THE best burgers

xtraflossy

xtraflossy

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
MAde these the past 2 nights, it just came came to me.

Used 1 package 2lb lean ground beef (4.5g fat x 6 servings per package
Chop up schload of green onion, fresh mushrooms, and some black olive
Sprinkle in a nice amount of Italian seasoning
dash of garlic salt
pinch of crushed red pepper
and mix in what looks like too much shredded fat free mozzarella cheese..

Grope firmly like a nice pair of breasts for a few min and grill on the Foreman.

Serve on whole wheat bun with whatever..

Its like a pizza burger, if I had to describe it. Try it, you'll love it!

The cal breakdown I don't have right now at 6am,but there is nothing realy to worry about in terms of fat.

Australian made

Australian made

Awards
  • Established
homemade burgers. have not done that in a while. in fact ive never done it. Maybe i should start.

Steveoph

Steveoph

NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
homemade burgers. have not done that in a while. in fact ive never done it. Maybe i should start.
For sure. X-Lean Angus sirloin went on sale this summer for almost 1/2 price, and I bought over 20lbs. Made a good 8lbs of hambugers! I do mine w/ minced green peppers, onions, and some breadcrumbs. Eggs as a binder, + spices (Worchestire, Oregano, Basil, Salt & Pepper, etc). Just had one last night, here it is

BiggerGeek

Awards
hmm cheese, mushrooms and olives in the burger.....I like

xtraflossy

xtraflossy

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I would have posted pics, but,.. I uh... ate em all :fart:

Last edited:

Burner

Awards

dash of garlic salt

Grope firmly like a nice pair of breasts for a few min and grill on the Foreman.

Serve on whole wheat bun with whatever..

Its like a pizza burger, if I had to describe it. Try it, you'll love it!

The cal breakdown I don't have right now at 6am,but there is nothing realy to worry about in terms of fat.
I'm suddenly very hungry and aroused.

smith06

Awards
a new restaurant opened in town here...they serve buffalo burgers that are grilled. it was like God actually heard me praying this time.

Nightwanderer

Nightwanderer

Awards
  • Established
a new restaurant opened in town here...they serve buffalo burgers that are grilled. it was like God actually heard me praying this time.
I've had ground buffalo a few times. Honestly, it has an aftertaste that I find odd, and I don't know why it's considered healthier than beef for burgers when you can get beef at almost any fat percentage you want these days.

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established
oh man......i feel like a failure with my regular burgers....healthy yes...... full of awesomeness.....no....

xtraflossy

xtraflossy

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
oh man......i feel like a failure with my regular burgers....healthy yes...... full of awesomeness.....no....
lol, never thought I'd say this, but you haven't had awesomeness until you've had 2 whole inches of this meat up in ya!
:head:

:icon_lol:

Rick28

Rick28

Awards
  • Established
Try lean gound beef and massage a packet of Hidden Valley Ranch into it. Top with grilled onions and a slice of American Cheese.

Australian made

Australian made

Awards
  • Established
tonight i will be making my very own burgers. Looking forward to it.

Do you boys make up a bunch and throw them in the freezer?

Xtra - i thought you prefered a sausage fest:ntome:

xtraflossy

xtraflossy

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established

Freezer!?? Hell no! They didn't last long enough to freeze.
really, they were that good. I'd have 2 for lunch, one for dinner, and I know I ate on em in the middle of the night also.

Girlie also had one- but I made it clear it was only a one time thing:icon_lol:

lol- for a sec there I thought my rep had hit 666 :p

xtraflossy

xtraflossy

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
OH- WELL NOW THERE'S NO CHANCE OF THAT! THANKS A LOT!
:icon_lol:

Steveoph

Steveoph

NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established

Freezer is what I do, because I made like 4 lbs at a time lol. I usually put them on a cookie trie and pre-freeze for 30 mins so they don't stick to eachother, then separate them with wax/parchment paper. Let me know how they turn out.

xtraflossy

xtraflossy

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Freezer is what I do, because I made like 4 lbs at a time lol. I usually put them on a cookie trie and pre-freeze for 30 mins so they don't stick to eachother, then separate them with wax/parchment paper. Let me know how they turn out.
lol- sad to say, that's how much I made

:box::burg:

...but as other people's grandma would say "He's a growing boy, he needs to eat up"

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established
I think I found a way now to make my winter bulk....so much better :hammer:

glg

glg

Awards
  • Established
OK...you just made me ruin my keyboard..drooled all over it....LOL

jakellpet

jakellpet

Banned
Awards
  • Established

Sure - use the old burger press, place them on a tray and freeze them.

