So I made myself a double batch yesterday and figured I would share with you all. I like my stuff spicy, so I leave in all the seeds, and add in habaneros, but that is my taste, this should satisfy most with regards to heat.
Fresh Red Table Salsa
* 3 large very ripe tomatoes (~2#), cored and diced small
* 1/2 cup tomato juice
* 1 small jalapeno or other fresh chile, minced (remove seeds for mild salsa)
* 1 medium red onion, diced small
* 1 medium garlic clove, minced
* 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro, minced
* 2 medium limes, squeeze the juice
* salt to taste
Blend every thing together in blender or food processor. Put the salsa in the fridge for 8+ hours (the longer the better). Enjoy!
Things we have learned with this recipe:
* Be careful with the lime juice. Too much lime juice spoils the flavor.
* You may want to reduce the cilantro to just 1/4 cup. - Depending on your personal taste
* For optimum flavor, follow J.D.'s Rule of Garlic: "Always add five times the amount of garlic called for by the recipe." In this case, use five cloves of garlic instead of one clove. You'll thank me for it later.
Try this salsa. You'll be glad you did.