D3vildog

D3vildog

Awards
  • Established
-Summer is near,
and i have given' up beer,
Have no fear,
summer is near...

and well dammit I need some new grill recipes.

Seafood, steak, chicken, Fish. Don't matter, just wanna see what some of you guys do any maybe I can try em' out!

Thanks!

Variocam

Variocam

Awards
Cooked up some chicken halves the other day. Olive oil, salt, pepper. Took about 45 minutes to an hour. Ended up nice. Not too exciting a recipe but I figure maybe you could get an idea.

Another thing is portobello mushrooms. The big kind. Salt, Pepper, and some kind of fat/oil on them to keep em moist. Cook them just like meat.

D3vildog

D3vildog

Awards
  • Established
Grilled portebellas are amazing, esp with Balsamic Vinigrette....

I will try that chicken tho, lol.

UKStrength

Seafood kebabs with a sweet chilli dip are my favourite.

Use skewered king prawns, interspersed with some softened sweet potato chunks, fresh tomato and serve with the dip and more green vegetables/salad.

Awesome for summer.

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
keep an I posted in my Zone meal of the week log (link in my sig) I'll be posting the king of zone friendly grill recipe. I will also post some in here for ya a little later, but for now I'll post what I have on the grill right now as we speak...

- 2 New York strip steaks with dry rub. Dry rub is pepper, a little salt, cayenne pepper, garlic powder, and a little brown sugar. Grill 1 saide for 1 min. Then flip and grill for 1 min. Flip again with a quarter turn grill half till done, and flip till finish. Med. rare about 10 min grill time.
- Lots of asparagus. Just grill to your liking.
- 2 Potatoes. Poke back side of potatoe a few time with fork, and make a cut leangth wise along top. Take foil, pour olive oil in middle, sprinkle some salt and italian seasoning. Then wrap potatoe with foil tightly. The oil will move around and keep the potatoe moist and seasoned. Grill time depends on heat, 20-45 min. Fork should pierce to center easily when done.
- Dessert, Cut a peach in half and pull pit out. Place peach halves face down on flat side. Grill foe a few minutes untill grilled, warm, and soft, but not till dried out. Remove from grill and drop a scoop of vanilla ice ream onto the peach where the pit was. Mmmmm

Ps I always use charcoal, the best IMO

Enjoy

D3vildog

D3vildog

Awards
  • Established
1. Good to see you again Copycat!

2. Charcoal Rules over propane (for 95% of grilling)

I'll hit up that rub, (and the peach!) is that your personal recipe? I have recently come across a mix of seasonings that is working great for me.

- Montreal Steak seasoning (Cheating i know, but its way too damn good)
- Cajun, not enough to be super spicy, but a light dusting seems to amplify the natural taste of the steak. Like salt on a watermelon. Mmmmm

Has anyone tried Old Bay seasoning on their chicken / seafood?

Delita420

Delita420

Awards
  • Established
Grillin' on some majik 'shrooms is a swell route.

Thomp

Awards
if you like hot food get some large Jalapeños cut them down the center ( so it looks like the old coin purse) stuff with what ever you want. i use shrimp/ craw fish, halibut, Mexican cheese, onions, cilantro you get the idea, wrap in bacon and grill for 30 minutes. i know the bacon part sucks but dam are they good!!!

D3vildog

D3vildog

Awards
  • Established
if you like hot food get some large Jalapeños cut them down the center ( so it looks like the old coin purse) stuff with what ever you want. i use shrimp/ craw fish, halibut, Mexican cheese, onions, cilantro you get the idea, wrap in bacon and grill for 30 minutes. i know the bacon part sucks but dam are they good!!!

Grill For thirty on propane grill or charcoal?

msucurt

msucurt

Awards
  • Established
damn, that sounds awesome. i think ill try green chilis (same ones that u make chili rellenos with). Stuff those bad boys with shrim, scallops, and mahi mahi along with spices, herbs. Bring on summer

D3vildog

D3vildog

Awards
  • Established
i use a natural gas, time shouldn't vary to much depending on the heat. basically just long enough to cook the bacon
Word, my Charcoal usually runs a bit hotter and im bouncing around the house when i cook getting **** done, i fear half hour would burn the bacon. Since you cant really turn the heat down on charcoal. just move the food.

kjkriston

kjkriston

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Butterfly a whole chicken (remove the spine with kitchen shears) flatten it out rub with olive oil sea salt fresh black pepper onion powder garlic powder on the skin and inside of it and sprinkle with rosemary. grill meat side up covered with indirect heat @ 350 degress for 1.5 hours.......spectacular. I set my left and right burners to Med Low - Med to get the temp and leave the middle burner off.

dg806

dg806

Enologist/Brewmaster/Damn good guy
Awards
  • Established
Give up beer? Say it ain't so! AH, my home made Pale Ale's are awesome when grilling!

