Low carb keto pancakes that taste good!

youngandfree

Awards
  • Established
I tried a low carb pancake recipe yesterday that was actually pretty good. Get some almond meal/almond flour. Take 1 cup almond flour, 2 eggs, 2T of oil, 1/4cup of water, 1/2tsp of salt, 1 tsp of sweetener, i used splenda. Mix and fry up in pan. 1/4 cup of almond flour is equal to 1 serving almonds. The pancakes aren't as heavy as oats and eggs. I am going to sub at least 1/4 cup almond flour with whey next time to try it out. I added some blueberries as well. Next time, mash the blueberries in the batter, since the cakes don't really fluff, the whole blueberries stick out of the batter and they look funny when you flip them. The recipe said you could use sparkiling water instead of regular to make them a bit fluffier. I tooper with some flavored butter spray and a small bit of polaner all fruit sugar free grape jelly.

Almond meal is better than flax meal IMO, it has a much less bitter nutty taste. It's about $10/pound where I live though, so going to search online.

msucurt

msucurt

Awards
  • Established
Im all over it. Sounds good. One of the reasons i stay away from pancakes is the carbs. Hopefully this will be good.

THANKS!

youngandfree

Awards
  • Established
You can get some stuff called carb-quik, low carb high fiber flour substitute as well. I just ordered some and will try it out as well. I was quite surprised how well the almond flour worked, not too nutty tasting.

crazyfool405

crazyfool405

Banned
Awards
  • Established
whats the macro break down?

how many pancakes does it make?

youngandfree

Awards
  • Established
whats the macro break down?

how many pancakes does it make?
It is the equivalent of 4 servings of almonds, 2 eggs, 2Tbsp of Oil. It makes 6 4" pancakes according to directions. It's like 1060 cals, 97g of Fat, 10g of carbs, after subtracting fiber, 38 protein. Just from memory, so it's pretty close. A bit much for 1 person, you could probably substitute 1 scoop of whey for 1/4cup of almond flour

crazyfool405

crazyfool405

Banned
Awards
  • Established
or 2 scoops of whey for a half cup almold flower cut fat in half

crazyfool405

crazyfool405

Banned
Awards
  • Established
and remove a tablespoon of oil!!! should be good to go!

youngandfree

Awards
  • Established
the oil helps it come together. Remember, these are keto pancakes, so fat isn't the enemy here.