Awards
  • Established
Bag of unsalted sunflower seeds

open bag, consume contents.

ThomasRivera

ThomasRivera

Awards
  • Established
Another good thing to go do is look for the generic brands of salad dressings. Generic brands tend to be higher fat lower carb.

Pathmark Creamy Ceaser dressing

Total calories per a serving 110
Serving size 2 tbsp
Servings per container 16
Total Fat 11 grams
Sat Fat 2 Grams
Trans fat 0 grams
Total carbs <1 gram
Protein less than 1 gram

When I bought it, it was just a few bucks, I think 2 dollars.

ThomasRivera

ThomasRivera

Awards
  • Established
You can buy whole chickens, cook a ten pound chicken in the oven. You can get italian sausage, cut open the casing mix it in with ground beef and make hamburgers. You can take mayo, blend it with chipotles in adobo sauce, garlic and some mustard for a nice sauce. You can take a whole pork loin and cook it up. You can fry chicken, fry porkchops. Get a big bag of pork rinds and eat them. Make home made jerky. Tuna salads.

MrBigPR

MrBigPR

NutraPlanet Rep
Awards
  • Established
Another good thing to go do is look for the generic brands of salad dressings. Generic brands tend to be higher fat lower carb.

Pathmark Creamy Ceaser dressing

Total calories per a serving 110
Serving size 2 tbsp
Servings per container 16
Total Fat 11 grams
Sat Fat 2 Grams
Trans fat 0 grams
Total carbs <1 gram
Protein less than 1 gram

When I bought it, it was just a few bucks, I think 2 dollars.
How much of that is sugar though....

ThomasRivera

ThomasRivera

Awards
  • Established
I do the exact same thing but add shredded cheddar cheese and mayonaise. I call it cheeseburger salad.
Sounds good. I personally like using montery jack. I try not to add too much in the way of fat because I generally buy 75 percent lean, so its got a lot in the way in fat.

ThomasRivera

ThomasRivera

Awards
  • Established
How much of that is sugar though....
It says 0 grams of sugar. But then again that might mean 0.5 grams of sugar. But even with 2 servings a day thats at most 2 grams of sugar for 22 grams of fat.

sonofsteven

Awards
  • Established
Don't know if this is available in your area but free-range turkeys bro . I 12 gauge one every couple months . Yes i hunt out of season , f**kit , it's free food .:food: I think white tail deer meat is really lean too .

ThomasRivera

ThomasRivera

Awards
  • Established
Don't know if this is available in your area but free-range turkeys bro . I 12 gauge one every couple months . Yes i hunt out of season , f**kit , it's free food .:food: I think white tail deer meat is really lean too .
You're a lucky man.

thenomad

thenomad

Awards
  • Established
great stuff, i wish i could go out and shoot some turkeys out of season! so shouldn't i also be concerned with the fat content of some of these foods as well? like the mayonaise and the dark meat on the chicken?

ThomasRivera

ThomasRivera

Awards
  • Established
great stuff, i wish i could go out and shoot some turkeys out of season! so shouldn't i also be concerned with the fat content of some of these foods as well? like the mayonaise and the dark meat on the chicken?
By low carb I assumed you meant for a CKD/AD style diet, if i'm wrong then you just cut out the fatty foods and fatty portions of the foods.

Future

Good stuff guys. I am 3 weeks from my next show so I REALLLLLY need some options. Just having carbs pwo.

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
You can buy whole chickens, cook a ten pound chicken in the oven. You can get italian sausage, cut open the casing mix it in with ground beef and make hamburgers. You can take mayo, blend it with chipotles in adobo sauce, garlic and some mustard for a nice sauce. You can take a whole pork loin and cook it up. You can fry chicken, fry porkchops. Get a big bag of pork rinds and eat them. Make home made jerky. Tuna salads.
wait... you can fry chicken without breading it? I love fried chicken and hate grilled chicken. Sometimes I bread and fry chicken and just peel off the breaded skin and eat the insides. Any keto friendly fried chicken recipes would be amazing if you got any...

