Sick of eating CHICKEN. Need some new tricks!

vette00

vette00

Awards
Man, i eat chicken like there is no tomorrow. Which i do like but i have hit that point. If anyone has some super sauce or a new way of cooking chicken let me know,PLEASE!

Also, i eat salmon 2 times a week and chicken the rest. Let me know what other protein sources i could consume.

O

Omen

Banned
Awards
  • Established
How do you cook your chicken?

-You can always grill them on the foreman grill.

-cut em up and make a stew in a crock pot with vegetables.

-Dice them and pan fry them with vegetables.

-Do the above and add (tomato paste+olive oil) at the very end

or Add Curry mixed in with olive oil

or Add heavy cream with bits of cheese.

-Boil them with veggies, put in a blender and drink.

-Oven roast them after marinating them in olive oil+tomato paste and curry.

Or just be a man and eat them raw.

vette00

vette00

Awards
I grill them outside and on the foreman.

Thanks 4 the insight, i will try some of them.

But how about the taste of the chicken? I need some different sauces. Right now its BBQ, Lemon Pepper, cajan, and even ketchup.
How do you cook your chicken?

-You can always grill them on the foreman grill.

-cut em up and make a stew in a crock pot with vegetables.

-Dice them and pan fry them with vegetables.

-Do the above and add (tomato paste+olive oil) at the very end

or Add Curry mixed in with olive oil

or Add heavy cream with bits of cheese.

-Boil them with veggies, put in a blender and drink.

-Oven roast them after marinating them in olive oil+tomato paste and curry.

Or just be a man and eat them raw.

raginfcktard

raginfcktard

Awards
  • Established
i have some good ones...but i must ask what is your carb intake

vette00

vette00

Awards
i have some good ones...but i must ask what is your carb intake
carb intake is moderate. i mean i eat carbs for breakfast and lunch, and none for dinner. Although i some times eat some carbs with dinner. I am on a strength/lean diet( trying to balance the two).

I hope that helps.

raginfcktard

raginfcktard

Awards
  • Established
well i usually add extra jasmine rice but i've been baking a pound of chicken in chicken and rice soup mixed with condensed cream of mushroom.

also for plain chicken, mcilhennys chipolte tabassco is the shizzel.

i also will use ground chicken or turkey for pasta. 2lbs meat per 1lb of pasta

Hurleyboy05

Hurleyboy05

Awards
  • Established
Easiest (yet, probably least enticing) way for me is:

1 Can of Chunk Chicken in water
1 tbsp Mayo (or Lite Mayo)
1 tsp Mustard

Mix and chow.

Sometimes I throw in some chopped pickle, or celery for some crunch.

Not fancy, but quick, tasty, and fairly lean.

jakellpet

jakellpet

Banned
Awards
  • Established
well i usually add extra jasmine rice but i've been baking a pound of chicken in chicken and rice soup mixed with condensed cream of mushroom.

also for plain chicken, mcilhennys chipolte tabassco is the shizzel.

i also will use ground chicken or turkey for pasta. 2lbs meat per 1lb of pasta
Yeah, I use ground chicken in my chilli con carne - all of the taste with non of the fat. Make sure you throw in some bay leaves and let in simmer for 45-60 minutes.

jakellpet

jakellpet

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Easiest (yet, probably least enticing) way for me is:

1 Can of Chunk Chicken in water
1 tbsp Mayo (or Lite Mayo)
1 tsp Mustard

Mix and chow.

Sometimes I throw in some chopped pickle, or celery for some crunch.

Not fancy, but quick, tasty, and fairly lean.
you fukkers get chicken in a can? Unbelieveable - that's a quick trip to arse-cancer city right there

Rugger

Rugger

Awards
  • Established
get a little bowl. Mix in mayo, and green salsa. Put shredded cheese on the cooked chicken and let it melt. Them dump on your salsa mix.

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established
Man, i eat chicken like there is no tomorrow. Which i do like but i have hit that point. If anyone has some super sauce or a new way of cooking chicken let me know,PLEASE!

Also, i eat salmon 2 times a week and chicken the rest. Let me know what other protein sources i could consume.

beef, preferably non hormonal 85-90% lean. I use a G-Foreman grill so it cooks up pretty good, and in only 4-5 minutes.

crader

crader

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
You can have flank steak, tilapia, orange roughy, buffalo..

edited to add all but the buffalo are on my competition diet. Buffalo is one of my favorites. You are asking what you can have BESIDES chicken? yes?

Tuna is also on it as well with oatmeal and 2 scoops of protein powder mixed in or egg whites.

