make casein taste good

cedrone50

Awards
I just recentely bought some ON casein chocolate and it kind of taste terrible, does anybody have any good suggestions to make it taste good

Steveoph

Steveoph

NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
The 100% Casein? I've gone through 3 of the 4lbers, and thought the taste was decent. I often added a tbsp of cocoa powder and a tbsp of coconut oil for my pre-bed shake. You can also make it sweeter with some extra splenda.

theROOTS420

Awards
i think they taste good. i have the same kind gold standard chocolate casein. The only problem really is its too thick so i usually let it sit for a bit after shaking it to get the bubbles out of there or youll be burping like crazy

phil216

Awards
  • Established
how about making it very think like a pudding with some natural pb and cinnamon?

silverSurfer

silverSurfer

Awards
  • Established
I mix ON 100% Casein vanilla and ON 100% Egg chocolate. Tastes good and adds protein source variety.

However, I drink this an hour or so before bed and usually eat some walnuts or flax seed oil, and that detracts from the flavor of the shake... I'm ok with it, I just want the benefits of the shake.

sportsfan4110

sportsfan4110

Awards
how about making it very think like a pudding with some natural pb and cinnamon?
thats what i usually do with casein protein, its usually all pretty thick so i mix it with little water and make it a pudding. taste awesome

Theipodpeople

Theipodpeople

Awards
I just chug the vanilla in water man. It's not great but whey better then any other casein I've tried...Minus cottage cheese with cinnamon.

cedrone50

Awards
thanks guys i tried the pudding idea except i put mine in the microwave and it was like a warm pudding it tasted awesome so thanks for all the help

BigMfer

BigMfer

Awards
  • Established
I just recentely bought some ON casein chocolate and it kind of taste terrible, does anybody have any good suggestions to make it taste good
Get some ATW Cinnabun whey and mix it, Num Num Num!

phil216

Awards
  • Established
protein pudding always rocks, makes potein powder much more fun

mikemd21289

mikemd21289

Awards
Try the ON creamy vanilla, its alot better then the chocolate

AllMaxBrian

Awards
Mixing in some whey, cinnamon or PB can help mask the taste. If that doesn't work, try some chocolate or strawberry milk.