Cottage Cheese and Tuna

TravisG

TravisG

Awards
  • Established
Doesnt this sound disgusting? you have to try this before you judge the book by its cover. and to give it more rep. i hate cottage cheese. so if i can eat it anybody can. you mix one cup low fat cottage cheese with 1 can light tuna and add some pepper. this is high in protein. low in carbs and overall a muscle buildnig staple. trust me on this one.

sonofsteven

Awards
  • Established
Doesnt this sound disgusting? you have to try this before you judge the book by its cover. and to give it more rep. i hate cottage cheese. so if i can eat it anybody can. you mix one cup low fat cottage cheese with 1 can light tuna and add some pepper. this is high in protein. low in carbs and overall a muscle buildnig staple. trust me on this one.
Tuna in water or oil ? I'm guessing water , hence the "light" part . Worth a shot .

rubberring

rubberring

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Thanks, Travis... I just threw up a little in my mouth.:lol:

Delta Force

Delta Force

PES Rep
Awards
  • Established
hmm.. I might consider giving this a try and substitute mayo with cottage cheese!

rubberring

rubberring

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
hmm.. I might consider giving this a try and substitute mayo with cottage cheese!
I'll keep an ear out this evening... to see if I can hear you yacking all the way over here in Newark!:lol:

DenDestroys

Awards
cottage cheese with apple butter = the ****

tuna with mayo = the ****

if you need variations with cottage cheese, throwing peaches, pears, raisins or pineapple, all makes it good.

On keto diet though, I don't even mess with cottage cheese, to get 26 grams of protein (1 cup) from cottage cheese, that's around 6-10 carbs, when I can have a casien protein shake with 24 grams of protein for the price of 3 carbs.

js2sbr

Awards
I never could aquire the taste for cottage cheese, but will give it a shot.

Hey Travis ... you healed up enough to start your log?

Delta Force

Delta Force

PES Rep
Awards
  • Established
I'll keep an ear out this evening... to see if I can hear you yacking all the way over here in Newark!:lol:
you're safe for tonight, I already had my dinner and got lunch ready for tomorrow.... I'll give it a try over the weekend!

Delta Force

Delta Force

PES Rep
Awards
  • Established
you're one sick dude.... didn't I just say I already had dinner?

alright, if i have barf I'll make sure the wind is blowing in your direction... hopefully you can smell it all the way up in Newark! :laugh2:

BruceLeroy198

Awards
I tried this last night and it was actually pretty good. Didn't even seem like I was eating cottage cheese.

lennoxchi

lennoxchi

Awards
  • Established
this is my normal dinner 5 nights a week......a little hot sauce in there is not bad either or some crushed red pepper

Beater

Beater

Banned
Awards
are we talking canned tuna? I bet cottage cheese and fresh tuna would actually be pretty good. I might invent some new sushi roll.

ShakesAllDay

ShakesAllDay

Awards
  • Established
I've never put the two together. But, I like a nice light chunk tuna sandwich w/ fat-free mayo on whole wheat bread, with sandwich pickles (the sweet kind).

Also, I usually eat FF cottage cheese, and plain FF yogurt. Both are GREATLY enhanced with a tsp. of Splenda and a dash of cinnamon, and any kind of fruit.

I made up some yogurt the other night with Splenda, cinnamon, blueberries, and grapes - it tasted like a desert.

TravisG

TravisG

Awards
  • Established
hahaha. alright boys its time to put a little hair on the chest and dive into this one. everyone whos tried it so far likes it. gotta give it ONE shot and report back here the findings. youll be surprised.

AnthonyIOSOS

AnthonyIOSOS

Awards
  • Established
I'll give this a try. I am going to use 1 % instead of 0 %. That is because Costco sells the 1 % in a big ass container. I would also like to try the egg in the tuna.

silverSurfer

silverSurfer

Awards
  • Established
Egg in tuna is awesome. I have yet to try tuna with cottage cheese.

Chucke

Awards
Tuna in cottage cheese is pretty good - but I've developed a taste for cottage cheese over the years. I like to put Tabasco sauce in mine as well.

ccapone1153

ccapone1153

Awards
  • Established
yeah dude i read about this on some other trhead and gave it a shot and now its my last meal every night .5 cup CC + 20z tuna + 1 oz almonds + salad ...it tastes better than either alone! LOL

Delta Force

Delta Force

PES Rep
Awards
  • Established
This stuff is really good... i just found out my new favorite dinner :thumbsup:

TravisG

TravisG

Awards
  • Established
Delta, youre my boy blue LOL. This meal is solid!!

swollwilliams

swollwilliams

Awards
  • Established
just picked up a fresh tub of cottage cheese..gonna grab some tuna and give this a go. hell, i'll try anything once. well almost anything once. sounds like it wouldn't be too bad though..especially with the addition of some ground pepper...