K

Kgonz

Awards
I've done this one before and it's pretty good. You can futz around with the ingredients to get things to taste (ie. removing chicken skin). But it's quick to make (~ 30 min). Only thing is that capers tend to have a large amount of sodium...so that can be a concern. Any of the alcohol from the wine will cook off so you don't have to worry about that while on cycle.

4 chicken thighs
2 chicken breasts with skin and backbone, halved crosswise
2 teaspoons salt, plus more to taste
1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, plus more to taste
1/2 cup all purpose flour, for dredging
3 tablespoons olive oil
1 large red bell pepper, chopped
1 onion, chopped
3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
3/4 cup dry white wine
1 ( 28-ounce) can diced tomatoes with juice
3/4 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
3 tablespoons drained capers
1 1/2 teaspoons dried oregano leaves
1/4 cup coarsely chopped fresh basil leaves

Sprinkle the chicken pieces with 1 teaspoon of each salt and pepper. Dredge the chicken pieces in the flour to coat lightly.

In a large heavy saute pan, heat the oil over a medium-high flame. Add the chicken pieces to the pan and saute just until brown, about 5 minutes per side. If all the chicken does not fit in the pan, saute it in 2 batches. Transfer the chicken to a plate and set aside. Add the bell pepper, onion and garlic to the same pan and saute over medium heat until the onion is tender, about 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Add the wine and simmer until reduced by half, about 3 minutes. Add the tomatoes with their juice, broth, capers and oregano. Return the chicken pieces to the pan and turn them to coat in the sauce. Bring the sauce to a simmer. Continue simmering over medium-low heat until the chicken is just cooked through, about 30 minutes for the breast pieces, and 20 minutes for the thighs.

Transfer the chicken to a platter. If necessary, boil the sauce until it thickens slightly, about 3 minutes. Spoon off any excess fat from atop the sauce. Spoon the sauce over the chicken, then sprinkle with the basil and serve.

Steveoph

Steveoph

NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Chicken Parmeggiana
1. George Foreman Your Chicken Breast
- slice it in half to make it thinner if it's thick... or if you want more good cheese!
2. Sprinkle tomato sauce + basil
3. Layer Mozzarella Cheese on Top
4. Broil in over

NB This is the lazy way with no breading, but still tastes great. Feel free to bread it too!
Delicious!!!

ShiftyCapone

ShiftyCapone

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, I use ground chicken in my chilli con carne - all of the taste with non of the fat. Make sure you throw in some bay leaves and let in simmer for 45-60 minutes.
My spanish is a little rusty, but wouldn't that be "Chili con Pollo?"

But good idea. I'll have to give that a shot next time I make chili.....

Chub

Chub

Awards
  • Established
turkey steaks are awesome

H

handzilla

Awards
  • Established
I've been cooking mine in the oven with whole grain italian seasoned breading.

R

riskerz

Awards
My spanish is a little rusty, but wouldn't that be "Chili con Pollo?"

But good idea. I'll have to give that a shot next time I make chili.....

carne doesnt mean a specific meat...carne means MEAT...chile con pollo is ok as well.

EatMeat

EatMeat

Awards
discover: Flank Steak.
it is a very lean, course fiber muscle that soaks up a marinade like a sponge and will come out tender.

first get your flank, sprinkle with garlic powder, pepper.
then throw it in a bag and cover with a teriyaki, regular kikkomans is good. grill it, yank it off and slice across the grain.

also, experiment and explore stuff. chicken doesnt have to be dry and boring, try marinating with different stuff.
sprinkle with salt/pepper first. then take a glob of fresh chopped garlic from a jar, throw it in a bag with mayonaise, a shot of white vinegar, basil flakes.
I call it Gilroy Garlic chicken.

D

dpfisher

When I get bored with chicken plain I make stirfry, one ingredient at a time (hard to screw up this way). Get some cabbage, some carrots, broccoli, sprouts, whatever you think should be in there really. Make a bunch of rice if you want but it doesn't really store as well so I usually just make the rice when I'm ready to eat since it takes like 10 mins. I usually make enough stirfry for like a week or two at a time so it takes a few hours. I get 4 pans and put some sesame oil in the bottom of all of them and fry up my veggies separately. This takes some time so add water to keep things moist and stir frequently. As things finish I dump them all into the biggest mixing bowl I have. I make the chicken last because it usually takes the least time. Once everything is done and in the mixing bowl, I add the teriyaki sauce and mix well. Then I get like 15 tupperwares and just load up the freezer. It's really nice to have enough meals that you don't need to cook for a while.

Emerge

Emerge

Awards
  • Established
Chicken
Green Onions
Flour
Orange Juice

= Orange Chicken. If you want me to elaborate, I can.

