Jalapenos?

SwoleT

Awards
Anybody got any good high protein low fat (clean bulk type) reciepes involving jalapenos? Thinking somewhere along the lines of chicken, chicken pasta, hamburger...Mabye some bbq to give it a sweet kick to go with the hot?

MGH1982

Awards
My personal favorite:
1/2 pound lean 93% ground beef
1 can of Black Beans
1 cup salsa (tomato, cilantro, jalapeno, onion, and garlic)
1 chopped green chile pepper
2 chopped Jalapeno's
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 teaspoons chili powder
3 tablespoons diced sweet onion
whole wheat low-fat tortillas
1 cup shredded non-fat Jalapeno Jack cheese (or Cheddar if your grocery store doesnt have this)

Rivethead

Rivethead

Awards
My personal favorite:
1 can of Black Beans
2 chopped Jalapeno's
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 teaspoons chili powder
1 cup shredded non-fat Jalapeno Jack cheese (or Cheddar if your grocery store doesnt have this)
damn man you just made me hungry

jakellpet

jakellpet

Banned
Awards
  • Established
My personal favorite:
1 can of Black Beans
2 chopped Jalapeno's
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 teaspoons chili powder
damn man you just made me hungry
x2! Awesome recipe! REPS.

SwoleT

Awards
Made a delcious burger stuffed with jalapenos and FF pepper jack cheese, Tenderizer in the meat, peppercorn, cheyenne pepper and made my own bbq with honey, sweet bbq, tabasco and montreal seasoning. Freaking best burger ive had

SheWolf

Awards
Jalapeno poppers Recipe
12 jalapeno peppers or more your choice
cream cheese (room Temp. nice and pliable)
lean ground pork (Jimmy Dean tube is fine)
Real bacon bits
shreaded cheese(four blend is nice)
Cut Jalapeno peppers in half and take all the seeds out and the vein also.Wash them in cold water.
Take the soft cream cheese and mix in the shreaded cheese (the amount of shreaded cheese is entirely up to you). After mixing place the mix into a ziplock bag(cut one of the corners off) some you can easily squeeze the mix into the hollowed out Jalapeno's(bakers trick).
Brown the ground pork and drain it and set it aside to cool
Place all your popper halfs on a not stick cookie sheet(non stick spray is fine)
Squeeze the mix into the popper halves, you might need to take a spoon and spead it evenly in the poppers.
use your fingers and sprinkle the ground pork on top of the poppers(be generous) then sprinkle more shreeded cheese ontop of the pork and then lastly sprinkle the real bacon bits ontop.
set oven to 350 degrees and cook for 15 to 20 minutes.
serves with salsa sour cream what ever you want.
These are to die for

BabyHulk

BabyHulk

Awards
  • Established
I wish I had a recipe, but I just put JP's on anything, and it becomes magically delicious!

MentalTwitch

MentalTwitch

Awards
  • Established
anything lean with Jalapenos is great. Check out the newer issue of muscle mag. They have a breakdown of the different peppers and the heat rating. Capscin(sp?) is GREAT for fat burning and mixed with a stim you have a SOLID stack.

Nice work.

BUCKNUTS

BUCKNUTS

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
White Chicken Chili

Ingredients
3 pounds bone-in, skin-on chicken breast halves , trimmed of excess fat and skin
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
3 medium jalapeño chiles
3 poblano chiles (medium), stemmed, seeded, and cut into large pieces
3 Anaheim chile peppers (medium), stemmed, seeded, and cut into large pieces
2 medium onions , cut into large pieces (2 cups)
6 medium cloves garlic , minced or pressed through garlic press (about 2 tablespoons)
1 tablespoon ground cumin
1 1/2 teaspoons ground coriander
2 (14.5-ounce) cans cannellini beans , drained and rinsed
3 cups low-sodium chicken broth
3 tablespoons fresh lime juice (from 2 to 3 limes)
1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro leaves
4 scallions , white and light green parts sliced thin
Instructions.

1. Season chicken liberally with salt and pepper. Heat oil in large Dutch oven over medium-high heat until just smoking. Add chicken, skin side down, and cook without moving until skin is golden brown, about 4 minutes. Using tongs, turn chicken and lightly brown on other side, about 2 minutes. Transfer chicken to plate; remove and discard skin

2. While chicken is browning, remove and discard ribs and seeds from 2 jalapeños; mince flesh. In food processor, process half of poblano chiles, Anaheim chiles, and onions until consistency of chunky salsa, ten to twelve 1-second pulses, scraping down sides of workbowl halfway through. Transfer mixture to medium bowl. Repeat with remaining poblano chiles, Anaheim chiles, and onions; combine with first batch (do not wash food processor blade or workbowl)

3. Pour off all but 1 tablespoon fat from Dutch oven (adding additional vegetable oil if necessary) and reduce heat to medium. Add minced jalapeños, chile-onion mixture, garlic, cumin, coriander, and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Cover and cook, stirring occasionally, until vegetables soften, about 10 minutes. Remove pot from heat.

