Shredded pork loin

rugger48

rugger48

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
OK heres a easy recipe that can give you some lean pork and it will last. perfect for people that like to cook something that they can eat through out the week.
Take really none of your spare time to cook.

going to need a crock pot
3 oragnic pork loins or regular, lean of course. usaully any super market will have lean pork loins
1 diced onion
diced peppers
beef or chicken broth.
any type of rub you want look on the internet or buy already made rub, dont have to use it but help with flavor

Put spice rub on pork put in refridge for hour
basically turn the crock pot on high then prep all your items
after crock pot pour about a cup of the broth into the bottom
put the pork loins in.
pour diced onions , peppers let cook on high 20 mins then reduce the crock pot to low and let cook 7-8 hours
when done put the pork in tuperware container and use 2 forks to pull it apart. pour whats left in the crock pot over the pork.

Now you have about 3-4 pounds of pulled pork loin that you can do various things with.

Yummy for your tummy.

rugger48

rugger48

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
pork can be replaced with beef brisket, organic ofcourse.

pinchharmonic

pinchharmonic

Awards
  • Established
I do the same thing, except

1.) I use eye of round roast. It's about 1ft long, and it actually looks like a thicker pork loin.

2.) most importantly, after I "rub" the roast with either Chaka's, or worcestershire, + garlic powder, I sear the whole thing on the pan. It takes only 25 seconds each side.

then dump it into the crock pot with chicken or beef stock with an onion.

ends up tasting like beef carnitas, incredibly soft and delicious. Eye of round by the way is the leanest cut of beef you can buy, so it's something like 30 grams of protein to 4 grams of fat. Maybe you keto guys like the brisket since it's fattier, but i think this tastes just as good and is better for general health.

msucurt

msucurt

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for that info. I think i will buy some eye of round steak and do that this weekend. Another option is TOP SIRLOIN. Not too bad for ya and tasty. I made chili with it last weekend (check protein packed chili recipe)

1.) I use eye of round roast. It's about 1ft long, and it actually looks like a thicker pork loin.

2.) most importantly, after I "rub" the roast with either Chaka's, or worcestershire, + garlic powder, I sear the whole thing on the pan. It takes only 25 seconds each side.

ends up tasting like beef carnitas, incredibly soft and delicious. Eye of round by the way is the leanest cut of beef you can buy, so it's something like 30 grams of protein to 4 grams of fat. Maybe you keto guys like the brisket since it's fattier, but i think this tastes just as good and is better for general health.

msucurt

msucurt

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for that info. I think i will buy some eye of round steak and do that this weekend. Another option is TOP SIRLOIN. Not too bad for ya and tasty. I made chili with it last weekend (check protein packed chili recipe)

rugger48

rugger48

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established

ends up tasting like beef carnitas, incredibly soft and delicious. Eye of round by the way is the leanest cut of beef you can buy, so it's something like 30 grams of protein to 4 grams of fat. Maybe you keto guys like the brisket since it's fattier, but i think this tastes just as good and is better for general health.[/QUOTE]

Actually I trim the external fat off the beef brisket and it is organic grass fed beef. the fat in it is a better profile fat then on regular cornfed beef. key to getting lean brisket is inspecting it befor you buy to see how much is easy trimmed off. You would be surprised how much can come off.