Cottage Cheese?

WarcraftJJS

WarcraftJJS

Awards
  • Established
So I have been reading all the great recipes that have fat free CC in them. So I told the wife to get me some so I could use as a snack at night. But I can't even get more then 3 tea spoons down before I stop. I have tried plain, cinniomon, splenda. I just can't get away from the taste. Is there some thing I can do to CC to make it taste better? Because I know it good for me.

lonewolf0420

lonewolf0420

Awards
  • Established
Add peanut butter and/or Pudding.

I mixed CC with PB, Pudding, and crushed nuts or cereal.

AllMaxBrian

Awards
Add some whey, fruit, chocolate or other sugar-free syrups, and the aforementioned peanut butter.

beastmode99

Awards
i had the same problem as you, if you really want a treat, add some dried cereal like Kashi or something and then add some honey, it tastes like dessert.

Socrates44

Socrates44

Awards
  • Established
This site has gotten strange lately, muscle heads calling each other honey..

Socrates44

Socrates44

Awards
  • Established
OHHHHH, ok, I re-read it. Wow, I thought I had a stroke when I initial read two dudes referring to each other as honey.

mthill2

Awards
Mix it with Jello powder and light whipped cream. Tastes goes completly away guarantee

beastmode99

Awards
honey, i had the same problem as you, if you really want a treat, add some dried cereal like Kashi or something and then add some honey, it tastes like dessert.
haha not what I meant, Im going to go edit it- I meant add honey

TheLastRonin

TheLastRonin

Awards
  • Established
Salsa,low fat sour cream topped with green onions and a bit of low fat marble cheddar. Eat with multigrain chips or brown rice crackers.:sasmokin:

WarcraftJJS

WarcraftJJS

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for the help. I want to use CC as a small night snack, so thanks ahead of time.

WarcraftJJS

WarcraftJJS

Awards
  • Established

Omega Man

Awards
I guess I'm weird, I can eat an entire container of cottage cheese no problem, Don't mind the taste at all.

WarcraftJJS

WarcraftJJS

Awards
  • Established
Again Thanks everyone I tried some of the sugs. and it was great.

bubbachew

Awards
  • Established
1 Cup cottage cheese, 1 can of tuna. Give it a shot.
It may sound nasty, but I like it...and made the wife try it, and she also liked it.

WarcraftJJS

WarcraftJJS

Awards
  • Established
Will give it try.

AllMaxBrian

Awards
This may sound bizarre, but sugar-free maple syrup also works well. And sugar-free Jello mixes are clutch.

bigthick44

Awards
I guess I'm weird, I can eat an entire container of cottage cheese no problem, Don't mind the taste at all.
true.. at first i couldn't stand the texture of it, but once i got used to it i began to like it more and more

DarkDragon

Awards
I can too, I love cottage cheese.

It may sound nasty, but I like it...and made the wife try it, and she also liked it.
Now that sounds absolutely disgusting.

DarkDragon

Awards
I will give it a shot tomorrow when I get off of shift. I don't think that vomiting all around the firehouse would be a good idea. Albeit hilarious for the other guys.

CrushTheEnemy

CrushTheEnemy

Awards
Bubba I just tried your method and all I can say is problem solved for me. Thanks for posting this. It takes the dryness out of the tuna which i'd eat plain, and it kills the texture and taste of the CC. Perfect!!

bubbachew

Awards
  • Established
Bubba I just tried your method and all I can say is problem solved for me. Thanks for posting this. It takes the dryness out of the tuna which i'd eat plain, and it kills the texture and taste of the CC. Perfect!!
Good to hear! See, it just sounds nasty, but it's pretty darn good if you ask me.

smshannon001

smshannon001

Awards
  • Established
when bulking i would put 1Tbsp of honey in 1.5 cup of cottage cheese and a handful of raisins and a half cup of raw oats (sometimes added fruit if it was too dry)
did that 2 times.. sometimes 3 to get some cals in and the slower releasing protein that would hold me over during long class periods

Quinc

Quinc

Awards
  • Established
Salsa,low fat sour cream topped with green onions and a bit of low fat marble cheddar. Eat with multigrain chips or brown rice crackers.:sasmokin:
THIS^^ haven't tried it with sour cream, green onions and cheese but mixed with salsa and eatin with chips is damn good!

WarcraftJJS

WarcraftJJS

Awards
  • Established
I'm still trying different ways to eat CC but I'm starting you eat as a snack before bed.

Jaidmaster

Jaidmaster

Awards
It's personal preference, but I find that less salty CC suits me better. Some I've tried are very salty. PB is good. I also will add some yogurt, which is pretty good. Various fruits/nuts. Tried salsa, but didn't really do it for me. Scoop of whey. Oats.
Be creative!

AllMaxBrian

Awards
You could always try some greek yogurt, as long as you get a plain flavor that doesn't have a lot of added sugar.

SWOLL

Awards
cottage cheese is GREATTTTT if you add Blueberrys OR blueberry yogurt!!

I used to have the same issue, than i threw in blueberrys and put it down no problem!

