-Summer is near,
and i have given' up beer,
Have no fear,
summer is near...
and well dammit I need some new grill recipes.
Seafood, steak, chicken, Fish. Don't matter, just wanna see what some of you guys do any maybe I can try em' out!
Cooked up some chicken halves the other day. Olive oil, salt, pepper. Took about 45 minutes to an hour. Ended up nice. Not too exciting a recipe but I figure maybe you could get an idea.
Another thing is portobello mushrooms. The big kind. Salt, Pepper, and some kind of fat/oil on them to keep em moist. Cook them just like meat.
Grilled portebellas are amazing, esp with Balsamic Vinigrette....
I will try that chicken tho, lol.
Seafood kebabs with a sweet chilli dip are my favourite.
Use skewered king prawns, interspersed with some softened sweet potato chunks, fresh tomato and serve with the dip and more green vegetables/salad.
Awesome for summer.
keep an I posted in my Zone meal of the week log (link in my sig) I'll be posting the king of zone friendly grill recipe. I will also post some in here for ya a little later, but for now I'll post what I have on the grill right now as we speak...
- 2 New York strip steaks with dry rub. Dry rub is pepper, a little salt, cayenne pepper, garlic powder, and a little brown sugar. Grill 1 saide for 1 min. Then flip and grill for 1 min. Flip again with a quarter turn grill half till done, and flip till finish. Med. rare about 10 min grill time.
- Lots of asparagus. Just grill to your liking.
- 2 Potatoes. Poke back side of potatoe a few time with fork, and make a cut leangth wise along top. Take foil, pour olive oil in middle, sprinkle some salt and italian seasoning. Then wrap potatoe with foil tightly. The oil will move around and keep the potatoe moist and seasoned. Grill time depends on heat, 20-45 min. Fork should pierce to center easily when done.
- Dessert, Cut a peach in half and pull pit out. Place peach halves face down on flat side. Grill foe a few minutes untill grilled, warm, and soft, but not till dried out. Remove from grill and drop a scoop of vanilla ice ream onto the peach where the pit was. Mmmmm
Ps I always use charcoal, the best IMO
ADVANCED MUSCLE SCIENCE
Strongest On The Market
RECOVERBRO: Est. Post #3222
1. Good to see you again Copycat!
2. Charcoal Rules over propane (for 95% of grilling)
I'll hit up that rub, (and the peach!) is that your personal recipe? I have recently come across a mix of seasonings that is working great for me.
- Montreal Steak seasoning (Cheating i know, but its way too damn good)
- Cajun, not enough to be super spicy, but a light dusting seems to amplify the natural taste of the steak. Like salt on a watermelon. Mmmmm
Has anyone tried Old Bay seasoning on their chicken / seafood?
Grillin' on some majik 'shrooms is a swell route.
if you like hot food get some large Jalapeños cut them down the center ( so it looks like the old coin purse) stuff with what ever you want. i use shrimp/ craw fish, halibut, Mexican cheese, onions, cilantro you get the idea, wrap in bacon and grill for 30 minutes. i know the bacon part sucks but dam are they good!!!
Butterfly a whole chicken (remove the spine with kitchen shears) flatten it out rub with olive oil sea salt fresh black pepper onion powder garlic powder on the skin and inside of it and sprinkle with rosemary. grill meat side up covered with indirect heat @ 350 degress for 1.5 hours.......spectacular. I set my left and right burners to Med Low - Med to get the temp and leave the middle burner off.
I like that chicken rub
Give up beer? Say it ain't so! AH, my home made Pale Ale's are awesome when grilling!
Turkey burger ground turkey meat and mash it into a large patty and put a large portobella mushroom on there too. Throw it all together. Buns optional. Add light bbq sauce.
SteakLondone broil or NY should be cheap in the summer. Put it in a zip lock with teriyaki sauce for 24 hrs. Stab that sh!t before hand so its not so chewy. Grill for 5-7 min on high each side. Get a little black for flavor but keep the pink inside.
Grill spaghetti: Throw a large chicken breast on the grill. Chop some red bells and throw it in some spaghet sauce with some fresh mushrooms and dice the chicken up when its done. Mix it all up and feast.
Packaged Pork Loin Should be marinated prior*** Throw that on for 5-7 min each side. Good eats. They should come in a package hence the title.
Veggies! You can wrap in aluminum, asparagus, green onions, chopped zucchini, Carrots***don't knock it that stuff is awesome grilled, Leeks, Brussels sprouts and throw it all on the grill. It’s tasty and healthy.
Oh and the sauce doesn't go on the grill...maybe that was the confusion.
Haha i just read it funny, i got it after the third time
Sound good i shall try it out! Along with that chicken one from Kj