having trouble

hopeful

Awards
hi i have been on a diet for about three weeks now, and i hate it!!! the food i am eating taste horrible( I don't have a wide variety either) and i would like to know if anyone may have some recipes for food that is good for

P.S. i am only 21 and neither me nor my girlfriend have much cooking experience lol

Thanks ahead of time for any recipes given...I will try all of them...alan

babywifey

babywifey

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
you should look around the recipe section- most of the recipes people list are healthy.

BiggerGeek

Awards
what are the restrictions on your diet and what are your currently eating now?

hopeful

Awards
what are the restrictions on your diet and what are your currently eating now?

oatmeal/egg whites in the morning
peanut butter and jelly
almonds
chicken
turkey
pork
tuna
fruits and veggies

BiggerGeek

Awards
What kind of diet are you on that you can eat peanut butter and jelly? Is this a getting big diet or a getting skinny diet?

babywifey

babywifey

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Natural PB is totally good for you, in moderation like anything else. The Jelly on the other hand is not.

hopeful

Awards
What kind of diet are you on that you can eat peanut butter and jelly? Is this a getting big diet or a getting skinny diet?

i am trying to get big.....didn't know the jelly was bad....wow that sux...i am using natural pb though......my first timetrying a diet....srry i don't have sufficient info. for ya'll to help...i am however, trying to bulk up....i am using tru mass 3x a day

babywifey

babywifey

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I'm sorry that you shouldn't have jelly, but a good substitute is fruit. It will help you bulk up, it has those low glycemic carbs and vitamins + fiber , unlike jelly. If you really like jelly, picking up some sugar free stuff might tie you over for a while, but you shouldn't make it a staple in you diet.

One thing that tastes awesome for breakfast is oatmeal with chunky PB and chopped up fruit, like pears, peaches, berries, apples. It's kind of like a PB and Jelly sandwich and it tastes even better with a little SF jelly. Try it out, I think you'll like it.

hopeful

Awards
I'm sorry that you shouldn't have jelly, but a good substitute is fruit. It will help you bulk up, it has those low glycemic carbs and vitamins + fiber , unlike jelly. If you really like jelly, picking up some sugar free stuff might tie you over for a while, but you shouldn't make it a staple in you diet.

One thing that tastes awesome for breakfast is oatmeal with chunky PB and chopped up fruit, like pears, peaches, berries, apples. It's kind of like a PB and Jelly sandwich and it tastes even better with a little SF jelly. Try it out, I think you'll like it.

thank you i will try it in the morning

BiggerGeek

Awards
The thing about pb&j is it is usually on bread.. most agree it is not a good idea to mix fats and carbs in high quantities. Also, you should include some sort of complete protein with every meal. I wouldn't suggest using peanut butter as a protein source.

As far as meal ideas go... if you are bulking up, the sky is the limit. So many things to cook. Like was originally said, check out the recipe forums.

Rugger

Rugger

Awards
  • Established
Get rid of the pork and throw in some beef. Get rid of the fruit and stop eating just egg whites. Eat whole eggs.

Rugger

Rugger

Awards
  • Established
If you're gonna eat fruit, stick to bananas and berries. Other fruits are okay, but high in sugar/simple carbs. Just don't go apeshit eating them.

hopeful

Awards
If you're gonna eat fruit, stick to bananas and berries. Other fruits are okay, but high in sugar/simple carbs. Just don't go apeshit eating them.

sounds good i love bannanas and strawberries so thats good news and beef is freakin awesome...

Rugger

Rugger

Awards
  • Established
"Beef if my favorite!"

-Pmiller383

HAHAH

Manimalia

Manimalia

Awards
  • Established
wantin' big, eh? do what's suggested already, m'man.