tired of chicken?

carpee

carpee

Awards
  • Established
I am real tired of chicken. From the moment I pull a frozen breast out of the freezer and unthaw it all the way through cooking and eating it. I feel like I've eaten enough chicken for 10 lives. Anyway, I just threw this together with what I had, and it turned out Awesome!

Ingredients:

1 5 oz chicken breast
1/2 cup brown rice
1 cup broccoli
1/2 cup white onion
1 ounce medium cheddar

directions:
basically i took the dry rice and frozen broccoli and put them 1/2 cup of water on the stove with lid, just let them steam.
Grilled the chicken and onions together....I love the flavor the grilled onion gives the chicken. Threw a little pepper on the chicken.
When its all cooked thoroughly I threw it all on a plate and just put some medium cheddar over the top...I thought of it as the healthy KFC famous bowl. Tons of ingredients that I wouldn't normally put together and it came out DELICIOUS!

Carcaya

Carcaya

Awards
  • Established
dang dude, good work! This recipe may just ressurect my taste buds from their straight chicken coma.

carpee

carpee

Awards
  • Established
yea dude. I'm a college kid, and not really into tuna..and i'm recomp/cutting right now so beef is just too high calorically so I'm down to chicken and eggs for the most part. When i have extra money shrimp and MAYBE salmon

TEAR57

TEAR57

Awards
This morning I wanted to kill myself because I am also in a "chicken coma" I ate it with my oatmeal this morning just so I could get it down. I have considered putting it in a shake so I can just throw it down super quick. Thanks for this suggestion dude this could possibly save me some heart ache

carpee

carpee

Awards
  • Established
i cant wait for the bulk to start in a few weeks so i can get some bison burgers and have a freaking change.

TheLastRonin

TheLastRonin

Awards
  • Established
Try wrapping a breast in tinfoil adding bbq sauce of your choice then cooking at 200-250 until done. You can add pineapple if you want. really good.

alwaysgaining

alwaysgaining

Awards
  • Established
chicken lol, is wussy food
eat a steak for muscle sake!!

cmc

cmc

Awards
I am real tired of chicken. From the moment I pull a frozen breast out of the freezer and unthaw it all the way through cooking and eating it. I feel like I've eaten enough chicken for 10 lives. Anyway, I just threw this together with what I had, and it turned out Awesome!

Ingredients:

1 5 oz chicken breast
1/2 cup brown rice
1 cup broccoli
1/2 cup white onion
1 ounce medium cheddar

directions:
basically i took the dry rice and frozen broccoli and put them 1/2 cup of water on the stove with lid, just let them steam.
Grilled the chicken and onions together....I love the flavor the grilled onion gives the chicken. Threw a little pepper on the chicken.
When its all cooked thoroughly I threw it all on a plate and just put some medium cheddar over the top...I thought of it as the healthy KFC famous bowl. Tons of ingredients that I wouldn't normally put together and it came out DELICIOUS!
There's always frog's legs..lol..rumor has it they taste like chicken. :laugh:

jumpshot903

jumpshot903

Awards
  • Established
pretty good idea i may have to try that soon.

Irish Pilot

Irish Pilot

Awards
As long as we are talkin chicken...Ill contribute.

Ive been doing this lately. Its so easy its stupid...but its awesome.

2lbs chicken breasts (boneless skinless), thawed or frozen.
1 normal can of chicken broth (2.25 cups or so)
2 packets of your favorite taco seasoning.

Place broth and seasoning in crock pot...stir
Add chicken. If its frozen, cook on high for 4+ hours...if thawed (preferred) cook on low for 8+ hours. When times up, it will shred easily and let it stew in the juice.

Like I said...simple...but its good and it gives me a sweet tasty protein stash for the day. I also sometimes do the same thing with broth and powder Hidden Valley Ranch dressing.