- 09-21-2008, 08:47 PM
I cook this stuff up like 6-8 loaves at a time and freeze them. They keep very well, and you can wrap them in tin foil and take big thick slices wherever. Plus, it tastes great.
2 packages (3 lbs roughly) of ground lean turkey
2 cups cooked quinoa
1 cup dry steel cut oats
Egg Whites in the carton, or eggs, your preference
1/4 cup grey poupon
1/8 cup BBQ sauce of your choice
1 tablespoon cumin
1 package fresh tarragon
2 medium white onions, diced
2 bell peppers, diced
1 can unsweetened corn kernels
1/8 cup soy sauce
Basically mix all of this stuff into a thick mash in a big bowl, and load up the bread loaf pans after greasing them with EVOO or Pam. Load it up good and high, and roast them for 90 minutes on 375. The eggs/and or egg whites keep the mess together, and it comes out really, really delicious. I keep multiple slices on hand throughout the day. Easy eating and super healthy. Loaded with protein and fiber.
- 09-21-2008, 09:01 PM
I do mine with large flake oats instead, but otherwise quite similar. I like adding broccoli and zucchini in there too. Dice some jalapenos in there for some kick! I think I posted a picture a while back of mine, all cut up ready to freeze.
Similar Forum Threads
- By msucurt in forum RecipesReplies: 15Last Post: 10-31-2010, 10:30 PM
- By TipTopShape in forum RecipesReplies: 4Last Post: 04-29-2010, 09:21 AM
- By sundevil04 in forum RecipesReplies: 3Last Post: 08-04-2008, 11:15 PM
- By IRserge in forum RecipesReplies: 4Last Post: 09-16-2005, 05:50 PM
- By UNDERTAKER in forum Weight LossReplies: 7Last Post: 02-24-2005, 10:09 AM