When frozen, place in a bag - they wont stick togther. (mum taught me that trick - bless!)

Kangaroo burgers rock - just need to add enough garlic and red wine to the mix to hide that 'gamey' taste.

xtraflossy

xtraflossy

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Sure - use the old burger press, place them on a tray and freeze them.

When frozen, place in a bag - they wont stick togther. (mum taught me that trick - bless!)

Kangaroo burgers rock - just need to add enough garlic and red wine to the mix to hide that 'gamey' taste.
Interesting...

repmks

repmks

Awards
  • Established

i cook mine on a iron skillet seems to have a much better flavor than a foreman. And of course BACON!

jon671

jon671

Awards
  • Established
I usually mix in decased italian sausage, some chopped onions, pepper, garlic salt, some ketchup and worcestershire sauce. Working on a new recipe with curry mixed into the burger. Anyone ever eaten buffalo bugers? They are pretty good.

BigMfer

BigMfer

Awards
  • Established

dash of garlic salt
EWH! Black olives. I'll sub stuff out and in and try it with some sun dried tomato paste! NUM!

D3vildog

D3vildog

Awards
  • Established
Dude, i have been drooling over this for like 3 days now... must.. make.. burgers... (Venison Ground in the fridge thawing as i type). :head:

xtraflossy

xtraflossy

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
making 'em right now with ground turkey!:D
Picked up another 4lbs of lean ground beef; about to make another batch:head:

Ya know, if you bought a pizza crust and threw it on top, you'd have another fav of mine

Hurleyboy05

Hurleyboy05

Awards
  • Established
Mine go like this:

I get about 2 patties worth of xtra lean ground beef. Next I shake in some garlic powder, italian seasoning, cayenne red pepper, salt, black pepper, and about 2 tbsp of soy sauce. Mix that all together, and form 2 patties.

Then I sautee some sliced onions and garlic in EVOO and another tbsp of soy sauce.

After I finish sauteing the onions/garlic, I toss in the patties (use the same oil/soy mixture in the pan for flavor) Once the burgers are good and cooked, I set em on a paper towel, toss on the sauteed onions, some cheese, and then stick the patties and the paper towel on a microwave safe plate.

Nuke the patties for 40 seconds on high, this allows the cheese to melt, and also extra oils will come out of the patties and onto the paper towel.

Then, chow down like a hungry ninja!

D3vildog

D3vildog

Awards
  • Established
Pretty Sure after chowing down on two half pounders of these... im hooked like crack.. thanks :goodpost:

Omen

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Pretty Sure after chowing down on two half pounders of these... im hooked like crack.. thanks :goodpost:
Yeah buddy, that sh*t is f**king addictive....

I ate 4 huge ones each with even more cheese and a total of 8 bacon strips......

I bought 23 lbs of ground beef, huge/heavy cast iron skillet, tons of spices and mushrooms and cheese, for the next 20lbs I'm eating nothing but burgers :D

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
this thread really made my mind race!!! Im so hungry right now! damn you all my fridge is empty!!! Sounds delicious im gonna have to start making burgers ASAP!

Rick28

Rick28

Awards
  • Established
Yeah buddy, that sh*t is f**king addictive....

I ate 4 huge ones each with even more cheese and a total of 8 bacon strips......

I bought 23 lbs of ground beef, huge/heavy cast iron skillet, tons of spices and mushrooms and cheese, for the next 20lbs I'm eating nothing but burgers :D
That sounds sooo good :food: