Banging Protein Burrito

T Nasty

T Nasty

Awards
I was eatin a burrito at lunch n realized it was da ish and it can be a good bulking meal so i decided to post da recipe

1 pound lean ground beef,chicken, steak, or turkey
1/2 cup chopped onion
1 clove garlic, minced
2 teaspoons chili powder
1 teaspoon dried whole oregano
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1 can refried beans
1 can enchilada sauce, divided
6 flour tortillas/ whole wheat tortillas (up to you)
brown or yellow rice

Optional garnishes: shredded lettuce, chopped tomatoes, sour cream, salsa, sliced ripe olives, shredded cheese

directions:
-cook your meats in a large skillet with garlic and onions until meat is not pink.
-Add chili powder, oregano, cumin, salt, and pepper; simmer for 5 minutes.
-i use goya bean in bean sauce so i jus throw them in the microwave
-cook rice in pot
- heat tortillias up in the oven on 350 for about ten minutes on foil
- take tortillas out and dump rice bean meat and wut ever else you want in them roll em up tightly so then dont unrap.

Grab that ......AND GET BUSY!

littlejeni

littlejeni

Awards
This sounds good! I bet whole black beans (rinsed off) instead of refried beans would keep it clean and more nutritious.

pinchharmonic

pinchharmonic

Awards
  • Established
most canned refried beans are fat-free. i used to buy it all the time. i dont think there is any frying involved, confuses me why they call it refried.

it just looks mashed up and maybe toasted somehow.

T Nasty

T Nasty

Awards
This sounds good! I bet whole black beans (rinsed off) instead of refried beans would keep it clean and more nutritious.
lol yeh i just use the goya beans in the can they are tastier... no need for refried

littlejeni

littlejeni

Awards
most canned refried beans are fat-free. i used to buy it all the time. i dont think there is any frying involved, confuses me why they call it refried.

it just looks mashed up and maybe toasted somehow.

You can do fat free refried, but I personally like to eat clean and whole foods when I can. Sometimes the preparation of foods and processing can cause a loss of nutrients. To each his own. Keep in mind...I'm not trying to bulk up!

Aggravated

Aggravated

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
You can do fat free refried, but I personally like to eat clean and whole foods when I can. Sometimes the preparation of foods and processing can cause a loss of nutrients. To each his own. Keep in mind...I'm not trying to bulk up!
Yeah black beans are awesome. You don't eat the ones in the can?

littlejeni

littlejeni

Awards
sure, I'll do canned beans. I'm not that fru-fru :)

littlejeni

littlejeni

Awards
haha, then I'm making up words. Besides this thread is about a burrito not grammar :)

18inchguns

I like to use cottage cheese instead of sour cream for more protein.

SoCo4Fun

SoCo4Fun

Awards
  • Established
I thought this was gonna be a thread about a girl who's nickname is Protein Burrito.

Gstyle24

Awards
  • Established
man that is way too much effort, why not just go to a chipotle or somethin?