Jessep76

Jessep76

Awards
  • Established
Turkey burger ground turkey meat and mash it into a large patty and put a large portobella mushroom on there too. Throw it all together. Buns optional. Add light bbq sauce.
SteakLondone broil or NY should be cheap in the summer. Put it in a zip lock with teriyaki sauce for 24 hrs. Stab that sh!t before hand so its not so chewy. Grill for 5-7 min on high each side. Get a little black for flavor but keep the pink inside.
Grill spaghetti: Throw a large chicken breast on the grill. Chop some red bells and throw it in some spaghet sauce with some fresh mushrooms and dice the chicken up when its done. Mix it all up and feast.
Packaged Pork Loin Should be marinated prior*** Throw that on for 5-7 min each side. Good eats. They should come in a package hence the title.
Veggies! You can wrap in aluminum, asparagus, green onions, chopped zucchini, Carrots***don't knock it that stuff is awesome grilled, Leeks, Brussels sprouts and throw it all on the grill. It’s tasty and healthy.

D3vildog

D3vildog

Awards
  • Established
Grill spaghetti: Throw a large chicken breast on the grill. Chop some red bells and throw it in some spaghet sauce with some fresh mushrooms and dice the chicken up when its done. Mix it all up and feast.
?? Don't quite get that one

Jessep76

Jessep76

Awards
  • Established
?? Don't quite get that one
Yeah its not really a bbq type of thing. I just hate cooking chicken any other way than the bbq. Just thought I'd throw it in there. I'm hooked on pasta so I have to figure out a way to keep it from being a ridiculous amount of carbs with no protein so if you make the sauce thick enough to hold up a fork, with all the chicken then you can pretend its not that bad for you haha.

Oh and the sauce doesn't go on the grill...maybe that was the confusion.

D3vildog

D3vildog

Awards
  • Established
Haha i just read it funny, i got it after the third time :p

Sound good i shall try it out! Along with that chicken one from Kj

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Here's my new update to my zone meal of the week log...

Zone Meal #10: Steak Florentine

Fire up the grill!!!! Summer is closing in and it's time get outside for a fabulous Bar-B-Que Zone style! Try this wonderful T-bone steak and grilled vegetables of yellow squash, zucchini, Japanese eggplant, mushrooms, green onions, asparagus and bell peppers. Drizzled with a tangy balsamic herb vinaigrette, this quick and easy outdoor bar-b-que delight won't leaving you wishing you had grilled burgers instead!

Follow link for recipe -> http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/giada-de-laurentiis/steak-florentine-recipe/index.html

Cooked vegetable block conversions:

Bell pepper = 1 and 1/4 cup per block
Yellow squash = 1 and 1/4 cup per block
Zucchini = 1 and 1/3 cup per block
Eggplant = 1 and 1/2 cup per block
Mushrooms = 1 and 1/2 cups per block
Asparagus = 12 spears per block
Green onion = 1/2 cup per block

2 Block Meal
2 oz. steak (protein), mix and match your own veg for 2 blocks of carbs (see above for cooked veg zone conversion), 2 teaspoons balsamic herb vinaigrette (fat)

3 Block Meal
3 oz. steak (protein), mix and match your own veg for 3 blocks of carbs (see above for cooked veg zone conversion), 3 teaspoons balsamic herb vinaigrette (fat)

4 Block Meal
4 oz. steak (protein), mix and match your own veg for 4 blocks of carbs (see above for cooked veg zone conversion), 1 tablespoon balsamic herb vinaigrette (fat)

5 Block Meal
5 oz. steak (protein), mix and match your own veg for 5 blocks of carbs (see above for cooked veg zone conversion), 1 1/4 tablespoon balsamic herb vinaigrette (fat)

Enjoy!

Jessep76

Jessep76

Awards
  • Established

This would be the sauce. I could have added more chicken probably.

Here's some shrimp. De-vein them and dip them in oil. Pick them off carefully and eat plain or with anything you can think of.

D3vildog

D3vildog

Awards
  • Established
Oh sweet lord CopyCat.. i'm freaking drooling.

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Forgot to put the veggie zone block conversions in there, so I just added them.

D3vildog

D3vildog

Awards
  • Established
Oh man, had the Bacon Wrapped Jalepenos w/ Minced shrimp stuffed inside...

So amazingly hot... but soo good.

Also made some Bloody Mary Steaks.

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Try this as a side dish to your main grill meal...

Bacon wrapped asparagus

Wrap bacon around 1 whole asparagus stock (kinda like the barber pole stripes go)
skewer
repeat
you can fit several on 2 skewers if you skewer the ends
throw onto the grill
flip as needed
be careful of the flare ups from the grease dripping
enjoy

kjkriston

kjkriston

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established

Wheres the recipe for the bloody mary steaks?

Thomp

Awards

glad you like it. they are good great!!

jp17815

jp17815

Awards
  • Established

This would be the sauce. I could have added more chicken probably.

Here's some shrimp. De-vein them and dip them in oil. Pick them off carefully and eat plain or with anything you can think of.
Alright.
Looks damn good.
Fly some out to PA man.

Nice.

