Healthy hot cocoa

tribaltek

tribaltek

All Traps - No Tris
Awards
  • Established
I've been drinking this every night for the past month. Not only is it a great source of antioxidants, but also has a great deal of fiber (when prepared like below)

1 Large mug of skim milk (14oz or so)
3 Packets of Splenda w/ Fiber
2 Tablespoon Hershey's Special Dark Unsweetened Cocoa

Microwave milk 2 1/2 minutes. Add Splenda & Cocoa. Stir for a minute or so to make sure its all dissolved. Throw back in microwave for another 30 seconds to get it nice and hot.

Approx macros -

17g Protein
25g Carb (7g FIBER!)
1g Fat

This also goes great with this recipe - http://anabolicminds.com/forum/recipes/91498-protein-chocolate-brownie.html

Enjoy :food:

babywifey

babywifey

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I've also made it with Stevia- it turns out great that way as well.

BodyWizard

BodyWizard

Awards
  • Established
a TBSP of vanilla whey & 1/4 tsp of chocamine & you're rockin'!

tribaltek

tribaltek

All Traps - No Tris
Awards
  • Established
Now that it is getting insanely cold out (at least around me), this is a nice drink to warm you up!

Manimalia

Manimalia

Awards
  • Established
Say word! Thought I was the only chap who started doin' this. I just finished off my first container of the cocoa powder. Gotta go get some more.

MakaveliThaDon

Awards
  • Established
Why not use chocolate protein powder for the chocolate part of the hot CHOCOLATE, and just regular water to cut out the sugar that you get from milk?

tribaltek

tribaltek

All Traps - No Tris
Awards
  • Established
Because this isn't a protein shake replacement, and because choc. protein powders do not contain the fiber, antioxidants and phytonutrients that dark chocolate provide. Plus, dark chocolate hot cocoa just tastes damn good (in milk). Milk > water ALWAYS when talking about mixing in choc. powders.

Again, the main reason for this recipe is the fiber and the antioxidants from the dark cocoa.

tribaltek

tribaltek

All Traps - No Tris
Awards
  • Established
Bumping for those who need a sweet chocolate fix on their cut (like me).

This really helps with my cravings without screwing much with my daily macros.

LeeRoi

Awards
why are antioxidants so important? sorry for the dumb question, I mean I kinda know but not too sure

JassUSMC

JassUSMC

Awards
Awesome. Reading that Antioxidents post inspired me to make some of this healthy hot cocoa. Picking up ingredients 2morrow = )

manishfusion

Awards
really nice Antioxidents post .. i really like your post dear ...

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I've done this and also to get macros where I wanted em added coconut oil which is nice and liquid at hot coco temps. adds some nice flavor too, and is some good saturated fat to take prebed. so all in all a win-win scenario. Also you can use the hood calorie countdown skim milk and loose 8~10g or so of the carbs