UKStrength

cottage cheese is GREATTTTT if you add Blueberrys OR blueberry yogurt!!

I used to have the same issue, than i threw in blueberrys and put it down no problem!
Yeah yoghurt in general makes CC taste awesome ;)

I personally love tinned pineapple with my CC, nice bit of Bromelain in there too for digestion!

Trapstar

Trapstar

Awards
I can eat cc plain but really dont like it, what i did was..
2 servings of cc (1 cup)
a little sugar over it. stir, taste, and adjust the amount from there
add a little honey and stir it all up, its delicious :)

msucurt

msucurt

Awards
  • Established
Just about every nite....this is what i have. Taste identical to PB ice cream

1C FF cottage cheese
1container of choc or caramel JELLO SF/FF pudding (not powder, but the actual pudding)
2T of Natty PB or almond butter
splash of milk and few almonds for texture

take immersion blender and blend really smooth. Put in freezer for an hour or so. OH MAN. SO good right before bed.

WarcraftJJS

WarcraftJJS

Awards
  • Established
Just about every nite....this is what i have. Taste identical to PB ice cream

1C FF cottage cheese
1container of choc or caramel JELLO SF/FF pudding (not powder, but the actual pudding)
2T of Natty PB or almond butter
splash of milk and few almonds for texture

take immersion blender and blend really smooth. Put in freezer for an hour or so. OH MAN. SO good right before bed.
That sounds so good!

seriousskillz

seriousskillz

Awards
Lactaide 1% CC 1.5 cup
Hemp Seeds 2 tbsp
Flax Oil 1 tblsp
Sugar Free Jello
1 pkt Splenda
Mix together and enjoy!

muscle4747

Awards
i mix a cup of CC with 2 tablespoons of natty PB and add a little bit a water so the PB spreads easier ... then add some cinnamon and splenda and heat up for a minute .. glorious

WarcraftJJS

WarcraftJJS

Awards
  • Established
What is the Natty PB is it better to mix it with something?

james c

james c

Awards
So I have been reading all the great recipes that have fat free CC in them. So I told the wife to get me some so I could use as a snack at night. But I can't even get more then 3 tea spoons down before I stop. I have tried plain, cinniomon, splenda. I just can't get away from the taste. Is there some thing I can do to CC to make it taste better? Because I know it good for me.
cottage cheese and pineapple cant beat it

MrBigPR

MrBigPR

NutraPlanet Rep
Awards
  • Established
Ill be trying some CC when i get home. Had an ex gf years ago that traumatized me with CC so ive never had the urge to try it.

Yea, dont wanna make out when ur eating CC, def not.

WarcraftJJS

WarcraftJJS

Awards
  • Established
Broodstar

Broodstar

Awards
  • Established
There you go guys. High in protein too. Maybe throw in some chicken to really spice it up!

Broodstar

Broodstar

Awards
  • Established
I cant stand tuna. Wish i could.
Eh I don't have anything against tuna I mean tuna is really good for you but I think maybe its the aftertase. I always make sanwhiches with the tuna nothing more. But hey If it works it works! Good luck let me know how many of you tried it my blenders broke lol.

youngandfree

Awards
  • Established
Greek Yogurt is absolutely disgusting!

I second orange jello powder mixed with Fat free CC. Stir the powder into CC. AWESOME!

For a great smoothie:
1/2 cup CC
1/2 cup skim milk
1 container of low carb flavored yogurt (i use a store brand from Kroger called Carb-master)
ice
blend

Rike

Rike

Awards
This is yummy

This is similar to the pudding idea but less calories........

1 cup fat free cottage cheese (Hood low salt is best but others will work fine)
1 or 2 tablespoons of cocoa powder
1 tablespoon of natural peanut butter
splenda packets or Nutrasweet to your liking. I use 5 packs or so.

You can add a tiny bit of cold water if you like a creamier mouth feel since the cocoa powder will absorb some of the cottage cheese's moisture

This hits the spot when i need a chocolate fix since i choose not to eat candy.

peace!

Rike

dave12

Awards
  • Established
Prego traditional spaghetti sauce. (like a tablespoon in a cup of cc)

WarcraftJJS

WarcraftJJS

Awards
  • Established
CrushTheEnemy

CrushTheEnemy

Awards
I added some crushed hot peppers, like the ones you get on an italian sub to the tuna and CC mixture, it was awesome. Also threw half a tub of the stuff in 2 lbs of 93% lean hamburger to keep it moist and the burgers came out great. Bubbachews method of tuna and CC though is a hit now at my fire house, they all thought it would be crazy, but now they are all bringing in their own.

dave12

Awards
  • Established
What does that taste like?
tastes like spaghetti with wayy too much parmesan minus the noodles. i got in the habit becuase my favo get huge thing to eat is a cup of cottage cheese a cup of whole wheat macaroni and a table spoon of prego works really great in between meals and its good cold or warmed i just dumped the macaroni when i was cutting and i liked it ( i dont know if it matters but i buy 1 percent milkfat small curd cc)