4. Transfer 1 cup cooked vegetable mixture to now-empty food processor workbowl. Add 1 cup beans and 1 cup broth and process until smooth, about 20 seconds. Add vegetable-bean mixture, remaining 2 cups broth, and chicken breasts to Dutch oven and bring to boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer, covered, stirring occasionally, until chicken registers 160 degrees (175 degrees if using thighs) on instant-read thermometer, 15 to 20 minutes (40 minutes if using thighs)

5. Using tongs, transfer chicken to large plate. Stir in remaining beans and continue to simmer, uncovered, until beans are heated through and chili has thickened slightly, about 10 minutes.

6. Mince remaining jalapeño, reserving and mincing ribs and seeds (see note above), and set aside. When cool enough to handle, shred chicken into bite-sized pieces, discarding bones. Stir shredded chicken, lime juice, cilantro, scallions, and remaining minced jalapeño (with seeds if desired) into chili and return to simmer. Adjust seasonings with salt and pepper and serve

Per Serving: Serves 6

Cal 370; Fat 6 g; Sat fat 1 g; Chol 115 mg; Carb 25 g; Protein 52 g; Fiber 7 g; Sodium 710mg

Adjust the heat in this dish by adding the minced ribs and seeds from the jalapeño as directed in step 6. If Anaheim chiles cannot be found, add an additional poblano and jalapeño to the chili. Serve chili with sour cream, tortilla chips, and lime wedges.

Last edited:
BUCKNUTS

BUCKNUTS

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
The recipe I posted is a bit fussy, but boy is it worth it. The recipe is from Cook's Country's website, I've made it several times and it's damn good.

GetSwoll

GetSwoll

Banned
Awards
Meatball sub with Jalapenos is the bomb. Jalapenos and tuna, not bad as well.

landon

landon

Awards
hmm jalapenos and tuna? might have to try that one lol..

ejl

ejl

Awards
This is one of my favorite meals even before I ate low-carb:
Mix about 2Tbsp cream cheese with some diced jalapenos.
Pound out some skinless chicken breast and spread this one the inside.
Roll up and pin with toothpicks, dunk in egg, then bread crumbs ( I use the kind from a box the same I use for my pork chops.)
Bake on 350 for like 30 min.
If pounding the chicken is too hard for you bodybuilders you can just slice it but then its not as tender :p
This stuff is way good its like a jalepeno popper inside of a chicken breast.

Chub

Chub

Awards
  • Established
I hate the spicy butt the next day after eating Jalapenos :(

ticco

ticco

Awards
  • Established
going out to buy some after work because of this thread

Chub

Chub

Awards
  • Established
jumpshot903

jumpshot903

Awards
  • Established
You can put Jalapenos on basically everything i prefer however in pastas on sandwhiches etc but i dont have any specific recipes with me.

actionhero

actionhero

Awards
I boil and shred 3lbs of chicken breast. Then mix it in a bowl with chopped jalapenos, 1 package of cream cheese and 1 pack of taco seasoning. Sometimes I add chopped tomato & onions if I have them.

Taste great in wraps

freefallermj

Awards
Tuna and jalapenos get my vote. they make a great snack. split in half, fill with tuna, eat. i guess you could mix in some cheese and bake. something i'll have to try when i get home next year.

Clickster

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
My personal favorite:
1 can of Black Beans
2 chopped Jalapeno's
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 teaspoons chili powder
That is an incredible recipe. Thanks!

TheLastRonin

TheLastRonin

Awards
  • Established
Low fat cream cheese Jalapeño poppers are a guilty pleasure =)

thestudent333

Awards
In my area jumbo shrimp are cheap. What I do is take the shrimp season with lemon pepper, Tonys Cajun seasoning, and pepper.
Cut turkey bacon or reg bacon strips in half.
Add a spoonful of fatfree cream cheese in middle of bacon and place a slice of jalapeño. Add two shrimp and wrap inside bacon and grill. Great taste and good protein fat meal.

gnetics18

Awards
nice recipes! My fav is Chicken breast cut in half but not all the way thru so its like a hot dog bread shape...Grill it with a lil garlic/onion/pepper. Grill some turkey bacon, add a slice of low fat swiss/provolone/mozzarella cheese to middle/inside of chicken breast along with chopped jalapeno and chopped bacon..add some salad or veggies and bamm! good to go.