For CKD Crew. Heck, you should try it, too.

Manimalia

Manimalia

Awards
  • Established
(Sorry no picture....I ATE IT BEFORE I COULD TAKE ONE)

Eric's Best Meat N' Veggie Meal Thus Far W/ Side of Special Green Beans
(catchy title, eh?):

1 tbsp olive oil
6 oz chicken breast
1 strip thick bacon
1/3 bell pepper (chopped)
2 green onion spears (chopped)
4 mushrooms (sliced)
1 tbsp garlic (minced)
1 tbsp ketchup
tabasco (to taste)
lemon juice(integral part; use a lot)
1/2-1 tsp salt

Real, fresh green beans
1 tsp olive oil
2 servings parmesan
salt to taste

PREPPING:

Slice bacon in 1/4" pieces and chicken into 1/2" pieces. Make sure to keep them seperate, though.

Clean and prep your green beans.

COOKING:

Heat sauce pan. Add olive oil. Add peppers, garlic, onion, mushrooms, and bacon. Cook until bacon is cooked, yet still soft. Next, add in your chicken. As soon as you add the chicken, hit it all with the seasonings (ketchup, tabasco, lemon juice, and salt) and turn up dat' heat a bit! Remove from heat to plate when done.

Now for your side dish. They're kinda like green bean fries. Use remaining greasiness in pan and add 1 tsp more of olive oil. Then dump in your green beans and roll em around as they sizzle a bit. Once they're nice and hot and soaking with that oil, put them on a plate and cover with parmesan and salt.

This................was.......................awesome. A bit strange, but awesome.

babywifey

babywifey

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
You need to complete this meal with bread or legumes! Oh, and I'm concerned about you frying the green beans in olive oil. J/K ;)

Resolve says it looks tasty- we will have to give it a go! :D

Manimalia

Manimalia

Awards
  • Established
You need to complete this meal with bread or legumes! Oh, and I'm concerned about you frying the green beans in olive oil. J/K ;)

Resolve says it looks tasty- we will have to give it a go! :D
hahaahhh! hey there! wo there! yeah, it was "the bomb" as them crazy kids would call it. and also, i didn't mean to jump on your recipe like that. sometimes i'm a bit OCD. as far as the protein in this meal, i only look to the meat sources for it. and the olive oil on them beans is fryin' for only a minute. so it's still OCD-friendly:)

Manimalia

Manimalia

Awards
  • Established
I've used green beans as sub for fries for years. Glad to see I'm not the only one.

Looks tasty!
heck no, m'man! i love me some fresh green beans. i dunk em like they were fries in that no-carb catsup!

Manimalia

Manimalia

Awards
  • Established
As weird as it sounds, green bean are also really good dipped in natty pb.
i haven't tried that a' one. i just eat mine plain because i love the taste soooooooooooooooooooooo much. it's my favorite food. makes me sad that it's so calorie dense and i'm so prone to putting on B.F.

when i open up my pb (smuckers natural chunky), i instantly pour three splenda packets into mine, sometimes four. makes it sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet. you guys do that?