Cottage Cheese?

Page 1 of 3 123 Last
  1. Cottage Cheese?


    So I have been reading all the great recipes that have fat free CC in them. So I told the wife to get me some so I could use as a snack at night. But I can't even get more then 3 tea spoons down before I stop. I have tried plain, cinniomon, splenda. I just can't get away from the taste. Is there some thing I can do to CC to make it taste better? Because I know it good for me.
    Arnold Classic: 2009 - 2014
    Comments by this person are their own personal opinion and should be taken as that. Unless quoted from a different source.


  2. Add peanut butter and/or Pudding.

    I mixed CC with PB, Pudding, and crushed nuts or cereal.

  3. Add some whey, fruit, chocolate or other sugar-free syrups, and the aforementioned peanut butter.
    •   
       


  4. i had the same problem as you, if you really want a treat, add some dried cereal like Kashi or something and then add some honey, it tastes like dessert.

  5. This site has gotten strange lately, muscle heads calling each other honey..

  6. Quote Originally Posted by Socrates44 View Post
    This site has gotten strange lately, muscle heads calling each other honey..
    I see how you read it; but the initial "honey" is referring to the ACTUAL product, not a term of endearment. (or you may have caught that and were being sarcastic, in which case use a smiley )

  7. OHHHHH, ok, I re-read it. Wow, I thought I had a stroke when I initial read two dudes referring to each other as honey.

  8. Here's a great resource with a lot of cottage cheese recipes:

    http://www.stumptuous.com/the-cottage-cheese-page

  9. Mix it with Jello powder and light whipped cream. Tastes goes completly away guarantee

  10. Quote Originally Posted by beastmode99 View Post
    honey, i had the same problem as you, if you really want a treat, add some dried cereal like Kashi or something and then add some honey, it tastes like dessert.
    haha not what I meant, Im going to go edit it- I meant add honey

  11. Salsa,low fat sour cream topped with green onions and a bit of low fat marble cheddar. Eat with multigrain chips or brown rice crackers.

  12. Thanks for the help. I want to use CC as a small night snack, so thanks ahead of time.
    Arnold Classic: 2009 - 2014
    Comments by this person are their own personal opinion and should be taken as that. Unless quoted from a different source.

  13. Quote Originally Posted by beastmode99 View Post
    haha not what I meant, Im going to go edit it- I meant add honey
    HaHa I had to read it a second time but i know what you meant.
    Arnold Classic: 2009 - 2014
    Comments by this person are their own personal opinion and should be taken as that. Unless quoted from a different source.

  14. I guess I'm weird, I can eat an entire container of cottage cheese no problem, Don't mind the taste at all.

  15. Again Thanks everyone I tried some of the sugs. and it was great.
    Arnold Classic: 2009 - 2014
    Comments by this person are their own personal opinion and should be taken as that. Unless quoted from a different source.

  16. 1 Cup cottage cheese, 1 can of tuna. Give it a shot.
    It may sound nasty, but I like it...and made the wife try it, and she also liked it.

  17. Will give it try.
    Arnold Classic: 2009 - 2014
    Comments by this person are their own personal opinion and should be taken as that. Unless quoted from a different source.

  18. This may sound bizarre, but sugar-free maple syrup also works well. And sugar-free Jello mixes are clutch.

  19. Quote Originally Posted by Omega Man View Post
    I guess I'm weird, I can eat an entire container of cottage cheese no problem, Don't mind the taste at all.
    true.. at first i couldn't stand the texture of it, but once i got used to it i began to like it more and more

  20. Quote Originally Posted by Omega Man View Post
    I guess I'm weird, I can eat an entire container of cottage cheese no problem, Don't mind the taste at all.
    I can too, I love cottage cheese.

    Quote Originally Posted by bubbachew View Post
    1 Cup cottage cheese, 1 can of tuna. Give it a shot.
    It may sound nasty, but I like it...and made the wife try it, and she also liked it.
    Now that sounds absolutely disgusting.

  21. Quote Originally Posted by DarkDragon View Post



    Now that sounds absolutely disgusting.
    haha...I knew somebody would say that...don't knock it until you try it...I don't think it's all that bad.

  22. I will give it a shot tomorrow when I get off of shift. I don't think that vomiting all around the firehouse would be a good idea. Albeit hilarious for the other guys.

  23. Bubba I just tried your method and all I can say is problem solved for me. Thanks for posting this. It takes the dryness out of the tuna which i'd eat plain, and it kills the texture and taste of the CC. Perfect!!

  24. i love cc

  25. Quote Originally Posted by CrushTheEnemy View Post
    Bubba I just tried your method and all I can say is problem solved for me. Thanks for posting this. It takes the dryness out of the tuna which i'd eat plain, and it kills the texture and taste of the CC. Perfect!!
    Good to hear! See, it just sounds nasty, but it's pretty darn good if you ask me.

