jakellpet

jakellpet

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Pork Spare Ribs are Nasty-Good! Throw up your favourite recipe! :bandit:

AllMaxBrian

Awards
I think the key to good ribs is marinating them for a looooooooong time. Something as simple as barbecue sauce and beer will do wonders.

That said, I like throwing a mix of soy sauce, worcestershire sauce, garlic and lime juice for a nice, unique taste.

jakellpet

jakellpet

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I think the key to good ribs is marinating them for a looooooooong time. Something as simple as barbecue sauce and beer will do wonders.

That said, I like throwing a mix of soy sauce, worcestershire sauce, garlic and lime juice for a nice, unique taste.
I'm hearing you - those look like sound ingredients. I shy away from the sweet marinades . . . and chilli's. Plenty O' Fire :bandit:

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
do a dry rub with this

http://www.williams-sonoma.com/products/sku6818918/index.cfm

wrap them in aluminum foil, bake @ 220 (can try slightly lower to see how it works in your oven, below 205 doesnt work as well) for 2-2.5 hours depending on how thick and which type of ribs (short ribs longer, boness less)

transfer cautiously to a hot grill for about 2 minutes per side, just enough to get grill marks + a little char. take them off the grill, baste on a quick coat of your choice of sauce, then back on the grill for another 1-2 minute per side to seal/glaze from the sauce, then take em off, recoat in the sauce and serve

the sauce has to be at room temp, not refrigerated

AllMaxBrian

Awards
I'm hearing you - those look like sound ingredients. I shy away from the sweet marinades . . . and chilli's. Plenty O' Fire :bandit:
If you like fire, make sure to toss in some Frank's Red Hot - that'll spice things up.

TheLastRonin

TheLastRonin

Awards
  • Established
This one is pretty damn good, try er out.

Sylvias World-Famous Talked-About Spareribs Ingredients
2 Slabs pork spareribs; (about 2 1/2 ts Crushed red pepper flakes
; total) 1 sm Onion; sliced
1 1/2 ts Salt 1 sm Stal celery; sliced
1/2 ts Freshly ground black pepper 3 c Tomato puree
1/2 ts Crushed red pepper flakes 1 1/2 c Water
2 c White wine vinegar; up to 3 1 1/2 c Sugar
BARBECUE SAUCE 1 Lemon; slices
16 oz Red Devil Hot Sauce
Instructions for Sylvias World-Famous Talked-About Spareribs
These are the real thing. People come from around the corner, around the city, and around the world to eat these ribs at Sylvias. The secret? Tangy, not too sweet barbecue sauce and a special way of preparing the ribs thats described here. To make the ribs easier to handle, cut each slab between the middle bones into 2 equal piece. Rub the salt, black pepper, and red pepper into both sides of the ribs. Place the ribs in a deep baking dish, cover them, and refrigerate overnight. Preheat the oven to 450 degrees. Pour the vinegar over the ribs and bake 1 1/2 hours. Rotate the ribs two or three times during baking and spoon some of the pan juices over them. Remove the ribs from the baking dish and place in a single layer on baking sheets. (Line the baking sheets with aluminum foil for easy cleanup.) Bake at 450 degrees for 1 hour. The ribs should be tender and well browned. This much can be done up to a day in advance. Cool the ribs, cover tightly, and refrigerate. Bring to room temperature for about 1 hour before continuing. To finish the ribs, preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Cut the slabs between the bones into individual ribs. Place the ribs in a baking dish large enough to hold them comfortably. Spoon enough of the barbecue sauce over them to coat lightly. Cover the pan with aluminum foil and bake until heated through, about 20 minutes. Serve with additional barbecue sauce on the side. Make 8 servings. Barbecue Sauce: Combine all the ingredients in a heavy pot and heat just until hot. Dont bring to a boil or the sauce will turn dark and become thin. Cool the sauce to room temperature, strain, and store in a tightly covered jar in the refrigerator. Makes about 5 cups. From Sylvias Soul Food: Recipes From Harlems World-Famous Restaurant by Sylvia Woods and Christopher Styler:sgrin: this one is not for dieters although you could change it up to make it healthier ......

TheLastRonin

TheLastRonin

Awards
  • Established
Filipino style tocino (tosino) recipe, which means "cured meat", is a native produce in the Philippines. Its awesome, not at all healthy as is but you can trim off the fat..lol.

Cooking Engredients:
2 lbs. of pork/pork chops/boneless spare ribs or red loin with fat, sliced into 1/4 inch thick
2 tablespoons of anise wine
2 tablespoon of annatto water
2 tablespoon of salt
2table spoons your choice cooking oil
4 tablespoon of sugar
1/8 teaspoon of salitre ( saltpeter )

Servings:
4 - 6

Cooking Instructions:
Combine all the ingredients in a shallow pan except for the pork.
Sprinkle the mixture onto the pork and make sure that it is distributed evenly.
Pile the pork inside a container with a cover and keep refrigerated for about 3 days to cure the pork.
To cook, just put a little water in a skillet and add the pork and fry it until done