AnthonyIOSOS

AnthonyIOSOS

Awards
  • Established
just picked up a fresh tub of cottage cheese..gonna grab some tuna and give this a go. hell, i'll try anything once. well almost anything once. sounds like it wouldn't be too bad though..especially with the addition of some ground pepper...
Did this with chicken salad today. Had all the same ingredients as the tuna salad except with chicken. Next time I'll try it with tuna. Sure it taste just as good.

mario454

Awards
I like to do cottage cheese and tuna with a good squirt of mustard. Yummy...

vpower

vpower

Awards
  • Established
What kind of CC are you guys using? I wasnt sure if you guys are doing the organic CC or not..That stuffs disgusting IMO

vpower

vpower

Awards
  • Established
cool thanks..would there still be a benefit in eating lowfat CC if your trying to put on weight

lemke28

lemke28

Awards
Tried this last night and honestly it wasn't too bad. When I first saw this thread I thought I would never try cottage cheese and tuna, it just sounded nasty. But I changed my mind and gave it a whirl and more than likely will try it again.

Thanks Travis

Anomaly2181

Awards
I found this thread about 5 nights ago looking for a late night alternative to a protein and flaxseed shake, and have had a bowl of it every night since. It looks like a bad yeast infection, but on a taste scale its a 4 out of 5 once I add in seasoning. Bountifuls, tomato basil romano ftw, barly any calories in a tblsp.

sanchezgreg18

sanchezgreg18

Awards
  • Established
add in some pb and its even better. use the crunchy kind and u get a nice texture and crunch lol

ticco

ticco

Awards
  • Established
i do cottage cheese and pb all the time...its awesome.

capnsavem

capnsavem

Awards
  • Established
cc and tuna i figured out a few months ago... good stuff...

cc and pb?... ill have to try it.

rubberring

rubberring

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I still use this thread to induce nausea. Helps me with my diet. :lol:

capnsavem

capnsavem

Awards
  • Established
dude its good. i just had some cc and tuna about 30 minutes ago.

YUM.

rab71

rab71

Awards
I am one of those guys that will eat just about anything. I usually keep a tub of LF CC at work in t he fridge and cans of tuna an chicken at my desk along with oatmeal. If I am running late an don't have time to make lunch I will have this stuff at work to eat.

I th ink I have tried just about every variation of this besides with the PB. I will put just about anything in CC. Love that stuff.:cheers:

AnthonyIOSOS

AnthonyIOSOS

Awards
  • Established
I know this is an old thread but I finally got to try this. The tuna with cottage cheese taste delicious. I had some left over tuna from earlier today and one more serving of cottage cheese. Tossed them together and taste pretty damn good. Thanks for the tip!

Delta Force

Delta Force

PES Rep
Awards
  • Established
this has been one of if not the best tip i got this year, I have replaced mayo in my sandwiches and I'm pretty happy about that, less fat and more protein, you cant ask for more

AnthonyIOSOS

AnthonyIOSOS

Awards
  • Established
this has been one of if not the best tip i got this year, I have replaced mayo in my sandwiches and I'm pretty happy about that, less fat and more protein, you cant ask for more
I don't know if it would taste good in between some bread, but I will give it a try.

capnsavem

capnsavem

Awards
  • Established
ok guys, i've introduced a new element into the cc/tuna (or canned salmon) mixture:

fat free Greek yogurt- plain

do it. give it an extra tanginess, and greek yogurt has tonnes of protein.

AnthonyIOSOS

AnthonyIOSOS

Awards
  • Established
ok guys, i've introduced a new element into the cc/tuna (or canned salmon) mixture:

fat free Greek yogurt- plain

do it. give it an extra tanginess, and greek yogurt has tonnes of protein.
I just talked about this a few hours ago at the gym. This guy buys some fat free greek yogurt and uses it instead of mayo. Reduces the fat and gives it that texture we are looking for. Great idea.

Antigravity

Antigravity

Awards
tried it. liked it. tried it and added a little fresh made pesto (lo salt, lo fat, lo cal)

Best,