Sweet Potato Hash Browns

mDeezy

mDeezy

Awards
  • Established
Incredibly easy and very tasty side to go with your eggs.

1 sweet potato
1 tbsp. oil (any healthy oil will do) or Olive Oil Cooking Spray

Shred the sweet potato with a cheese grater. Form into thin patties of whatever size you choose. Put the oil in a small pan or coat the pan with the cooking spray, turn stove to medium-high. Fry the patties on each side until golden brown.

Its a little harder to see when they are done than normal potatoes due to the color of the yam, but you should be able to tell. Even if you burn em a little, it just adds some crispiness.

Enjoy!

sportsfan4110

sportsfan4110

Awards
sounds awesome. ive never thought of doing that. i have tried sweet potatoe french fries but hash browns sounds very good and interesting. thnks for the recipe...

walugi

walugi

Awards
damn, that sounds pretty good :D

Too bad i want to start a low carb diet :(

WilteredFire

WilteredFire

Awards
  • Established
Thanks a million for the great info! Been craving hash browns for a while now! The ready made ones I can get have a bit more fat then im looking for, but I may have to add this into my diet daily when I start up some lean bulking, smashing!

Thanks once again.

TheLastRonin

TheLastRonin

Awards
  • Established
I tried this, it worked pretty good, I shook the shredded SP in a TBS of corn starch first then fried it in patties. I also tried using the mixture mixed with onions, garlic and green pepper with a bit of jalapeno. Then I fried it a while till it was getting crispy, added salsa,S/P, heated a bit more shredded some low fat cheddar on it and it was some damn fine eating.

DarkDragon

Awards
sounds awesome. ive never thought of doing that. i have tried sweet potatoe french fries but hash browns sounds very good and interesting. thnks for the recipe...
Same here, I love my sweet potato fries, never thought about doing hash browns.

Thanks for the idea.

celc5

celc5

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I had some hash browns the other day and they just tasted F A N T A S T I C !!!! But come on, I know they were absolutely terrible in terms of cals and macros.

Anyone have any more hash brown recipes with bodybuilding diets in mind?

Rivethead

Rivethead

Awards
I tried this earlier this morning, great recipe. Thanks much.