KASHI COOKIES

wophood

wophood

Awards
Everyone heard of "Kashi Go-Lean" cereal? If you haven't, look into it... about thirty carbs per serving, 1/3 of which is fiber, & made from whole grains. Check it out:

1. Put one serving of Kashi Go-Lean in a coffee grinder. Grind until it's like a powder.

2. Pour into bowl and add a splash of milk. Mix until it's a cookie dough-like texture. Add milk as necessary... don't over do it though.

3. Add berries, or topping of choice (chocolate covered raisins, etc.). I prefer goji berries...

4. Shape your dough, slap it on a sheet, and toss 'em in the toaster oven at 320-350 degrees until brown and BOOM. Kashi Cookies.

Throw me some rep people. Those of you on a strict diet will thank me later.

kingjmack

kingjmack

Awards
Sweet! I might have to try this sometime.

madds87

madds87

Awards
  • Established
Kashi rocks. Ill be trying this stuff deff, im sure this gives a good bit of fiber also. huh?

AllMaxBrian

Awards
Sounds great, good thing I have some in the cupboard.

burymestanding

burymestanding

Awards
not to be the ahole, but dont they make cookies? :/

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
not to be the ahole, but dont they make cookies? :/
Hahaha, yeah thats what I thought this thread was about before I clicked on it. Funny!.

Easy way is to,

1) Go to Store
2) Find box of Kashi Cookies
3) Purchase
4) Open Box
5) Open pre-wrapped cookie
6) Take Bite
7) Chew

wophood

wophood

Awards
Hahaha, yeah thats what I thought this thread was about before I clicked on it. Funny!.

Easy way is to,

1) Go to Store
2) Find box of Kashi Cookies
3) Purchase
4) Open Box
5) Open pre-wrapped cookie
6) Take Bite
7) Chew
They're not as healthy. Thus, the reason why you'd make them with the "go lean" cereal. If you're not super strict, then it doesn't really make a difference. But if your shaving carbs at every corner, this is a good way to do it.

LactoseLou

Thanks for the Recipe.

I had bought a box of Kashi cereal from trader joe but then I think the box was old or it was a bad batch cause I put a spoon in my mouth and the stuff was hard as rocks.

what could of happen? The expiration date was still good.

LactoseLou

The one I bought was the honey puffs which are normally softer.

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
The Go Lean Cereal contains nothing but soy protein.

Which means I am going to stay away lol.

wophood

wophood

Awards
Could you use oat flour instead of kashi?
I tend to think not. The kashi already has several additives in it necessary for its previous shape and texture. It's sort of like baking cookies with the cookie dough already made and in tube. Plus, kashi has some flavor to it... plain oat flour would taste pretty awful all on its own.

Rivethead

Rivethead

Awards
Kashi is great, but have you guys seen the Bear Naked stuff? Its freakin incredible. They have a oatmeal raisin granola that just rocks. Comes in 2lb bags.