Counting calories... HELP!!

vpdman

vpdman

Awards
Hey guys. I'm in the proccess of switching to a Recomp from a bulk due to the excess weight added from the bulk. My maintenance calorie intake should be around 2900, but I'm trying to keep the carbs low.

So my question is what are u guys eating? I find it near impossible to get to 2900 cals without including carbs. I mean I had three eggs and a slice of whole grain bread and that came out to 350 cals. I've got 2000+ more to eat. What should I make/buy. Any suggestions?? Help NEEDED!!!!

carpee

carpee

Awards
  • Established
Beef.
Natural Peanut Butter.
Olive Oil.
Avocado.
Turkey.
Fish.

lennoxchi

lennoxchi

Awards
  • Established
lunch meat, cheese sticks, cucumbers, nuts......go to fitday.com

vpdman

vpdman

Awards
Thanks guys. Im gonna use some more PB. I guess ill just have to eat WAY MORE! I hate cooking though. Maybe I should make like 10 chicken breasts and eat them as i go.

CP I love ur quote:
"I love USPlabs like a 14 year old girl loves myspace."

lennoxchi

lennoxchi

Awards
  • Established
Thanks guys. Im gonna use some more PB. I guess ill just have to eat WAY MORE! I hate cooking though. Maybe I should make like 10 chicken breasts and eat them as i go.

CP I love ur quote:
that's what i do on Sunday. chicken, pasta sauce, steaks......make it all on Sunday when i have time for during the week when i don't. of course you can always open a can of tuna and put it in a cup of cottage cheese.

vpdman

vpdman

Awards
a can of tuna and put it in a cup of cottage cheese.
How does that taste?

I usually just buy a huge can of Tuna and put in some Tupper ware for use through out the week

lennoxchi

lennoxchi

Awards
  • Established
that has to taste like vomit
knock it off.....:laugh2: here's the thing, i eat tuna and cottage cheese together at night......it all ends up in the same place (stomach) so what's the difference if i combine them in a bowl?

CrazyChemist

CrazyChemist

Awards
  • Established
knock it off.....:laugh2: here's the thing, i eat tuna and cottage cheese together at night......it all ends up in the same place (stomach) so what's the difference if i combine them in a bowl?
i actually just threw up in my mouth a little, haha. Geez bro, cottage cheese and tuna in the same bowl..... if you can handle it more power to you. I personally love cottage cheese and tuna but not together. I eat about 32 oz. a day of cottage cheese. The stuff is not high in cals but its damn good for you. Sample 3000 cal diet:

Meal 1 - 5 hard-boiled eggs and 6oz. ham
Meal 2 - 1/2 cup cottage cheese
Meal 3 - 8 oz. turkey deli meat, 1 slice wheat bread with 2 oz. cream cheese
Meal 4 - 1/2 cup cottage cheese
Meal 5 - two 8 oz. chicken cutlets
Meal 6 - Prebed shake

You can mix this up to address pre and post w.o. needs but this should give you an idea of how much you need to eat.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
fwiw i've been buying friendship cottage cheese which is 16g protein, 3g carb + 1.5g fat per serving which totally rocks

CrazyChemist

CrazyChemist

Awards
  • Established
also love turkey sausage. if you can fit in the fats, its low in carbs and good protein. 55 cal, 3g fat, 0 carbs, 7g protein.

lennoxchi

lennoxchi

Awards
  • Established
i actually just threw up in my mouth a little, haha. Geez bro, cottage cheese and tuna in the same bowl..... if you can handle it more power to you.
I used to drink cartons of liquid egg whites......at least i'm moving to solid food.:laugh2: besides whatever happened to eating for purpose not pleasure. yea there's a happy medium but if everything i ate tasted great, then i would be eating ice cream and pizza 24/7.......all right so i'm a sicko...what?

carpee

carpee

Awards
  • Established

CP I love ur quote:
thanks man.

Natural Peanut Butter is really useful. Good fats, and a ton of calories.
You can eat it plain, or add it to shakes, or put it on foods like carrots

lennoxchi

lennoxchi

Awards
  • Established
thanks man.

Natural Peanut Butter is really useful. Good fats, and a ton of calories.
You can eat it plain, or add it to shakes, or put it on foods like carrots
yes, yes and yes

youngandfree

Awards
  • Established
Hey guys. I'm in the proccess of switching to a Recomp from a bulk due to the excess weight added from the bulk. My maintenance calorie intake should be around 2900, but I'm trying to keep the carbs low.

So my question is what are u guys eating? I find it near impossible to get to 2900 cals without including carbs. I mean I had three eggs and a slice of whole grain bread and that came out to 350 cals. I've got 2000+ more to eat. What should I make/buy. Any suggestions?? Help NEEDED!!!!

How about eating 3 eggs and add 6 egg whites? Or buy cartons of liquid egg whites and add as much as you need. Put a little cheese in there too. It's not hard. What else are you eating?

vpdman

vpdman

Awards
Meal 1 - 5 hard-boiled eggs and 6oz. ham
Meal 2 - 1/2 cup cottage cheese
Meal 3 - 8 oz. turkey deli meat, 1 slice wheat bread with 2 oz. cream cheese
Meal 4 - 1/2 cup cottage cheese
Meal 5 - two 8 oz. chicken cutlets
Meal 6 - Prebed shake
THANK YOU! This helps a lot CrazyChem. Is that really add up to about 3000cals? It sure don't look like it.

What else are you eating?
Im basically eating 8oz chichen breasts, whole grain bread, shrimp, tuna, broccoli, eggs, and whole grain pasta. That pasta is amazing it has 12g of protein a serving.

FaeLLe

Awards
lunch meat, cheese sticks, cucumbers, nuts......go to fitday.com
Luncheon meat has way too much fat!!! A single tin (200g) can take you up to 30g of fat and 400 cals.

Then also is the question of what to eat with it....... you cant possibly eat it alone. Cauliflower rice is an option but not fun to make...

nparisi

nparisi

Awards
  • Established
Luncheon meat has way too much fat!!! A single tin (200g) can take you up to 30g of fat and 400 cals.

Then also is the question of what to eat with it....... you cant possibly eat it alone. Cauliflower rice is an option but not fun to make...
what the fuk kind of lunch meat are you eating guy? I'm pretty sure he's talking deli turkey lunch meat which has maybe 2g fat per serving depending on the brand.

FaeLLe

Awards
what the fuk kind of lunch meat are you eating guy? I'm pretty sure he's talking deli turkey lunch meat which has maybe 2g fat per serving depending on the brand.
Well I meant the canned luncheon meat kinds. Like SPAM. Pretty low in carbs but high on fats...

juice3320

juice3320

Banned
Awards
  • Established

bodybuilding.com + search "game over cut diet or lifestyle cut diet"= problem solved. Counting cals is not the way to go. Counting macro nutrients is the best way to approach nutrition and reach your goals

bigbeef

bigbeef

Awards
  • Established
not gonna knock the tuna and cottage cheese. I eat a tuna and apple preserve sandwhick post workout. Sounds terrible but is really good