Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Here is my breakfast

6 egg whites
2 whole eggs
2oz Chicken
Spinach or any comparable vegetable

Just need a good way to put this together?

Manimalia

Manimalia

Awards
  • Established
duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuur....

ok, i'll help you. beat the eggs in a bowl---all of them. shred the chicken into little bits. beat them into the eggs. dumb them in a greased pan. let one side cook. now flip it. pour spinach on half of cooked side. now flip empty half over full half.

you now have a spinach-filled chicken/egg omelet.

drivehard

drivehard

Awards
  • Established
ok, my turn...

beat the eggs in a bowl.
shred chicken and throw into pan with some onion and EVOO and fry just a bit
remove chicken from pan
pour in eggs and let cook
flip eggs
add chicken and spinach to one half of egg
fold over
done

Steveoph

Steveoph

NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
What about sauteeing some peppers, mushrooms and stuff like broccoli/zucchini beforehand. Then put it on the plate, put the eggs in, add the veggies + cheese when slightly set and then fold!

I've been making an omelet a day for months on end now.

pmiller383

pmiller383

Awards
  • Established
Heres a couple tricks for you as well:
1: Put the eggs in warm water for 5 mins before you crack them
2: throw a very little bit of baking powder in the eggs to make them extra fluffy
3: When you put the eggs in the pan stir them up a bit in there and make sure the edges are still lose after a minute.
4: Get some cheese - I mean come on whats an omelet without cheese :thumbsup: enjoy

Orangepeel

Orangepeel

Awards
  • Established
What about sauteeing some peppers, mushrooms and stuff like broccoli/zucchini beforehand. Then put it on the plate, put the eggs in, add the veggies + cheese when slightly set and then fold!

I've been making an omelet a day for months on end now.
Eggs are the best man, not too expensive, great nutritional profile, and delicious. Its probably been a full year since I went a day without scrambled eggs or and omelet!

jstorey2

Awards
well what i do is i cook up the turkey, cut it into about 1 cm cubes then sautee the spinach with a little olive oil and some salt and pepper. mix the spinach and turkey and try to spread evenly in about a 10 inch skillet. then just pour the beated eggs in the skillet and let it set. as it sets enough on the outside edges, lift the edges up and let the unset eggs run under the edges. keep cooking until its firm enough to flip then throw some cheese on it and enjoy!

jstorey2

Awards
oh and another really good omelette is with red and green peppers, onions, and some salsa on top. frickin awesome

malou

malou

Awards
don't judge me i was broke i am still but not like b4
beat the eggs in a bowl add salt pepper and maggi
grease the pan when hot add chopped onions and
1 cooked rice beat some more dont let rest dumb on the pan
add cheese when ready (opt)
2 spaghetti cooked of coarse and parmesan

voila

militarypress

militarypress

Awards
i never had an omlete until i read this thread!
and i can say i really.. really enjoyed it.
ive found my new breakfast.
well i beated 2 eggs into a bowl
then added some mozeralla cheese into the egg
diced up bacon into small bits along with onion, cooked them on the pan for a while.. added the egg.
and than sprinkled some mushashi bulk on top.. just kiddin

it was amazing. i cant wait to try other ingredients HEHE.

calidood

calidood

Awards
  • Established
I have a tough time flipping an omellete. Any advice for this?

Steveoph

Steveoph

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Let it harden a bit more, don't disturb the egg at all. Also if you're adding milk into the eggs to make them fluffier, you might want to cut down a bit. Also get a larger spatula

(That is a large spatula, the omelet is just ridiculously huge lol. 4 Eggs, 1.c Egg Whites, 2/3c. Milk + Loads of veggies inside)

walugi

walugi

Awards
Let it harden a bit more, don't disturb the egg at all. Also if you're adding milk into the eggs to make them fluffier, you might want to cut down a bit. Also get a larger spatula

(That is a large spatula, the omelet is just ridiculously huge lol. 4 Eggs, 1.c Egg Whites, 2/3c. Milk + Loads of veggies inside)
My friend, that is not an omelet. There are probably fairy tales about omelets that big.

Steveoph

Steveoph

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
My friend, that is not an omelet. There are probably fairy tales about omelets that big.
Lol, actually a few weeks ago I started weighing my eggs. It turns out my large (Supposed to be 50g), are actually on average 67g, so that's more like 5.5 eggs. But yup it's big lol. I actually just ate the whole thing tonight... and I'm hungry 60 minutes later. Crazy workout!

Yikes, the nutrition facts:

walugi

walugi

Awards
haha 388% of your daily cholesterol intake, nice :D

75g of protein is pretty crazy for an omelet.

Where do you think most of those carbs are coming from?

malou

malou

Awards
yummi but i dont get why this is good for weight loss
got around 3.10 out of 5

walugi

walugi

Awards
high in fat and protein means it'll keep you full for longer.

It's a healthy meal, but it's not some extreme cutting recipe.

bodybanga

Awards
my favorite is
1 cup frozen shredded cheese
4 eggs
two roma tomatoes
4 spicy sausage links
1 yam
raw sliced jalapeños peppers to taste
4 tablespoons olive oil in pan
cook sausages
dice everything
put in pan, cover and cook down at med high heat
5 min stirring a couple times
add beaten eggs and cover
flip when it looks cooked on bottom
cover with cheese
turn off heat and let cook
when cheese is all melted it's done

microwave yam 3 min
dice yam

walugi

walugi

Awards
does that mean I shouldn't be drinking milk during the CKD diet?

EatMeat

EatMeat

Awards
use a good pan, spray with pam or similar.

use medium heat, realize that you are trying to cook it 3/4 the way on one side, then flip and finish the other 1/4 while adding the fillings and then flopping it closed. a spatula need not be involved.

with practice you will be able to flip the omlet with one hand in the same way that people flip pancakes; pick up the pan by the handle, and with a quick forward toss and wrist flip you send it airborne and then catch it back in the pan on it's other side. it looks hard but is not. you could practice flipping with stuff like a slice of bread that wont make a mess a few times to get the idea too.

ShiftyCapone

ShiftyCapone

Awards
  • Established
Lol, actually a few weeks ago I started weighing my eggs. It turns out my large (Supposed to be 50g), are actually on average 67g, so that's more like 5.5 eggs. But yup it's big lol. I actually just ate the whole thing tonight... and I'm hungry 60 minutes later. Crazy workout!

Yikes, the nutrition facts:
Where does all the fat come from? :jaw:

Part-skim cheese is, what? 7g an oz or so? Only thing left would be the eggs? Are they THAT fattening? I have been using 1 part egg-beaters to 2 parts egg whites for about a year now. Can't say the last time i looked at the Nutritional Info on a real egg...:think:

Steveoph

Steveoph

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Where does all the fat come from? :jaw:

Part-skim cheese is, what? 7g an oz or so? Only thing left would be the eggs? Are they THAT fattening? I have been using 1 part egg-beaters to 2 parts egg whites for about a year now. Can't say the last time i looked at the Nutritional Info on a real egg...:think:
That was a 5 egg + 10 Egg White omelet :) A large egg is about 6g fat.