Mako shark recipes??

nickyjoose

Awards
My mom picked up a few pounds of mako the other day, not really sure how to go about cooking it....any ideas?

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
like any other fish. garlic, lemon pepper, light salt. cook at high heat for a fairly short time, as like any other muscular fish (ahi), it will toughen up if cooked all the way through.

gnetics18

Awards
Make it into ceviche haha.. Shred or flake the shark..Add finely chopped cilantro,Onion,tomato. Add lemon juice until it covers fish so it cooks, let marinate for 1-2 hours in the fridge and done served cold. Add Tapatio hot sauce if wanted, or optional small pieces of avocado. I usually add shrimp and avocado to mine and use yellowtail,angel fish or shark if thats what I have in the fridge. Usually eating with baked chips or 1 tostada. I usually just grab some in a bowl and just a couple of baked chips.

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
Lil extra mercury nevah hurt anyone...right away.

tygy96

Awards
like any other fish. garlic, lemon pepper, light salt. cook at high heat for a fairly short time, as like any other muscular fish (ahi), it will toughen up if cooked all the way through.

very similar to the shark recipe i use constantly... garlic, lemon juice, oregano, lightly salted, and a tiny bit o soy sauce. The only difference is that I usually grill over peppers. delicious.

hman85

hman85

Awards
  • Established
Never had mako , but we catch some black tips here and there and they are great I use seas salt, pepper, lemon, garlic powder and a little red pepper cook on the grill though