anabolic Salad... ideas?

BoyFromAus

Awards
  • Established
looking to make a salad that tastes good (cuz i hate most salads) but more importantly nutritious..... low on non-fibrous carbs, high in protein and moderate on good fats, vitamins etc.

So far, i've got

broccoli, cauliflower, diced garlic, sprnig onion, asparagus,
200g Tuna...

i need to get more EFAs in there cuz the Tuna is from a can.
i want to make it a bit flavorful because those vegetables together with tuna aren't exactly that tasty.

so any ideas on improving taste, putting more EFAs and good fats and even other veges or meat....

cheers,,

ACSlayer

Awards
Use baby spinach leaves, dress with olive oil & lemon pepper and add chunks of grilled chicken. Viola - more healthy fats and spinach leaves are much more nutrient dense and higher protein than iceberg lettuce; it is considered a super food in fact.

You could also add almonds, walnuts, or almost any variety of nut for added cals/healthy fats...eat up!

alwaysgaining

alwaysgaining

Awards
  • Established
baby spinach leaves
and wat ever meat i use just cook meat in oild and put meat in the baby spinach leaves and the dressing is the oil and juics from cookin the meat, seasond of course
also add nuts
there are 1000s of salads, look for som itialian pasta salads with pepreroni and all that stuff
also taco salad is hella good i use 85% lean GB cuz it has the most fat

BoyFromAus

Awards
  • Established
ahh k cool... i'll add some baby spinach...

chicken together with tuna??..not sure, but i might give it a try...
do any of u guys know any good nut based dressings or toppings?

like peanut sauce, is there walnut sauce or something like that?

alwaysgaining

alwaysgaining

Awards
  • Established
ahh k cool... i'll add some baby spinach...

chicken together with tuna??..not sure, but i might give it a try...
do any of u guys know any good nut based dressings or toppings?

like peanut sauce, is there walnut sauce or something like that?[/QUOTE]

make ur own man bled em and mix and match till u find a dressing u like

dizdabiz

Awards
Boiled eggs cut in halves,fresh lettuce,feta cheese,flaked white fish,prawns,stuffed olives,sliced red,green and yellow sweet peppers(bell peppers,white beans,grated carrots and grated cheddar cheese,drizzled in sesame,or olive oil or salad cream/mayonaise with a pinch of rock/sea salt and black pepper! (The indredients can be chopped and changed according to your likes and dislikes!i just made this up right now,but it sounds so damned great im going to make this badboy a reality soon!):fingersx: Good luck with it!

AllMaxBrian

Awards
You could use macadamia nut oil, or salmon (canned or otherwise) to beef up the EFAs. Add some tomatoes, diced peppers and onions for a little kick as well.

cord195148

cord195148

Awards
Top with dried cranberries and glazed walnuts.

TheLastRonin

TheLastRonin

Awards
  • Established
Make a healthy version of a Ceasar dressing with lowfat mayo,olive oil and anchovies(lots of recipies for dressings on the net) Add Whole wheat/grain penne pasta noodles, cooked of course and cooled in the fridge after you have washed off the starch. Cook up some grouse if your a hunter or regular chicken in strips lightly fried with garlic olive oil and whatever spices you like, add hot or cold your preference. I personally use Spinach,field greens, cherry tomatoes and whatever veggies are on their way out of the fridge,hot out of the pan grouse with italiano seasoning mix it all up then add fresh parmesean,.. Its damn good.

Thomp

Awards
ok don't laugh but this is one of my favorite salads. romaine, spinach, tin of tuna, red onions, jalapeños, cottage cheese, some times one slice of cheese. mix it up and chow down. I pretend the cottage cheese is my dressing

AllMaxBrian

Awards
ok don't laugh but this is one of my favorite salads. romaine, spinach, tin of tuna, red onions, jalapeños, cottage cheese, some times one slice of cheese. mix it up and chow down. I pretend the cottage cheese is my dressing
Nothing wrong with that - if you stir in some of those Fiesta Ranch dip/seasoning mixes, it will taste like dressing too.

madds87

madds87

Awards
  • Established
Here you go boss, try this. I used to make this all the time and made for on the go. Take a gallon ziploc bag throw a good bit of mixed leaves, i prefer mostly spinach, more nutrition. Can of tuna. a mandarin orange. Handfull of nuts, almonds and such. Your choice of cheese. little bit of extra virgain olive oil and codl iver oil or fish oil. And your mix of veg. Shake it all up! and there you go. stuff lasts a while and tastes great. Oh and the dressing i normally use itallian, organic.

GymRat7197

GymRat7197

Awards
  • Established
Doesn't sound like it would taste all that good but should be effective.

madds87

madds87

Awards
  • Established
Doesn't sound like it would taste all that good but should be effective.
Dude its really good! but there again if you dont like salads then good luck lol. Its a little messy but you get so much out of it

GymRat7197

GymRat7197

Awards
  • Established
I'll perhaps give it a try sometime later in the week.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Supplements 9
Supplements 24
Bmize89 35 and Older 18
Anabolics 4
emiliozapata Recipes 5