O

Omen

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Chicken Parmeggiana
1. George Foreman Your Chicken Breast
- slice it in half to make it thinner if it's thick... or if you want more good cheese!
2. Sprinkle tomato sauce + basil
3. Layer Mozzarella Cheese on Top
4. Broil in over

NB This is the lazy way with no breading, but still tastes great. Feel free to bread it too!
Delicious!!!
:FUfinger:

I'm fucking hungry just looking at that......damn :frustrate, that shit looks so fucking good!!!

Need cheese and chicken boobs!:run:

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
good thread.. I was just about to start one.. I grill chicken on my GF grill but it is always dry the next day when i microwave it for work.. getting a little tired of it and was gonna ask for another alternative healthy way to cook the chicken...

the veggies in the crockpot sounds good i might try that one.. i guess juss some water and maybe bullion cube?

D

dommer

Banned
Awards

But how about the taste of the chicken? I need some different sauces. Right now its BBQ, Lemon Pepper, cajan, and even ketchup.
best sauce known to man kind
i have yet to find something this doesnt make taste better

marinate chicken in some of this, Worcestershire sauce, soy sauce, teryaki sauce and a little bbq sauce or brown sugar and o my is it o so good

i also like breading my chicken with egg and seasoned bread crumbs bread crumbs and baking it

soseg

soseg

Awards
  • Established
I love chicken and especially love chicken PARMAS!

for me if im out - I'm stacked up with canned pink salmon
1 small can = 30grams of protein roughly... good for 1.5-2hrs?

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
canned salmon?? is that similar to canned tuna? sounds weird... cant picture eating slmon cold from a can

Aggravated

Aggravated

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Italian dressing tastes good on chicken, especially when baked!

anntitone

anntitone

Awards
beef, preferably non hormonal 85-90% lean. I use a G-Foreman grill so it cooks up pretty good, and in only 4-5 minutes.
I found out last night ground sirloin is 94% lean and it is yuuuuuumy

Aggravated

Aggravated

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I found out last night ground sirloin is 94% lean and it is yuuuuuumy
Yeah I wont buy any ground beef that isn't at least 96/4. They might even make some with less fat. After you grill or brown the meat and drain the grease, you got yourself a pretty lean meal.

anntitone

anntitone

Awards
Yeah I wont buy any ground beef that isn't at least 96/4. They might even make some with less fat. After you grill or brown the meat and drain the grease, you got yourself a pretty lean meal.
Where do u find 96/4? What kind is that? Just beef?!

soseg

soseg

Awards
  • Established
JudoJosh - yeah canned pink salmon is the shizz

i dont really buy tuna cans i dont know why - i was told once not to eat too much tuna cause of the mercury levels you get in it as opposed to salmon (unless its the other way around?!?!)

anyway pink salmon in a can (depending on the brand / how its done) is really delicious on its own

150g of salmon = ~30g of protein - small and quick to eat

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
JudoJosh - yeah canned pink salmon is the shizz

i dont really buy tuna cans i dont know why - i was told once not to eat too much tuna cause of the mercury levels you get in it as opposed to salmon (unless its the other way around?!?!)

anyway pink salmon in a can (depending on the brand / how its done) is really delicious on its own

150g of salmon = ~30g of protein - small and quick to eat
and you eat it straight raw from the can?

soseg

soseg

Awards
  • Established
and you eat it straight raw from the can?
Yeap... usually with a slice of bread with some veggies or something. Delicious.

Tho... I have come across certain salmon cans which are not so tasty... they must put some oils into it or something I'm not sure. I had one that tasted like plain meat... like it just had no flavour. Although its a small portion roughly 150-180grams of salmon you can force it down if its crap but recently I've been getting these homebrand (no-name branded cheaper alternatives here in australia - same **** just no fancy label) and they taste awesome straight out of the can.

soseg

soseg

Awards
  • Established
Oh also... a good recipe if you're over chicken... or want something new... I've had this before...

SMOKED CHICKEN!

gives it a really good new taste. you eat it cold out of the fridge. really easy to just snack on any time.

My dad's a butcher... but even unfortunately for me I run out of meat in the fridge (lol) and no matter how much I ask he never brings home any smoked fish/chicken :(

smoked eel is another tasty one

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yeap... usually with a slice of bread with some veggies or something. Delicious.

Tho... I have come across certain salmon cans which are not so tasty... they must put some oils into it or something I'm not sure. I had one that tasted like plain meat... like it just had no flavour. Although its a small portion roughly 150-180grams of salmon you can force it down if its crap but recently I've been getting these homebrand (no-name branded cheaper alternatives here in australia - same **** just no fancy label) and they taste awesome straight out of the can.
looks like I gotta experiment around.. thanks for the tip!

