Heathy Chicken Tenders.

futurepilot

Awards
  • Established
Chicken Tenders

I think I stole this from some magazine, but i couldn't find any links so here goes.

Ingredients

-Eggs

-Chicken Breast

-Wheat germ.

Preparation

1: Preheat oven 375-400

2: Spray oven pan/tray with non stick spray, olive oil etc.

3: Empty 3 whole eggs into bowl, add in 3 more egg whites, mix until even consistency.

4: Cover plate in wheat germ.

5: Cut chicken into desired strip length

Execution

1: Dip chicken into egg

2: Roll chicken in wheat germ.

3: Place on tray, repeat^

4: bake for 10-15mn, or untill crispy.

5: Serve with favorite hot sauce, ranch, dijon, whatever and they're even good plain.

Extremely easy, heathy and great for a snack on the go, or a whole meal. The best part is that its high protein, low carb, high fiber, and only healthy fats.

If anybody wants some pics I'll snap some, I eat these alot:food:

Cellardude

Cellardude

Awards
  • Established
Chicken Tenders

I think I stole this from some magazine, but i couldn't find any links so here goes.

Ingredients

-Eggs

-Chicken Breast

-Wheat germ.

Preparation

1: Preheat oven 375-400

2: Spray oven pan/tray with non stick spray, olive oil etc.

3: Empty 3 whole eggs into bowl, add in 3 more egg whites, mix until even consistency.

4: Cover plate in wheat germ.

5: Cut chicken into desired strip length

Execution

1: Dip chicken into egg

2: Roll chicken in wheat germ.

3: Place on tray, repeat^

4: bake for 10-15mn, untill crispy.

5: Serve with favorite hot sauce, ranch, dijon, whatever and they're even good plain.

Extremely easy, heathy and great for a snack on the go, or a whole meal. The best part is that its high protein, low carb, high fiber, and only healthy fats.

If anybody wants some pics I'll snap some, I eat these alot:food:
pics please. Thank you :)

I just tried some Emerils chicken rub. Im gonna try this with some chicken rub for some added flavor. yummmmmmmmmm

futurepilot

Awards
  • Established
They look unreal!
They is good. I was so excited to eat I almost forgot about the pics. As you can see I already took a bite out of one :lol:

Cub

Cub

Banned
Awards
  • Established
It looks like KFC. Maybe you could try adding some secret herbs and spices.

hardknock

Awards
  • Established
15 mins??

Damn, I cook mine about 40-50 minutes. I suppose I think about whole breast when I cook the tenders.

Ill try this during the holidays because my cousin-in-law just dumped 6 cases of wholesale tenders on us for 80 bucks, that was a complete steal....we have tenders by the bucket loads at my place.

I know everyone at the processing plant here, in alabama, we have one of the largest processing and shipping plants in the u.s. So, I might be able to hook some of you guys up cheap, if I can come up with a way to ship them.

futurepilot

Awards
  • Established
15 mins??

Damn, I cook mine about 40-50 minutes. I suppose I think about whole breast when I cook the tenders.

Ill try this during the holidays because my cousin-in-law just dumped 6 cases of wholesale tenders on us for 80 bucks, that was a complete steal....we have tenders by the bucket loads at my place.

I know everyone at the processing plant here, in alabama, we have one of the largest processing and shipping plants in the u.s. So, I might be able to hook some of you guys up cheap, if I can come up with a way to ship them.
If you cut them thin enough, like 2 finger width, they usually take about 15mn's to fully cook, then you can go from there on how crispy your like them. The egg holds in the moisture, so i havent made a dry batch yet.

hardknock

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, I have those 6 cases and they are thinly sliced...I just never knew they could cook that quick.

WarcraftJJS

WarcraftJJS

Awards
  • Established
Will have to try this later this week. Looks great!!!!:food::head:

jbrianw88

Awards
I've made those myself..... except I used flax meal instead of wheat germ. They came out pretty good also.

vikinginc

Awards
  • Established
DAMN !!! Can't wait to try a tasty Chicken dinner again ! Tony's on chicken breast gets oooold .. lol

ozarkaBRAND

ozarkaBRAND

Awards
  • Established
Throw some garlic powder and salt in there with the wheat germ.. Then do it shake and bake style.. 'Tis good!

WarcraftJJS

WarcraftJJS

Awards
  • Established
This is a must try. i had this over this last week and WOW I will add this to my diet. Maybe I will start to lose some more weight. :confused: Well there is a lot more to do then just eat this chicken. But it was great tasting. Must get more spices for this!

futurepilot

Awards
  • Established
Im glad everyones been enjoying them. As the intro to this section says, we all need good recipes, I'm happy I could make chicken a little less boring :lol:

futurepilot

Awards
  • Established
Ya I saw that, but cooking bagels seems like a pain in the ass.:lol:

Plus I like the nutritional profile of wheat germ, over bagels.

jminis

jminis

Awards
  • Established
Have to give this a try they look good as hell

Cellardude

Cellardude

Awards
  • Established
i just made my second batch. I tried regular seasoning with blended oats instead of wheat germ first batch and on the second batch i used wheat germ, chicken powder, salt, onion powder.

On the side, low carb ketchup and fat free ranch. Not as great tasting as regular ranch, but never the less it was amazing! :D

ozarkaBRAND

ozarkaBRAND

Awards
  • Established
I did the wheat germ; I'm going to try it with ground flax tonight. I shall report back!

Cellardude

Cellardude

Awards
  • Established
How were the oats?

their not bad.

I took the one minute quaker oats and i sprinkled some in the breading. I made one batch without oats and one with, they taste pretty much the same.