Tilapia

RepThat20

RepThat20

Banned
Awards
Just got a pound of fresh tilapia.anyone got any good recipies?

M

Muscledad

Awards
My wife cooks this for me all the time, I think she just puts a seasoning on it then bakes it till done...it is super tasty and great protien. Not sure what seasoning, just some fish/poultry stuff she has.

RepThat20

RepThat20

Banned
Awards
baked is always good.does she put olive oil on them or strictly just seasoning?..i was also thinking about basting some of the fillets in olive oil and grilling them maybe throwing them in a whole wheat tortilla and have some fish tacos.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
We used to get this fantastic tilapia, with a kahlua and lime sauce.

M

Muscledad

Awards
Citrus Grill by Durkee is what she uses. I swear that stuff is great!!

RepThat20

RepThat20

Banned
Awards
sounds good im gunna look for that seasoning today

freqfly

freqfly

Awards
  • Established
I'm precontest right now and I eat tilapia daily. I make a batter consisting of 0 cal spray butter, garlic powder, salt, dill weed and paprika. Batter and bake at 350 for 10 minutes!!

johnyq

johnyq

Awards
  • Established
just for some information, tilapia has a poor omega 3 to 6 ratio, very similar to feedlot beef. Its much better to choose something like mackerel or salmon.

sorry, no recipes to share.

freqfly

freqfly

Awards
  • Established
just for some information, tilapia has a poor omega 3 to 6 ratio, very similar to feedlot beef. Its much better to choose something like mackerel or salmon.

True, but nothing some salmon oil won't fix. Can't beat the price of tilapia

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established
I'm precontest right now and I eat tilapia daily. I make a batter consisting of 0 cal spray butter, garlic powder, salt, dill weed and paprika. Batter and bake at 350 for 10 minutes!!
You just made me so freaking hungry....

Greek Elite

Greek Elite

Awards
I used to eat tilapia alot, made some good recipes too.. one is to get some firespice woodchips and stick them in the grill or oven n bake, mot of the time would just a lemon-oil-garlic marinade, other times would just use dry spices with crushed red pepper and then sprinkle on parmesan cheese on top and stick it to broil for the last few min to 'crust' the cheese on

M

moi

Awards
just wanted to share this recipe. using tilapia fillet, rub salt onto it. then put rice wine and oyster sauce. steam for 5 minutes. then put spring onions, sesame oil and roasted garlic. steam again for another 5 minutes. that's it! :)

AnthonyIOSOS

AnthonyIOSOS

Awards
  • Established
I usually eat it with some fresh salsa on top.

Olive Oil, Salt, Pepper and Squeezed Lemon.

I also love breaded tilapia.

rab71

rab71

Awards
Mix brown rice and salsa together then throw the tilapia on top (all of this in tin foil) then put some more salsa on top of the fish with garlic and pepper. Wrap it all up and throw it on the grill for a good ten minutes. The rice will soften up from the salsa juices. Cook till rice is soft, the fish will be fine as the moisture will keep it from drying out.

AnthonyIOSOS

AnthonyIOSOS

Awards
  • Established
Mix brown rice and salsa together then throw the tilapia on top (all of this in tin foil) then put some more salsa on top of the fish with garlic and pepper. Wrap it all up and throw it on the grill for a good ten minutes. The rice will soften up from the salsa juices. Cook till rice is soft, the fish will be fine as the moisture will keep it from drying out.
Yes. It goes very well with brown rice.

D

dpatterson

Awards
Tilapia fillets
Tabasco/Chaloua
EVOO
Pepper
Kosher Salt
Favored wood chips
Foil

Mix 1T of EVOO with 1T of Hot Sauce, Pepper and Salt.

Brush on the Tilapia, both sides.

Take some foil and make a pan/bowl and fill with wood chips.

Place tilapia on top of wood chips and place on Hot grill.

Cook for about 7 to 10 minutes. Depends on thickness of fillet.

You want the fish to flake easily but still be moist.

You can also throw these in a hot skillet w/ some EVOO.

Very Good.

DP

R

rob87

Awards
wow, in Australia Tilapia is classed a dirty noxious fish and legally has to be killed if caught.. dirty **** lol but each to their own

O

orangerain

Awards
Tilapia, for me, is best cooked in sweet and sour sauce. My mom does it all the time and we love it every time.

C

cghardwick

Awards
tilapia is a bottom feeding **** eater. i love the fish to death but its a pretty horrid fish.

i like to cook it with a little lemon juice olive oil and creole seasoning in tin foil with a normandy blend vegetables. I get a steamed creole vegetable platter with some delicious protein. high sodium content, but nothing to dramatic.

B

bpchampion

Awards
lemmon pepper salt is pretty good with it too

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yah that's what I was doing and dill and lemon are great. I may add some more ingredients you mentioned.. I love talapia but after a prep I don't want to see it for a while. I was 400 grams every day for the last 3 weeks of my prep.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
wow, in Australia Tilapia is classed a dirty noxious fish and legally has to be killed if caught.. dirty **** lol but each to their own
Yah the farmed version must be better... I tried eating fresh tuna and it was just too toxic, talapia was the only fish I could tolerate every day with out gastral problems.

C

Clickster

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I like mine on the grill or even baked with some lemon juice and lemon pepper on top during cooking.

A

Anjil

Awards
Best way Ive made it: Marinate it in chili powder and lime juice!! Chili Lime Tilapia is to DIE for!!!!

Use half a cup of lime juice, or more depending on how much fish you have.
Salt
Pepper
Garlic
Chili Poweder w a few dashes of Cayanne pepper.

Let it marinate for an hour or so and then just pan fry it. You can use EVOO but you dont have to. Just dump the entire bag in the pan, the marinate will kind of steam it. Sooooo good :) Best **** eating fish Ive had!!

Oh, and I love it over Spinach sauteed in Garlic and a little EVOO with some brown rice!! Im gettin hungry now lol

T

TapouT sparta

Awards
talapia is awesome just add some lemon pepper!!!!!!!

H8dook

H8dook

Banned
Awards

TRUE statement.Tilapia seems to be the odds on favorite fish,but I would recommend only in moderation at best.

TipTopShape

TipTopShape

Awards
  • Established
Tilapia is the only fish I really like to eat. I usually bread it in Panko seasoning.

M

mbacon

Awards
I use this recipe for Tilapia and it rocks....

1 cup bread crumbs
1 cup parm cheese
1 tbls Garlic salt
1 tbls Paprika
Pepper to taste
Parsley or basil flakes
Combine all these together
Coat the fish in flour, some beaten eggs, then bread mixture and bake at 400 till done...about 15 min or so.

This one is good too.

1 cup finely crushed tortilla chips
1 cup bread crumbs
1 tbls lime zest
1 tbls chopped fresh cilantro

Combine all ingredients and prepare the same way as above.

T

tdr124

Awards
some lemon juice, crushed red peppers, and a little basil and bay is usually how i do it, preferably salmon though, tilapia is good though too got both in my fridge defrosting right now!