Banging Protein Burrito
- 02-02-2009, 11:07 AM
Banging Protein Burrito
I was eatin a burrito at lunch n realized it was da ish and it can be a good bulking meal so i decided to post da recipe
1 pound lean ground beef,chicken, steak, or turkey
1/2 cup chopped onion
1 clove garlic, minced
2 teaspoons chili powder
1 teaspoon dried whole oregano
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1 can refried beans
1 can enchilada sauce, divided
6 flour tortillas/ whole wheat tortillas (up to you)
brown or yellow rice
Optional garnishes: shredded lettuce, chopped tomatoes, sour cream, salsa, sliced ripe olives, shredded cheese
-cook your meats in a large skillet with garlic and onions until meat is not pink.
-Add chili powder, oregano, cumin, salt, and pepper; simmer for 5 minutes.
-i use goya bean in bean sauce so i jus throw them in the microwave
-cook rice in pot
- heat tortillias up in the oven on 350 for about ten minutes on foil
- take tortillas out and dump rice bean meat and wut ever else you want in them roll em up tightly so then dont unrap.
Grab that ......AND GET BUSY!
- 02-02-2009, 04:35 PM
This sounds good! I bet whole black beans (rinsed off) instead of refried beans would keep it clean and more nutritious.
- 02-02-2009, 06:24 PM
most canned refried beans are fat-free. i used to buy it all the time. i dont think there is any frying involved, confuses me why they call it refried.
it just looks mashed up and maybe toasted somehow.
02-02-2009, 06:25 PM
Awesome! I make these all the time
02-02-2009, 09:01 PM
02-02-2009, 10:24 PM
02-03-2009, 11:17 AM
02-03-2009, 05:00 PM
sure, I'll do canned beans. I'm not that fru-fru
02-05-2009, 11:22 AM
02-05-2009, 11:52 AM
02-05-2009, 04:11 PM
haha, then I'm making up words. Besides this thread is about a burrito not grammar
02-11-2009, 01:25 PM
02-11-2009, 01:36 PM
02-11-2009, 10:13 PM
I thought this was gonna be a thread about a girl who's nickname is Protein Burrito.
02-13-2009, 01:57 PM
02-15-2009, 11:19 PM
man that is way too much effort, why not just go to a chipotle or somethin?
Similar Forum Threads
- By fballfanatik3 in forum BulkingReplies: 14Last Post: 02-08-2011, 08:59 AM
- By socal101 in forum Nutrition / HealthReplies: 6Last Post: 05-30-2008, 06:22 PM
- By anabolicrhino in forum News and ArticlesReplies: 0Last Post: 07-11-2007, 05:41 AM
- By yeahright in forum RecipesReplies: 2Last Post: 06-19-2006, 02:19 PM
- By IntensePump in forum General ChatReplies: 0Last Post: 10-06-2005, 02:12 AM