too many veggies
- 10-06-2008, 03:59 PM
too many veggies
Hey Im, in the process of a cut and really do enjoy veggies. Am I out of line having a grilled tomato w breakfast, a 3 tomato, carott, and onion Vitamix shake along with a arugula salad w lunch, and two big hand fulls of fresh string beans and mushrooms w my dinner protein. Help a brother out
- 10-06-2008, 04:19 PM
10-06-2008, 06:36 PM
10-06-2008, 08:07 PM
10-06-2008, 08:12 PM
10-06-2008, 09:57 PM
10-07-2008, 03:39 PM
I'd try to drop the carrots if possible, but I am sure it won't make that much difference.
They have a lot of sugar for a veggie
10-07-2008, 04:18 PM
Yeah, for a veggie they have a lot of sugar, but overall glycemic load is incredibly low; you would have to eat a TON of carrots to have a negative impact on your blood sugar. The benefits that the carotenoids and other phytonutrients provide far outweigh the drawback of ingesting the scant amound of sugar in carrots.
If you're still concerned about it though, consume the carrot shake "thing" along with 16-20g of healthy fat. That will drastically reduce glycemic index (even though it's already really low to begin with) and afford better absorbtion of the carrot's vitamin K and the other fat-soluble vitamins in that shake.
Again, you're fine; enjoy your veggies.
10-07-2008, 04:23 PM
10-07-2008, 04:29 PM
10-08-2008, 03:00 AM
- Eat smaller meals throughout the day to keep your metabolism running all the time
- Make that each meal contains plenty of protein (in proportion to carbs and fats)
- Remember the golden rule that to lose weight, you need to burn more than you consume. I once saw a documentary about morbidly obese people, and one of the guys was eating 33 oranges in a meal and not understanding why he wasn't losing weight if he was eating fruits.
- Also, your biggest meal should be breakfast! Eating a big breakfast helps you stay full throughout the day and will help you resisit junk temptations.
10-09-2008, 10:08 PM
Similar Forum Threads
- By alih92 in forum Weight LossReplies: 16Last Post: 01-02-2015, 05:42 PM
- By San Quinn in forum Nutrition / HealthReplies: 41Last Post: 01-29-2008, 12:43 PM
- By sundevil04 in forum SupplementsReplies: 15Last Post: 01-25-2008, 01:09 PM
- By yeahright in forum Nutrition / HealthReplies: 0Last Post: 10-28-2006, 04:47 PM