AnabolicAmmo

Awards
wait... you can fry chicken without breading it? I love fried chicken and hate grilled chicken. Sometimes I bread and fry chicken and just peel off the breaded skin and eat the insides. Any keto friendly fried chicken recipes would be amazing if you got any...

It's how they do chicken wings, I like to take whole thighs and legs and cake them in a good dry rub and let them sit in the fridge so all the flavor imbues the chicken, then I just drop it in the fryer at 350 for about 20 minutes.

ThomasRivera

ThomasRivera

Awards
  • Established
Of course you can, you leave the skin on. Buffalo wings are made with just fried wings and drum sticks and hotsauce. I'm not too great with cooking chicken to be honest but you can either deep fry the segments, then toss with hotsauce.

BUCKNUTS

BUCKNUTS

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
If you are on AD type of keto diet You can take the pork rinds and grind them fine and use them as a coating for fried chicken or breaded pork chops.

Jordinator

Awards
  • Established
I'm thinking of trying a low carbohydrate alternative for fried chicken. The coating will consist of grated parmesano reggiano and crushed pistachio meat. Hit it with some egg wash and either fry or bake. This is a recipe I bought the ingredients for but haven't made yet so we'll see...

youngandfree

Awards
  • Established
I tried a low carb pancake recipe yesterday that was actually pretty good. Get some almond meal/almond flour. Take 1 cup almond flour, 2 eggs, 2T of oil, 1/4cup of water, 1/2tsp of salt, 1 tsp of sweetener, i used splenda. Mix and fry up in pan. 1/4 cup of almond flour is equal to 1 serving almonds. The pancakes aren't as heavy as oats and eggs. I am going to sub at least 1/4 cup almond flour with whey next time to try it out. I added some blueberries as well. Next time, mash the blueberries in the batter, since the cakes don't really fluff, the whole blueberries stick out of the batter and they look funny when you flip them. The recipe said you could use sparkiling water instead of regular to make them a bit fluffier. I tooper with some flavored butter spray and a small bit of polaner all fruit sugar free grape jelly.

Almond meal is better than flax meal IMO, it has a much less bitter nutty taste. It's about $10/pound where I live though, so going to search online.

msucurt

msucurt

Awards
  • Established
Costco turkey burgers.

12 burgers total (for each burger)
Fat - 6g
protein - 35g
carbs - 0g

For 12 burgers it costs around $10

12 x 35 = 420g protein / $10 = 0.42 per burger. Hell of a deal, and good.

Just cooked one on the foreman. A shot of heinz 57, and boom boom pow

tdr124

Awards
I bought a 8 pound roast for like 25 dollars the other day. compared to even the family pack of steaks it still a dollar cheaper by pound. it was like 3dollars a pound or so for roast, and anywhere from 4 to 4.75 dollars a pound for steaks. I cut it up into steaks and little cubes and slices. I grill like steaks make soups and stirfry just like I sirloin or something. and throw the rest in the freezer. it does taste like roastbeef instead of steaks but is still very good and is usually tender as long as i don't overcook it.

bmcjames

bmcjames

Awards
  • Established
High Carb Day
1/2 box of noodles
735 calories
5.25g fat
143.5g carbs
17.5g fiber
24.5g protein

1.5 can sauce
450 calories
5220 mg sodium
9g fat
90g carbs
27g fiber
27g protein

1.75lbs turkey
1120 calories
56g fat
154g protein

2305 calories total
70.25g fat
233.5g carbs
44.5g fiber
205.5g protein

Low Carb Day
2.5lbs turkey
1600 cals
80g fat
220g protein

1 can sauce
300 cals
6g fat
60g carbs
18g fiber
18g protein
3480 mg sodium

1900 Cals total
86g fat total
238g protein total
60g carbs total
18g fiber total

Here is my current high carb/low carb low budget diet
For noodles I use whole wheat, and the sauce is Hunts Spaghetti sauce
If you want to drop the carbs and sodium even more switch out the sauce to Salsa

-James

sanchezgreg18

sanchezgreg18

Awards
  • Established
try breading the chicken with almond meal its good fried up