Steaks..

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
hey I just came back from the grocery store and got me some steaks they had on sale.. beef round top london broil boneless,beef chuck shoulder london broil, and beef shoulder steak chuck.. Now I know nothing about steaks except that they are delicious!

I am looking for a nice hassle free easy way to cook these boys (low carb recipes only please) any help would be great.
I did a google search and all the recipes look over the top and want something simple to do.

Was thinkin of chopping it up and throwing it in a crock pot with some water and a beef cube..

Thanks

ShakesAllDay

ShakesAllDay

Awards
  • Established
Those all look like good candidates for some crock-pot action. Not sure on any actual recipes. I usually just pick a smorgasbord of hebs/spices out of my cabinet and go with it.

One thing I have found to really help is to actually RUB the meat w/ the spices, not just sprinkle it on.

Aggravated

Aggravated

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Those all look like good candidates for some crock-pot action. Not sure on any actual recipes. I usually just pick a smorgasbord of hebs/spices out of my cabinet and go with it.

One thing I have found to really help is to actually RUB the meat w/ the spices, not just sprinkle it on.
You like rubbing meat! Lol I had to!

Those cuts are great for the crock pot. As far as recipes, it is really just how you season it. I like some Worcestershire sauce and a little garlic salt, but just a tad. Cook and enjoy! You can also buy pre-made marinades from the grocery, just watch out for the sugar content!

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
ahh lets see what I got in the cabinet, some cayene pepper, adobo, garlic salt, red pepper flakes, lemon pepper, ground italian herb, parsley, jamican all spice, paprika and some pre mix steak seasoning and emeril mix.. see any good steak combos there? also got some wasabi sauce (dont knowhat that is) and soy sauce in the fridge

Aggravated

Aggravated

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
ahh lets see what I got in the cabinet, some cayene pepper, adobo, garlic salt, red pepper flakes, lemon pepper, ground italian herb, parsley, jamican all spice, paprika and some pre mix steak seasoning and emeril mix.. see any good steak combos there? also got some wasabi sauce (dont knowhat that is) and soy sauce in the fridge
Steer clear of the soy sauce, or anything with that much sodium. Even the lite soy sauce has over 500mg of sodium in it. I would just go with some garlic salt (not too much), and some of the pre-mix steak seasoning.

I usually go to my local steakhouse and just get a bowl full of theirs. Can't use a lot though, because of the salt. One place in particular doesn't use a lot in theirs though. They make it from scratch and I am friends with the owner there.

ShakesAllDay

ShakesAllDay

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, watch the salt... it's easy to take in a lot and not realize it.

I'm into 'cajun' style spices, myself.

My absolute favorite grilled meat and spice combo is Jamaican Jerk chicken. Deeeelicious.

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
yea I use my cayene pepper and red pepper flakes in everythinbg I am just about.. so maybe some garlic salt, steak mix and toss in a crock pot?..

ShakesAllDay

ShakesAllDay

Awards
  • Established
yea I use my cayene pepper and red pepper flakes in everythinbg I am just about.. so maybe some garlic salt, steak mix and toss in a crock pot?..
I put a little garlic powder in damn near everything - from eggs, to potoatoes, to steaks, to anything you can think of. Damn, I love garlic.