homemade protein "bar"

sakes

Awards
i cant make a protein bar a "bar" to save my life... if i freeze it i cant get it off the plate. and if i put it in the fridge its still liquidy

Wilderbeast

Wilderbeast

Awards
  • Established
Here's a good place to start. Get the following:

Protein powder
1 cup natty PB
1 cup oats (optional)
4-6 TBSP cream (optioanl)
1/2 cup water (to start)

Put protein powder into a mixing bowl. Pop the natty PB in the microwave for a maybe 20-30 seconds. It will mix into the protein much better this way. Then either add your oats whole or blend them up into a powder first. Add your wet ingredients. If you opt for the higher fats add less water to start. Then add your water. Mix it up really well. If it is too dry add a bit more water until you can get a firm paste-like consistency. Spoon your mixture into a small pan and make sure to coat it evenly. Pop it in the fridge over night. Cut it after it has solidified into equal portions and your good to go. Wrap them up in foil or cerran wrap. You can also use the option of divying up the ingredients into single serving amounts, and then instead of putting them into a pan to put in the fridge, put them right into foil or cerran wrap and refrigerate them. Either way you can't go wrong.

BEAST

bmcjames

bmcjames

Awards
  • Established
I am currently working at perfecting my own right now, my girl calls me Betty Crocker BodyBuilder.... lol

I should have it dialed in to perfection by tomorrow or the next day so I will post it up then.

-James

bmcjames

bmcjames

Awards
  • Established
I think I finally got it down now so here it goes:

1/4 Cup Ezekiel 4:9 Sprouted Whole Grain Cereal (Almond)
1 Large Egg (white only)
2 tbsp peanut butter
1/4 cup oatmeal
1 scoop chocolate whey protein (preferably protein only a low carb whey like O.N. or something)
1 1/2 tbsp of cocoa powder (no sugar)
2 1/2 tbsp of splenda (the one without sugar, splenda only)

This comes out to:
60 Gram Carbs
40 Grams Protein
20 Grams Fat (primarily the peanut butter, egg, and oatmeal so all good healthy fats)
I haven't taken the time to figure out how many calories exactly

I bake this for 5 minutes @ 350 degrees just to kill any traces of possible salmonella then refrigerate and eat whenever.

This is 1 cookie/bar so just multiply the numbers by how many you want to cook

-James