Best Salsa Ever (Fresh)

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
So I made myself a double batch yesterday and figured I would share with you all. I like my stuff spicy, so I leave in all the seeds, and add in habaneros, but that is my taste, this should satisfy most with regards to heat.

Fresh Red Table Salsa

* 3 large very ripe tomatoes (~2#), cored and diced small
* 1/2 cup tomato juice
* 1 small jalapeno or other fresh chile, minced (remove seeds for mild salsa)
* 1 medium red onion, diced small
* 1 medium garlic clove, minced
* 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro, minced
* 2 medium limes, squeeze the juice
* salt to taste

Blend every thing together in blender or food processor. Put the salsa in the fridge for 8+ hours (the longer the better). Enjoy!

Things we have learned with this recipe:

* Be careful with the lime juice. Too much lime juice spoils the flavor.
* You may want to reduce the cilantro to just 1/4 cup. - Depending on your personal taste
* For optimum flavor, follow J.D.'s Rule of Garlic: "Always add five times the amount of garlic called for by the recipe." In this case, use five cloves of garlic instead of one clove. You'll thank me for it later.

Try this salsa. You'll be glad you did.

killfat

killfat

Awards
If you boil for a minute all of those things before you dump into the processor, you'd end up w/a refined quality. Dicing cilantro and onion very finely and adding 'after' you blended it will give it a different flavor and rustic look. Jalapenos can be substituted for anything, dried peppers too, they make your salsa vibrant red and yummy.

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
If you boil for a minute all of those things before you dump into the processor, you'd end up w/a refined quality. Dicing cilantro and onion very finely and adding 'after' you blended it will give it a different flavor and rustic look. Jalapenos can be substituted for anything, dried peppers too, they make your salsa vibrant red and yummy.
I personally HATE any type of boiling of the ingredients. Letting the salsa sit in the fridge overnight will bring the flavors out as well. I actually tear the cilantro because the cutting with a knife brings out a smokey flavor that I do not care for. I enjoy the smoother texture instead of a chunky, hence the reason it goes in the processor. Jalapenos are just for most palettes, I enjoy habaneros and piquin (sp?) peppers. Not keen on anything dried. All about the fresh.

Adams

warnerve

Awards
  • Established
this sounds good. I will put salsa on any kind of meat too

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
this sounds good. I will put salsa on any kind of meat too
Ummm... thats what she said! :D

But seriously... I made the salsa, and forgot the capsacin from peppers takes some damn sand to wash off. Needless to say, I went to take a leak and was hurting for an hour! Oh lord... I dont think I have ever prayed so hard in my life!

BodyWizard

BodyWizard

Awards
  • Established
You don't keep a box of latex gloves in the kitchen for just this sort of thing?

They're great for dismembering chickens, carving up steaks (and of course, protecting your...parts).

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
You don't keep a box of latex gloves in the kitchen for just this sort of thing?

They're great for dismembering chickens, carving up steaks (and of course, protecting your...parts).
I am a hands on kinda guy... call me crazy... but I like the squish of a good ol chicken gizzard! :D

Adams

warnerve

Awards
  • Established
Ummm... thats what she said! :D

But seriously... I made the salsa, and forgot the capsacin from peppers takes some damn sand to wash off. Needless to say, I went to take a leak and was hurting for an hour! Oh lord... I dont think I have ever prayed so hard in my life!
LOL, i did this when I was making chilli a few months ago. You gotta put your junk in a cup of milk and creamer, I googled and that's the best way to get rid of it. Man oh man does that hurt

babywifey

babywifey

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
LOL, i did this when I was making chilli a few months ago. You gotta put your junk in a cup of milk and creamer, I googled and that's the best way to get rid of it. Man oh man does that hurt
Seriously?! HAHA!

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Actually the wife was picking up the milk (First thought). So instead I had to pretty much wrap it up in bread. American Pie eat your heart out! :D

Adams

mooch2321

mooch2321

Awards
  • Established
Holy moly....is this true...dip your peen in a cup of creamer?????hahahaha

Actually the wife was picking up the milk (First thought). So instead I had to pretty much wrap it up in bread. American Pie eat your heart out! :D

Adams
your first thought was wheres the creamer????

killfat

killfat

Awards
We have Piquin coming out of our ears here in these parts. In October when we get Hatch, it's a festival of spice lunacy. I never used gloves until I actually got capascian poisoning last year. True. It happened to me, the odds right? Like walking into a midget bar. But yes it happened. Everywhere the seeds touched me, it swelled red and felt like my skin was taught over a bunsen burner. Everyone including medical staff found it so amusing, found me so newbie and I'm not, I was just cutting up like hundreds of Hatch peppers that fall. Crazy S***!!!

msucurt

msucurt

Awards
  • Established
oh whatever. Stop with the nonsense Bobby Flay. I mean, cmon now. I was born at night, but it wasnt last night.

Nice recipe.

I actually tear the cilantro because the cutting with a knife brings out a smokey flavor that I do not care for.

Adams

Deadlift3

Deadlift3

Awards
So I made myself a double batch yesterday and figured I would share with you all. I like my stuff spicy, so I leave in all the seeds, and add in habaneros, but that is my taste, this should satisfy most with regards to heat.

Fresh Red Table Salsa

* 1/2 cup tomato juice
* salt to taste

Blend every thing together in blender or food processor. Put the salsa in the fridge for 8+ hours (the longer the better). Enjoy!

* You may want to reduce the cilantro to just 1/4 cup. - Depending on your personal taste
* For optimum flavor, follow J.D.'s Rule of Garlic: "Always add five times the amount of garlic called for by the recipe." In this case, use five cloves of garlic instead of one clove. You'll thank me for it later.

The easiest and tastiest is something like this:
1-Diced tomatoe
1-Finely chopped large onion.
1-Bundle of fresh Cilantro chopped finely
1/4 cup Vinager
a couple dashes of salt
two teaspons of lime juice concentrate
**If you like spicy foods then add i scotch bonnet pepper finely chopped.**

Just mixed up everything in a bowl and let it sit in the fridge a couple of minutes and voila!

julius kelp

julius kelp

Awards
  • Established
great on eggs! i'd throw in a few more handfuls of jalapenos! thery're thermogenic!

WarcraftJJS

WarcraftJJS

Awards
  • Established

Fresh Red Table Salsa

* 1/2 cup tomato juice
* salt to taste

Made last night tasted good. Put in the fridge waiting to get home to try.

WarcraftJJS

WarcraftJJS

Awards
  • Established
The day after is when the flavors really come out... let me know how!
It was great will have to cut the lime down to just a half a lime. I use a full lime and I think there was a little to much. But it was still great! Its all gone and I will be makeing more for the July 4th Weekend.

lbond2

lbond2

Awards
Where is the Cumin in this recipe???? Got to have Cumin.

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Where is the Cumin in this recipe???? Got to have Cumin.
I have tried cumin and it took away from the fresh taste. Without it tasted lighter so to say.

Adams

lbond2

lbond2

Awards
Yea I hear ya, I just think Cumin and Cilantro makes it taste like mexian food so to say...

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yea I hear ya, I just think Cumin and Cilantro makes it taste like mexian food so to say...
Most definitely... I love cilantro. My old recipe of tomatos, rotel, and cumin was great, but I like this for a summer salsa.