  26. when bulking i would put 1Tbsp of honey in 1.5 cup of cottage cheese and a handful of raisins and a half cup of raw oats (sometimes added fruit if it was too dry)
    did that 2 times.. sometimes 3 to get some cals in and the slower releasing protein that would hold me over during long class periods
    CURRENT 2014 Log http://anabolicminds.com/forum/old-school-hormone/252748-cherry-poppin-test.html

  27. Quote Originally Posted by TheLastRonin View Post
    Salsa,low fat sour cream topped with green onions and a bit of low fat marble cheddar. Eat with multigrain chips or brown rice crackers.
    THIS^^ haven't tried it with sour cream, green onions and cheese but mixed with salsa and eatin with chips is damn good!

  28. I'm still trying different ways to eat CC but I'm starting you eat as a snack before bed.
    Arnold Classic: 2009 - 2014
    Comments by this person are their own personal opinion and should be taken as that. Unless quoted from a different source.

  29. It's personal preference, but I find that less salty CC suits me better. Some I've tried are very salty. PB is good. I also will add some yogurt, which is pretty good. Various fruits/nuts. Tried salsa, but didn't really do it for me. Scoop of whey. Oats.
    Be creative!

  30. You could always try some greek yogurt, as long as you get a plain flavor that doesn't have a lot of added sugar.

  31. cottage cheese is GREATTTTT if you add Blueberrys OR blueberry yogurt!!

    I used to have the same issue, than i threw in blueberrys and put it down no problem!
  32. UKStrength
    UKStrength's Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by SWOLL View Post
    cottage cheese is GREATTTTT if you add Blueberrys OR blueberry yogurt!!

    I used to have the same issue, than i threw in blueberrys and put it down no problem!
    Yeah yoghurt in general makes CC taste awesome

    I personally love tinned pineapple with my CC, nice bit of Bromelain in there too for digestion!

  33. I can eat cc plain but really dont like it, what i did was..
    2 servings of cc (1 cup)
    a little sugar over it. stir, taste, and adjust the amount from there
    add a little honey and stir it all up, its delicious

  34. Just about every nite....this is what i have. Taste identical to PB ice cream

    1C FF cottage cheese
    1container of choc or caramel JELLO SF/FF pudding (not powder, but the actual pudding)
    2T of Natty PB or almond butter
    splash of milk and few almonds for texture

    take immersion blender and blend really smooth. Put in freezer for an hour or so. OH MAN. SO good right before bed.

  35. Quote Originally Posted by msucurt View Post
    Just about every nite....this is what i have. Taste identical to PB ice cream

    1C FF cottage cheese
    1container of choc or caramel JELLO SF/FF pudding (not powder, but the actual pudding)
    2T of Natty PB or almond butter
    splash of milk and few almonds for texture

    take immersion blender and blend really smooth. Put in freezer for an hour or so. OH MAN. SO good right before bed.
    That sounds so good!
    Arnold Classic: 2009 - 2014
    Comments by this person are their own personal opinion and should be taken as that. Unless quoted from a different source.

  36. Lactaide 1% CC 1.5 cup
    Hemp Seeds 2 tbsp
    Flax Oil 1 tblsp
    Sugar Free Jello
    1 pkt Splenda
    Mix together and enjoy!

  37. i mix a cup of CC with 2 tablespoons of natty PB and add a little bit a water so the PB spreads easier ... then add some cinnamon and splenda and heat up for a minute .. glorious

  38. What is the Natty PB is it better to mix it with something?
    Arnold Classic: 2009 - 2014
    Comments by this person are their own personal opinion and should be taken as that. Unless quoted from a different source.

  39. Quote Originally Posted by WarcraftJJS View Post
    So I have been reading all the great recipes that have fat free CC in them. So I told the wife to get me some so I could use as a snack at night. But I can't even get more then 3 tea spoons down before I stop. I have tried plain, cinniomon, splenda. I just can't get away from the taste. Is there some thing I can do to CC to make it taste better? Because I know it good for me.
    cottage cheese and pineapple cant beat it

  40. Ill be trying some CC when i get home. Had an ex gf years ago that traumatized me with CC so ive never had the urge to try it.

    Yea, dont wanna make out when ur eating CC, def not.
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. cottage cheese
    By jtterrible in forum Recipes
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 05-03-2011, 06:32 AM
  2. cottage cheese
    By ryaroberts in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 44
    Last Post: 06-19-2009, 03:31 PM
  3. Yet Another Way to Eat Cottage Cheese
    By littlejeni in forum Recipes
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 02-15-2009, 02:22 PM
  4. Cottage Cheese?????
    By dirtysouthmuscl in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 06-13-2006, 09:01 AM
  5. Cottage Cheese ( FAT )
    By Stinger124 in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 04-28-2006, 07:53 AM
Log in
Log in