amazing peach cobbler!

babywifey

babywifey

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
This Cobbler tastes so good! It has a medium GI, so it makes a great breakfast or after workout treat. Hope you enjoy it! ;)

Fruit mixture:
3 or 4 ripe peaches
1tsp. powdered Stevia (optional)

Crust mixture
1 1/3 C old fashioned oats
1 egg
2tsp cinnamon
1-2 Tbsp. Honey
3-4 Tbsp. Organic butter

Slice up the peaches and place them on the bottom of a lightly buttered pan, only enough butter to keep the ingredients from sticking to the pan. Or you can spray the pan with non-stick spray. Sprinkle the Stevia over the top of peaches.

Mix together all of the Crust ingredients and sprinkle on top of the fruit.

Stick it in an oven preheated to 350, cook it for 25- 30 minutes, until the oats look golden brown and the smell is overwhelming.

And you have an awesome cobbler!

I choose to use organic butter because the lipid profile is better than regular butter or margarine and it tastes great! ;)

This cobbler has 6 servings. The nutrition information below is approximate.

Whole cobbler
988 calories

Carbs: 124
Fiber: 15
Sugar: 51
Protein: 23
Fat: 48

1 serving
165 calories per serving (there are 6 servings)

Carbs: 21 g
Fiber: 3 g
Sugar: 8.5 g
Protein: 4g
Fat: 8 g

Last edited:

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
This is so getting eaten tomorrow on the beach for my carb-up day.

THANK YOU!!!

strongbad23

Awards
That sounds great... Will have to give it a try this weekend.

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Ya I made some yesterday but I changed it up with blueberries. It was excellent.

Usf97j4x4

Usf97j4x4

CEL Rep (Z's lacky)
Awards
  • Established
Hmm, maybe him gettin his wife on AM was beneficial after all... do you do laundry too ;) kidding.

motive

motive

Awards
  • Established
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to babywifey again.

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Geez, guys, her reputation has risen faster in the few days she's been on AM than mine ever has - I'm always telling her she's way more likeable that me.

But this cobbler really is great - she just made it up one day and I was like "hey, that would be perfect for breakfast!" And changing up the fruit provides a good variety of options - it's awesome with apples, those blueberries are a great idea, and I've been wanting to try it with blackberries. Thet have some of the antioxidant capacity of the BBs, a little fructose for restoring liver glycogen in the morning, and more fiber than most other fruits. :thumbsup:

motive

motive

Awards
  • Established
Geez, guys, her reputation has risen faster in the few days she's been on AM than mine ever has - I'm always telling her she's way more likeable that me.
ofcourse she has more reps, havent you seen american pie? us men love pie... hot warm pie

witt51

witt51

Awards
  • Established

But this cobbler really is great - she just made it up one day and I was like "hey, that would be perfect for breakfast!" And changing up the fruit provides a good variety of options - it's awesome with apples, those blueberries are a great idea, and I've been wanting to try it with blackberries. Thet have some of the antioxidant capacity of the BBs, a little fructose for restoring liver glycogen in the morning, and more fiber than most other fruits. :thumbsup:

thinking of trying a blackberry and blueberry mix tonight:food: