90% Lean Beef

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I got 20lbs of it anybody got any good recipes!!
Buy 3 boxes of your choice of flavor of hamburger helper, replace their pasta with a single bag of wheat pasta or what I prefer, "Trader Joe's pasta made from brown rice," use the recommended 6lbs of meat for 3 boxes of Hamburger helper and you have 10 days of low glycemic, hamburger helper if you decide to eat it at least 3-4 times a day. Have plenty of tup-awair on tap.

I

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Buy 3 boxes of your choice of flavor of hamburger helper, replace their pasta with a single bag of wheat pasta or what I prefer, "Trader Joe's pasta made from brown rice," use the recommended 6lbs of meat for 3 boxes of Hamburger helper and you have 10 days of low glycemic, hamburger helper if you decide to eat it at least 3-4 times a day. Have plenty of tup-awair on tap.
That's a great idea! So does that take out all of the bad carbs in it? I never considered this. What type of pasta would go best with it?

Another recipe is using some taco seasoning packets and taco sauce. It's basically all spices and tomato sauce, so nothing bad. Add that in when you're cooking it. When done, just toss it in some lettuce and a little sour cream and you've got a nice taco salad.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
That's a great idea! So does that take out all of the bad carbs in it? I never considered this. What type of pasta would go best with it?

Another recipe is using some taco seasoning packets and taco sauce. It's basically all spices and tomato sauce, so nothing bad. Add that in when you're cooking it. When done, just toss it in some lettuce and a little sour cream and you've got a nice taco salad.
Yes, the Hamburger Helper sauce is powder based and not oil/paste base, so it's not very fatty at all. The worst part is their white pasta. I know you "like" wheat pasta, so that's what I would use. I use Trader Joe's Pasta Made From Brown Rice, but it's the same concept. I use one whole bag of brown pasta, to 6lbs of Lean Meat and 3 boxes worth of sauce.

You can find sales at RALPH's when the sell Hamburger Helper 10 for $10. This helps you switch flavors somewhat frequently and you can have flavors like 4 cheese lasagna on your cut meal.

I

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yes, the Hamburger Helper sauce is powder based and not oil/paste base, so it's not very fatty at all. The worst part is their white pasta. I know you "like" wheat pasta, so that's what I would use. I use Trader Joe's Pasta Made From Brown Rice, but it's the same concept. I use one whole bag of brown pasta, to 6lbs of Lean Meat and 3 boxes worth of sauce.

You can find sales at RALPH's when the sell Hamburger Helper 10 for $10. This helps you switch flavors somewhat frequently and you can have flavors like 4 cheese lasagna on your cut meal.
What sauce are you speaking of?

And by what pasta, I mean what type of noodle? I don't have the Trader Joe's stuff here. Is it like a bow-tie? Rotini? WHAT IS IT VOLCOM?!!

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
What sauce are you speaking of?

And by what pasta, I mean what type of noodle? I don't have the Trader Joe's stuff here. Is it like a bow-tie? Rotini? WHAT IS IT VOLCOM?!!
I use regular long pasta, however your wheat pasta comes, but the type is up to your personal preference. The brown pasta I use only comes in the traditional long strands, so that's what I use. This is my favorite flavor:

Most of the calories come from their white pasta as you can see.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I use 3 boxes for 6lbs of meat and one packet of Brown Pasta.

I

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm going to be embarrassed buying it...This should be good when I get back on TKD which may not be too long.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm going to be embarrassed buying it...This should be good when I get back on TKD which may not be too long.
It's not a bad idea just for flavoring a bowl of carb-less ground beef as well.

Harry Manback

Harry Manback

Awards
  • Established
Interesting.

What is the advantage to eating 90% lean beef as compared to eating say 99% FF ground turkey burger? I am gonna take a stab and say the fat and extra calories for more of a bulking phase. Would I be correct?

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Interesting.

What is the advantage to eating 90% lean beef as compared to eating say 99% FF ground turkey burger? I am gonna take a stab and say the fat and extra calories for more of a bulking phase. Would I be correct?
Traditionally, the ground beef has a greater protein content, but the turkey tastes better, imo.

Harry Manback

Harry Manback

Awards
  • Established
I hated my life on my TKD. There's not enough 90% lean beef in the world to make me enjoy it.

I

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I hated my life on my TKD. There's not enough 90% lean beef in the world to make me enjoy it.
TKD is kids stuff. :p

I've been on CKD for 10 days, and I was on TKD for a few weeks before that. I'm doing fine right now and don't mind the lack of carbs. Energy is just as good if not better. I just miss eating some of the foods is all. I've got a cycle starting Sept. 19th, and I think I'll get on TKD for that. It's a six weeker, so I may go half CKD, and then the remainder on TKD.

I

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Volc, you disappointed me, my friend. That Hamburger Helper stuff has hydrogenated oils in it. Instead, I bought wheat/veggie pasta and some cheesy Ragu to make Beef & Cheddar. Basically cheesy mac and beef.

Y

youngandfree

Awards
  • Established
I cook it with a little seasoning and Pace chunky salsa. I like that vs. "Taco seasoning".

J

jim623

I mix the beef with the ground turkey, makes a good burger.

AMTorres

AMTorres

Awards
  • Established
TKD is kids stuff. :p

I've been on CKD for 10 days, and I was on TKD for a few weeks before that. I'm doing fine right now and don't mind the lack of carbs. Energy is just as good if not better. I just miss eating some of the foods is all. I've got a cycle starting Sept. 19th, and I think I'll get on TKD for that. It's a six weeker, so I may go half CKD, and then the remainder on TKD.
What are you going to be running for your cycle? You logging? I'm starting mine the 16th-18th :) STOKED!

jakellpet

jakellpet

Banned
Awards
  • Established

Ive been hooking into Soya-based pasta - higher protein content.

And back to the OP - 90% beef is still a little high in fat, after you brown it strain the fat out. It may look a little dry, but if you're adding in tomato-based sauce then it doesnt matter.

BTW, I use 98% Kangaroo mince - that is the bomb! :afro:

AMTorres

AMTorres

Awards
  • Established
Ive been hooking into Soya-based pasta - higher protein content.

And back to the OP - 90% beef is still a little high in fat, after you brown it strain the fat out. It may look a little dry, but if you're adding in tomato-based sauce then it doesnt matter.

BTW, I use 98% Kangaroo mince - that is the bomb! :afro:
Sounds delicious! Wish I could get some of that here!

B

brendo

Awards
Im a bit of a noob, but is anyone out there concerned about the amount of sodium from the hamburger helper?

MAxximal

MAxximal

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I use regular long pasta, however your wheat pasta comes, but the type is up to your personal preference. The brown pasta I use only comes in the traditional long strands, so that's what I use. This is my favorite flavor:

Most of the calories come from their white pasta as you can see.

TOO MUCH SODIUM FOR ME!