Protein shakes questions?

jumpshot903

jumpshot903

Awards
  • Established
Alright i have a few questions about some shakes not sure if right spot cause it has most to do with flavor but some with the actual protein.

i bought a 5lb tub of whey at gnc a while back strawberry flavor and i must say eww i nearly threw up drinking it with water, so are there any juices i can mix easily with strawberry protein to mask the taste? Im looking more for juices or very easy to make shakes that are cheap and easy to make.

I got 2 3lb tubs of this protein with i guess amino acids in it vanilla and choclate still taste bad but a little less i guess it has 7725mg of leucine per serving and a bunch of other stuff i could list if needed but does this really do any good taking throughout day with all aminos or just around workout?

Also whats good things to add to choclate or vanilla to make it taste better thanks.

jumpshot903

jumpshot903

Awards
  • Established
i actually have tried ice cream its rather good but im looking for something like a juice ive heard something like mango passion but not sure. But ice cream is deffinately an option what do you usually mix with water, or juice?

NO NAME

Awards
first off im new here but im a very heavy researcher. never buy strawberry again lol everyone i know that has ever tried it about threw up. id stick with chocolate or vanilla but mainly chocolate its the best tasting of anything ive ever tried. heres a few things ive tried or my friends have tired

HOT WATER: if you use hot water with the chocolate that is it disolves the protien better and taste more like hot chocolate

ICE CREAM: as you said before

FREEZER: my boss does this and likes it he sets it in the freezer for a hour or so and drinks it like a milk shake

MILK: milk will thicken it up and also add a few more grams of protein

hope this helps

NO NAME

Awards
o also forgot to mention fruit try mixing fruit with it if you think you would like it

most people i see use a banana

elementrip

elementrip

Awards
  • Established
Vanilla is a good base. mixes well with berries and juices as you stated. also you're on the right track wanting to mix with juice but fruit works equally well in the respect that as well as masking the inevitable boredom of flavor, you also acquire a spike in your glycogen level due to the increased sugars. this in turn will raise insulin levels which will feed your muscles the carbs and protein in a very direct and effective way.

Jessep76

Jessep76

Awards
  • Established
Orange juice is the easiest thing. Tastes slightly like a smoothie. Also I use minute made lemonaide. Its a little over a dollar for the large bottles next to the soda and you can get sugar free.
This goes for strawberry and vanilla. I've used both.
Chocolate use a spoon full of peanut butter.

OJ you get vitamins/Peanut butter you get a little more protein. Ice cream you get fat.

Pleonastic

Pleonastic

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
OJ you get vitamins/Peanut butter you get a little more protein. Ice cream you get fat.

Peanut butter is higher in fat than ice cream. Its the better kind of fat but still if your trying to avoid fats dont mix it in the shake. Especially post-workout when you want quick absorption which fat slows down.

Now if your doing an anytime shake and dont care about how much fat is in it especially not trying to avboid the good kind, I agree peanut butter before ice cream.

Jessep76

Jessep76

Awards
  • Established
Peanut butter
Calories 200
Fat calories 140
Total Fat 16g Saturated Fat 3g
Cholest 0mg
Carbs 6g
Sugar 3g
protein 7g

Ben and Jerry's Vanilla
Calories from Fat 117.
Total Fat 13.0g Saturated Fat 9.0g
Cholesterol 65mg
Total Carbs 18g
Sugar 16gm
Protein 3g

I think I'd get fat plenty quicker with ice cream or at least cancer.

Pleonastic

Pleonastic

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Peanut butter
Calories 200
Fat calories 140
Total Fat 16g Saturated Fat 3g
Cholest 0mg
Carbs 6g
Sugar 3g
protein 7g

Ben and Jerry's Vanilla
Calories from Fat 117.
Total Fat 13.0g Saturated Fat 9.0g
Cholesterol 65mg
Total Carbs 18g
Sugar 16gm
Protein 3g

I think I'd get fat plenty quicker with ice cream or at least cancer.
Yea true, I was just saying peanut butter is high in fat is all. But yea it was kinda dumb cause I almost made it sound like ice cream is healthier. I want to try that Power Butter, have you had it?

Jessep76

Jessep76

Awards
  • Established
Yea true, I was just saying peanut butter is high in fat is all. But yea it was kinda dumb cause I almost made it sound like ice cream is healthier. I want to try that Power Butter, have you had it?
I haven't heard of that, what is it?
I also did go with probably the worst[best] ice cream too. After checking out dreyers, they've got a whole lot less fat and cholesteral on their nutrition facts. Sorbets could really work too since a lot of those have little to no fat and some even have vitamins. I had to use peanut butter once when i got some crappy no flavor protein and a little went a long way.

Pleonastic

Pleonastic

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

Power Butter 16oz Product Label
Supplement Facts:

Container Size: 16 Oz.
Serving Size: 4 tbsp (64g)
Servings Per Container: 7

Container Size: 5 Lbs.
Serving Size: 4 tbsp (64g)
Servings Per Container: 35

Amount Per Serving:

Calories 364
Calories from Fat 180
Total Fat 20g 35%
Saturated Fat 4g 17%
Omega-3 7.5g 14%
Omega-6 2g 2%
Cholesterol 0%
Sodium 260mg 12%
Total Carbs 14g 5%
Dietary Fiber 6g 29%
Sugars 6g
Protein 32g

Iron 4%
Folic Acid 150%
Riboflavin 2%
Niacin 20%
Vitamn E 10%

Ingredients:
Roasted peanuts, egg whites, wheat germ, flaxseed, flax oil, honey, salt.

Sadly not carried at NutraPlanet, atleast I could not find it. 32g of protein and tons of calories, sounds like it would do wonders for bulking. Ill be some and do a lil review.

Rah22491

Awards
powerbutter is awesum tastes great and is high in protein. i go thru 4 pound tubs of that like nothin. No offense or anything but ur not going to grow eating ice cream. I dont care if you put protein in it or not. Just suck it up and drink the stuff with milk or water and forget about the taste. If you want to get big ur gonna have to sacrifice sum taste