HOMEMADE PROTEIN BAR!!!! WOW

met5121

Awards
just wanted to say homemade protein bars are bangin!!! 2 scoops whey, 2tbsp Natty PB, tad bit of water, then refrigerate.

ends up bein 400 calories, 56 grams protein, 16 carbs. DIRTY!!!

Grambo

Grambo

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
just wanted to say homemade protein bars are bangin!!! 2 scoops whey, 2tbsp Natty PB, tad bit of water, then refrigerate.

ends up bein 400 calories, 56 grams protein, 16 carbs. DIRTY!!!
I have done this before as well, much cheaper than the ones you buy. taste great and lots of ways to make them.

bikeswimlive

bikeswimlive

Awards
  • Established
So that doesn't make a whole lot. how many do you usually make in a batch? Do they keep well?

capnsavem

capnsavem

Awards
  • Established
a few threads on this floating around... some goooood recipes

met5121

Awards
So that doesn't make a whole lot. how many do you usually make in a batch? Do they keep well?
i make one each day in the morning. they take about 5 minutes to make then i refridgerate for about 3 hours and eat as my mid day meal. Could even break it in half, 250 cals, 32 pro, 11 carbs or watever

AdelV

AdelV

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
what do you use to put the whey, peanut butter n water in? do u mix it ??

i could try this!

EatMeat

EatMeat

Awards
you could add all sorts of goodies too if you want it more carb heavy like granola or oats, cereal etc. chocolate chips might be a nice addition too :)

KeepBuilding

KeepBuilding

Awards
You just got my tast buds going with this! Sorry for being ignorant but can someone walk me through making these. This sounds like an awesome idea. Thanks guys!

capnsavem

capnsavem

Awards
  • Established
You just got my tast buds going with this! Sorry for being ignorant but can someone walk me through making these. This sounds like an awesome idea. Thanks guys!
mix the ingredients in a bowl (room temperature or slightly heated pb works best), put on a sheet or plate in sections, and refrigerate to harden it up a little... viola!

KeepBuilding

KeepBuilding

Awards
mix the ingredients in a bowl (room temperature or slightly heated pb works best), put on a sheet or plate in sections, and refrigerate to harden it up a little... viola!
Easy stuff! Thanks a bunch!

met5121

Awards
haha just got an email from Vshoppe saying protein bars on sale......made me laugh

AdelV

AdelV

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Im going to try, esp when it costs $3 a bar here and it has 16g of carbs, 22g of protein.. i can make way better.. choc protein, peanut butter.. yum
;)

tnubs

tnubs

Awards
  • Established
there was a awesome recipe somewhere on here where u get chocolate protein, a full jar of pb, some ground up oatmeal and a few other items. you melt the peanut butter so it can hold all the ingredients, then add it and put it on a tray with a spoon, then put it in the fridge and they get hard. it was AWESOME, it was literally like eating candy and its pretty filling from all the fat

rab71

rab71

Awards
I also add two egg whites four T spoons olive oil and then bake for 10 minutes at 350.

Due to the egg whites it makes them slightly crisp (very slightly) around the outside. This makes them easy to eat and save in plastic baggies.

I use a 1/4 cup scooper to shape them onto a cookie sheet. I also use chocolate whey powder (EAS). Good stuff.

When you cook it though they lose a bit of peanut butter flavor though that sux... But my 7 year old likes them so they cant be all bad.:01:

bmcjames

bmcjames

Awards
  • Established
In for my recipe!

I think I finally got it down now so here it goes:

1/4 Cup Ezekiel 4:9 Sprouted Whole Grain Cereal (Almond)
1 Large Egg (white only)
2 tbsp peanut butter
1/4 cup oatmeal
1 scoop chocolate whey protein (preferably protein only a low carb whey like O.N. or something)
1 1/2 tbsp of cocoa powder (no sugar)
2 1/2 tbsp of splenda (the one without sugar, splenda only)

This comes out to:
60 Gram Carbs
40 Grams Protein
20 Grams Fat (primarily the peanut butter, egg, and oatmeal so all good healthy fats)
I haven't taken the time to figure out how many calories exactly

I bake this for 5 minutes @ 350 degrees just to kill any traces of possible salmonella then refrigerate and eat whenever.

This is 1 cookie/bar so just multiply the numbers by how many you want to cook

-James

wrobben

Awards
I tried this it was really good. I cut the recipe in half. I had peanut butter protein so i mixed in a Tbs of sugar free chocolate pudding mix and a Tbs of Splenda. I threw it in the freezer and it turned into a very good protein popsicle lol.

elliot21

Awards
Avoid protein bars that have in excess of 5 grams of sugar per serving. Also, stay away of any whey protein bar that has more than 2 grams of saturated fat.

alexchamp

Awards
how does it taste? i just buy protein bars but i'm interested in making them myselves

capnsavem

capnsavem

Awards
  • Established
how does it taste? i just buy protein bars but i'm interested in making them myselves
DUDE IT TASTES AWESOME.

so simple too. and you control what you're putting into it, unlike purchased protein bars that have alot of crap filler ingredients for the most part.

BigBeazy

BigBeazy

Awards
  • Established
I just made a batch and tossed it in the fridge. Anyone know of anyway i can some how shape it into the actual protein bars you buy? I was thinking about that perfect brownie maker thing you see on t.v. When i stopped by my parents house i saw my mom bought one for some reason.

I made mine in a little loaf sheet thing, like how butter loaf or crap like that is made.

srwim

srwim

Awards
I'm going to have to give this a try. Sounds like a great money saving alternative!

Balance

Balance

Awards
Read this the other day and just made it - AMAZING. I put peanut butter into my shakes sometimes so I don't see why I havent thought of this, but that what this section is for! Def didnt think it was gonna mix with such little water but it did no prob and tastes bomb-
Thanks man

Kristofer68SS

Kristofer68SS

Awards
  • Established
Better Protein Bars by Need2.

End of story.

Add PB, Honey, Water and Mix, Chill, Cut Portions and Enjoy.

Outstanding

Awards
  • Established
I was wondering the same thing... if I were to quadruple this recipe, and put the mixture into a 9x13 pan for baking cakes or corn bread, would it self-level and I could simply cut it into even pieces (4's) in order to have the math already done for me regarding nutrients?
*How long does the batch take in the fridge to 'set' and become stable enough to cut, eat, or put in a zip-lock and take to work?

I am very interested to hear some variations on this recipe! I know mixing in some chocolate chips would be amazing, but defeats the entire purpose...

What abou incorporating some bananas or mixing in some granola or raw almonds/peanuts!? MMMMMMMMMM!!!! :)