooker for brown rice, and had a blender, and a toaster for my shakes, and ezekiel toast. I lived in military barracks, and made all my meals with those things and a microwave. I went to the grocery store weekly.

2. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  195 lbs.

damn I feel like a noob, all the chicken breast I consume is Tyson microwaved. Can someone give me any tips on How to cook my chicken.....I suck at cooking
  3. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'1"  228 lbs.

Electric skillet on Medium, olive oil, for the pan, and season your chicken, w/mrs dash, or sea salt and pepper. Cook both sides until cooked thru with lid on. I add frozen broccoli and pair with brown rice. Its good.
    •   

4. New Member
    Stats
    5'7"   lbs.

i say foreman too

if you do it in the microwave, experiment. try different power settings/different times. I am a chicken fanatic and know that microwaves have the tenancy to give me chewy chiggen (YUCK) so I'd go on really low power for a longer time.
  5. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'1"  228 lbs.

TRUE DAT Boogar.
  6. New Member
    Stats
    5'6"  110 lbs.

I just put a little water in the bottom of the dish then the chicken breast with lemon slices and some black pepper on top. I put glad press wrap on top of bowl with a few holes in it and start microwave. Doesn't dry it out as bad and I like the loemon/pepper taste.
  7. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'1"  228 lbs.

Sounds clean and delicious. I just ate Chicken breast, corn, and rice and broccoli on the ship today, with a glass of milk. Its what we were fed that I could eat. Not too bad though and free.
  8. Professional Member

Quote Originally Posted by cheloz28 View Post
    damn I feel like a noob, all the chicken breast I consume is Tyson microwaved. Can someone give me any tips on How to cook my chicken.....I suck at cooking
    Baking it is a no brain way. 415-425* on bake about 15-20min. Cut the thickest piece before you pull them out to check if inside is raw. I cook about 8 breast at a time like this at home.

The microwave thing was treating me fine. I dont care if foods bland, i eat raw broccoli.
    The microwave thing was fine with some water in the bottom of a bowl and then just heated on high about 2 1/2 - 3min. The pieces were filleted(sp?) by me so i made sure they were thin enough. im a bio/micro major so i know about the issues with bacteria. The chicken edges dried out a few times but its good to nknow i over cooked rather than under.
    I just picked up a box a fish so im back on that for awhile.
  9. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'1"  228 lbs.

You could add potatoes, veggies, or rice to the dish if you are baking it to make a complete meal.
  10. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.

chicken cooked in a micro is still diff with the one cooked in oven but if a micro is all you have then stick with it...downside is the chicken would seem to be extra dry...
  11. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Anjil View Post
    Cooking raw chicken in the microwave is very unsafe. Especially since all ovens very. Ever hear of salmonilla? Id go with what he said. Cooked chicken is the way to go and then just freeze it when your done cooking it. Just make sure you vaccume seal it so you dont get freezer burn. When you reheat it, instead of using simple water, try some fresh lemon in the water or lime. That way when you steam life back into the chicken, your adding some flavor into it as well. Hot sauce added to the water works too. As long as its air tight in the freezer, you should be able to make quite a bit of it when your home and then just thaw when your ready.
    I agree with it. It is very unsafe to eat a chicken that is not 100% cooked.
    It is no issue on how or where we will cook the chicken. As long as it is 100%
    cooked.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Question on cooking chicken?
    By TipTopShape in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 06-04-2010, 07:59 PM
  2. Fried and Microwave.
    By captgarrett in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 12-14-2009, 04:38 PM
  3. Microwave degradation ???