M

MacDiesel

Awards
No more bland chicken!

Try sprinkling ground flax seed instead of seasoned bread crumbs when you bake it. It helps keep the chix from drying out. It is a nice "treat" when dieting as I have been able to convince myself it's kinda like shake 'n bake. Plus you are getting fiber and good EFAs from the flax seed.

As for a sauce, try Franks Redhot mixed with olive oil. It's close to making it a "buffalo wing" sauce. (I know there's nothing like the real thing.)

One last trick, take a skillet and put the chix in there. Add water and either soy sauce or Franks red hot. Then cover and cook on low heat. Once you've cooked it through, the water and sauce mixture should be absorbed into the chix thus making it moist and flavorful.

Half the trick when dieting is just convincing yourself it's like some "desired" form of chicken.

Being that this is my first post, I hope these cooking tips will put me on track to being in the good graces of the established contributers to the AM site.

madds87

madds87

Awards
  • Established
Chicken and dumplings in a low cooker.It simple cook chicken in crock pot with onions for 6 hrs then 30 minutes before serving ad biscuit dough and walla! This stuff is awsome! you can add whatever you want. Could even do wheat.

Soups help me out when im sick of chicken. Just shred it up into little pieces so you dont even know your eating it. Or you could even cook it like a steak with worshtashire(sp) BBQ, Lemon and pepper, Olive and vinegar, etc. OOOOOO my favorite dish is jelly preserves on top of the chicken and cook it in the oven. Lol i have a ton of ideas. And i havent seemed to get sick of chicken....... But there are so many ideas out there. Just gotta be willing to make something. If you cutting though for a contest then yeah your going to get sick of blan foods...... sorry just part of it.

soseg

soseg

Awards
  • Established
Chicken and dumplings in a low cooker.It simple cook chicken in crock pot with onions for 6 hrs then 30 minutes before serving ad biscuit dough and walla! This stuff is awsome! you can add whatever you want. Could even do wheat.

Soups help me out when im sick of chicken. Just shred it up into little pieces so you dont even know your eating it. Or you could even cook it like a steak with worshtashire(sp) BBQ, Lemon and pepper, Olive and vinegar, etc. OOOOOO my favorite dish is jelly preserves on top of the chicken and cook it in the oven. Lol i have a ton of ideas. And i havent seemed to get sick of chicken....... But there are so many ideas out there. Just gotta be willing to make something. If you cutting though for a contest then yeah your going to get sick of blan foods...... sorry just part of it.
Chicken in tomato soup... made polish style by my mum = the best. Beef works well too I think.

madds87

madds87

Awards
  • Established
Chicken in tomato soup... made polish style by my mum = the best. Beef works well too I think.
ooo yeah with a little bit of rice!!! mmmmm dang im getting hungry! spice it up with a ton of pepper and texas pete! lol I learned that resipe from my friends mom. Fell in love with her real quick! haha jk

soseg

soseg

Awards
  • Established
ooo yeah with a little bit of rice!!! mmmmm dang im getting hungry! spice it up with a ton of pepper and texas pete! lol I learned that resipe from my friends mom. Fell in love with her real quick! haha jk
lmao yeah i forgot to mention with rice, you've got it spot on!

BeBig

BeBig

Awards
  • Established

I use Garlic Pepper on my chicken makes the house smell bad but tastes damn good. I usually make like 3 boneless skinless chicken tenderloins in a pan with some water and olive oil and put garlic pepper on them pretty heavy and then when done cooking i make a sandwich outta them with whole wheat bread and mustard on the bread and a slice of cheese. Get about 25g of protein just from the chicken not includin what i get from the bread etc...:thumbsup:

E

eggnog631

Awards
best sauce known to man kind
i have yet to find something this doesnt make taste better

marinate chicken in some of this, Worcestershire sauce, soy sauce, teryaki sauce and a little bbq sauce or brown sugar and o my is it o so good

i also like breading my chicken with egg and seasoned bread crumbs bread crumbs and baking it
i got a bottle in the fridge and a bottle waiting in the closet. my brother loves that stuff. ive used it from time to time when i get sick of plain eggs and such. mad good.

carpee

carpee

Awards
  • Established
Lawrys marinade. Hawaiian or lemon pepper. its like 30 cals for 2 table spoons

Aggravated

Aggravated

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Lawrys marinade. Hawaiian or lemon pepper. its like 30 cals for 2 table spoons
The sugar and sodium turn me away from that stuff.

EDIT: Actually I just looked at it at the grocery. The sodium is above 400mg for a couple tbsps. It also contains HFCS and evil.