LOW carb LOW fat protein bar??? Anyone have a good recipe?

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
?????????

Raptorbh12

Awards
Yea this is something i would pay big money for. Most low carb bars use maltitol which absorbs almost identically to table sugar making the bars alot worse for you than they are marketed to be.

Anyone know of some low carb protein bar recipes or any available for purchase?

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Good point -NO sugar alcohols - they giveme diarhea anyway. (sorry)\

Protein brownies would be just as valuable for me (as they are transportable). Again - low fat low carb -no sugar alcohols please.

Anyone?

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
Protein powder and a dab water? Maybe protein and psyllium (carbs, but all fiber,) mixed together?

What you're asking for, it just doesn't work. To add some bulk or something solid to your protein bar would require an amount of fats or carbs.

Invest in some beef and make some homemade jerky, otherwise I honestly don't see you finding that perfect bar that everyone wants, yet no company has made yet.

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yea this is something i would pay big money for. Most low carb bars use maltitol which absorbs almost identically to table sugar making the bars alot worse for you than they are marketed to be.

Anyone know of some low carb protein bar recipes or any available for purchase?
wow I never heard of maltitol. I almost bought a box of this low carb bar the other day. Would it say maltitol on the ingredient list if it had it? I will have to keep that in mind

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
just found info on the bar I was thinking about buying. It is called "Power Crunch French Vanilla Wafer Cookies"

Nutritional info is:

Supplement Facts
Serving Size 1 BAR
Servings Per Container 12

Amount PerServing % DailyValue

Calories 180 N/A*

Calories From Fat 80 N/A*

Total Fat 9 Gm 14%

Saturated Fat 2 Gm 10%

Sodium 75 Mg 3%

Total Carbohydrate 9 Gm 3%

Dietary Fiber 1 Gm 4%

Sugars 4 Gm N/A*

Protein 14 Gm N/A*

Calcium 0 12%

Iron 0 1%

* Daily value not established
Other Ingredients:
Proto whey protein blend (proto whey (micro peptides from extreme hydrolyzed whey protein fraction (55% di & tri peptides), maltodextrin, l-glutamine, softpsil (micronized psyllium fiber), MCTs (medium chain triglycerides), sucralose), milk protein isolate), partially hydrogenated soybean oil, enriched flour (wheat flour, niacin, reduced iron, thiamine mononitrate, riboflavin, folic acid), sugar, palm kernel oil, dextrose, nonfat milk powder, natural & artificial flavors, lecithin, sucralose, baking soda, salt, soy lecithin.

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
No Malitol you're good to go

Curious how LIGHTand TINY are those?? The profile is pretty good.

Problem is with bars like that, youneed to eat 5 off them to feel anything.

just found info on the bar I was thinking about buying. It is called "Power Crunch French Vanilla Wafer Cookies"

Nutritional info is:

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I bought one, definetely not a filler upper but still something sweet to eat and fits within the diet. I go to school and am stuck on campus for hours with no microwave so I look for things to being that are east. I had one with a shake as a snack between classes and it held me over but def can't eat by itself and expect to be sastified

Raptorbh12

Awards
the Beef/Ostrich jerky sticks look awesome and the idea of buying bulk egg whites also looks good. Bodybuilding.com is a great resource for these foods. Now if only they carried PB2.....

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
what's pb2?

Raptorbh12

Awards
Its powdered peanut butter that has only 52 calories per 2 tbs - 2g fat, 3g carbs, and 6g protein. It also tastes pretty awesome and they sell it in chocolate peanut butter too. Just add water and stir into paste. Its identical to regular peanut butter with 75% less calories. great for cutting.

Variocam

Variocam

Awards
Honestly the best thing you could maybe do is make jerky or cook up a bunch of tiny chicken pieces. Theres not much else that will be edible.

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

3 Lbs. Natural
Supplement Facts
Serving Size1Scoop(40g)
Servings Per Container34

Amount Per Serving

Calories 150
Calories From Fat 15
Total Fat 1.5g 2%
Saturated Fat 1g 5%
Trans Fat 0g
Cholesterol 60mg 20%
Sodium 60mg 3%
Total Carbohydrate 7g 2%
Dietary Fiber 0g 0%
Sugars 0g
Protein 28g

* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet

Ingredients
Natural Microfiltration/ultrafiltration Whey Protein (Beta-Lactoglobulin And Alpha-Laltalbumin) Isolate And Concentrate, (Protein Subfractions And Peptides, Glycomacropeptides, Lactoferrin, And Insulin-Like Growth), Corn Starch
FOR CERAL IN THE MORNING OR JUST GRAB A HANDFULL AND THROW IT IN A ZIP LOCK BAG... OR MIX SOME OF THE PB2 WITH WATER AND THE PROTEIN CRSIP AND ROLL INTO PROTEIN BALLS AS A BAR... LOOKS LIKE ATON OF POSSIBILITYS I MIGHT INVEST IN SOME AND TRY SME IDEAS OUT WITH IT

sorry for caps*

mooch2321

mooch2321

Awards
  • Established
No Malitol you're good to go

Curious how LIGHTand TINY are those?? The profile is pretty good.

Problem is with bars like that, youneed to eat 5 off them to feel anything.
power crunch bars should definately be considered a snack....but on the other hand they are delicious....

the Beef/Ostrich jerky sticks look awesome and the idea of buying bulk egg whites also looks good. Bodybuilding.com is a great resource for these foods. Now if only they carried PB2.....
ostrim is the sh!t....i eat a couple of these every day....kinda high in sodium...but you have to pick your battles....

MrBigPR

MrBigPR

NutraPlanet Rep
Awards
  • Established