JP

D3vildog

D3vildog

Awards
  • Established
Bloody Mary Steaks

I used:

v8
Worsch
Soy Sauce
Celery Salt
Garlic Salt
Onion powder
1 cup vodka (Svedka )
Franks Red hot

I season to taste cause i have been cookin this one for awhile and lost my original recipe. Lay the steaks in a pan and pour the marinade in till it covers the steaks. Let em sit for about an hour. (the vodka eats into the steaks pretty good so they don't need to sit as long.)

Grill and use very minimal amount of Montreal on the grill.

I cook em' rare.. and when i say rare... i mean its practically alive.

There are a lot of good recipes out there for them like foodnetwork.com but they all use horseradish, which i despise

dg806

dg806

Awards
  • Established
Here's my new update to my zone meal of the week log...

Zone Meal #10: Steak Florentine

Fire up the grill!!!! Summer is closing in and it's time get outside for a fabulous Bar-B-Que Zone style! Try this wonderful T-bone steak and grilled vegetables of yellow squash, zucchini, Japanese eggplant, mushrooms, green onions, asparagus and bell peppers. Drizzled with a tangy balsamic herb vinaigrette, this quick and easy outdoor bar-b-que delight won't leaving you wishing you had grilled burgers instead!

Follow link for recipe -> http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/giada-de-laurentiis/steak-florentine-recipe/index.html

Cooked vegetable block conversions:

Bell pepper = 1 and 1/4 cup per block
Yellow squash = 1 and 1/4 cup per block
Zucchini = 1 and 1/3 cup per block
Eggplant = 1 and 1/2 cup per block
Mushrooms = 1 and 1/2 cups per block
Asparagus = 12 spears per block
Green onion = 1/2 cup per block

2 Block Meal
2 oz. steak (protein), mix and match your own veg for 2 blocks of carbs (see above for cooked veg zone conversion), 2 teaspoons balsamic herb vinaigrette (fat)

3 Block Meal
3 oz. steak (protein), mix and match your own veg for 3 blocks of carbs (see above for cooked veg zone conversion), 3 teaspoons balsamic herb vinaigrette (fat)

4 Block Meal
4 oz. steak (protein), mix and match your own veg for 4 blocks of carbs (see above for cooked veg zone conversion), 1 tablespoon balsamic herb vinaigrette (fat)

5 Block Meal
5 oz. steak (protein), mix and match your own veg for 5 blocks of carbs (see above for cooked veg zone conversion), 1 1/4 tablespoon balsamic herb vinaigrette (fat)

Enjoy!
Medium rare for me.....that is too done.

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'm a medium rare kind of guy as well, but my wife isn't (that's her plate). I don't know what's wrong with her.

dg806

dg806

Awards
  • Established
I'm a medium rare kind of guy as well, but my wife isn't (that's her plate). I don't know what's wrong with her.
I know how you feel. My gf wants everything burned!

D3vildog

D3vildog

Awards
  • Established
I refuse to cook steak for my GF she wants it well and with ketchup.

I don't work for McDonalds and i didn't pay $30 for a steak so you could destroy it.

kjkriston

kjkriston

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Bloody Mary Steaks

I used:

v8
Worsch
Soy Sauce
Celery Salt
Garlic Salt
Onion powder
1 cup vodka (Svedka )
Franks Red hot

I season to taste cause i have been cookin this one for awhile and lost my original recipe. Lay the steaks in a pan and pour the marinade in till it covers the steaks. Let em sit for about an hour. (the vodka eats into the steaks pretty good so they don't need to sit as long.)

Grill and use very minimal amount of Montreal on the grill.

I cook em' rare.. and when i say rare... i mean its practically alive.

There are a lot of good recipes out there for them like foodnetwork.com but they all use horseradish, which i despise
Preference on the cut of meat?

D3vildog

D3vildog

Awards
  • Established
I use what i have, sometimes its Sirloin Tip (don't look at me like that...)

But this last time around i had some Filet :)

The best i have made was with a T-Bone, Barely Med Rare.

Sorry if the directions aren't complete i got used to the seasoning and i just shake to taste. but if you get more precise measurements please let me know! Also how you liked it...

My biggest thing is making a recipe your own. Twist it, add ****, remove ****. Post it! I love seeing changes and trying stuff out.

Last edited:
kjkriston

kjkriston

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I use what i have, sometimes its Sirloin Tip (don't look at me like that...)

But this last time around i had some Filet :)

The best i have made was with a T-Bone, Barely Med Rare.

Sorry if the directions aren't complete i got used to the seasoning and i just shake to taste. but if you get more precise measurements please let me know! Also how you liked it...

My biggest thing is making a recipe your own. Twist it, add ****, remove ****. Post it! I love seeing changes and trying stuff out.
Trust me I dont EVER follow recipes so the ingredients were plenty....was curious on the cut cuz a filet rare is too chewy for me.....but a sirloin I cant eat anything but rare. Ill make it this weekend and let you know how I did it and how it was.

D3vildog

D3vildog

Awards
  • Established
Oh yeah the Filet wasn't rare lmao, sorry bout that. It was cooked to what i believe is rare enough to eat with out looking like a cannibal :p