2 weeks into my Halovar cycle - a brief update

TheDeadlifter

TheDeadlifter

Awards
  • Established
As the thread title states, I officially have 2 weeks of Halovar in the books. I'm running 100mg/day (2 caps, 2x a day). Things are going pretty well overall. Here are my observations so far:

1. I have gained nearly 10lbs in these 2 weeks. I have wanted to eat everything in sight lately. Not sure what's causing it, but I may have to get another job just to pay for my food bill.

2. My wife has noticed that I have gained some size in my arms and shoulders and that my midsection looks leaner. I usually don't notice these things, but my bench shirt does fit a bit tighter now (if that's even possible). My deadlift suit is also a little more difficult to squeeze into in the legs.

3. Gravity hasn't seemed to suck as bad. The weights are feeling lighter and lighter every day. Let's hope that continues through to my next meet in mid-April.

4. The only 2 negatives I've noticed are an increase in heartburn and somewhat dry joints. I get heartburn anyway and since I've been on Halovar it has increased to a rather uncomfortable pain. A couple Tums a day seems to kill it, though. I've also observed that my joints need a bit more priming before I go all out. I still wear my Rehband elbow sleeves for warmth but it's my shoulders that I've had the most issues with. The more weight I use, the less sore they actually feel.

As a side note...
I am not sponsored by Purus Labs or associated with the company in any way (although if Purus wants to send some more Halovar my way to 'test' I promise I won't say no ;) ). I'm just an Average Joe powerlifter searching for a solid product. Halovar might prove to be just that. Stay tuned...

oli

oli

Awards
  • Established
i exp'd all those too..keep on rockin that Halovar. i loved it!

kain1012

Awards
nice I am just week 1 into halovar, and then its onto epol.

I rested all weekend so now I get to see how much halovar is working this week :)

blueboy22

blueboy22

Awards
  • Established
thanks for the updates guys. Keep them coming...

TheDeadlifter

TheDeadlifter

Awards
  • Established
howd it end up for ya? PCT?
I'm still on Halovar. So far, I've gained about 13lbs in three and a half weeks - mostly in my shoulders and thighs. Kinda sucks because I have a meet coming up. I'm 252 as of this afternoon and I'm lifting in the 242 class. I'm not worried, though.

kain1012

Awards
The strength you gain on this stuff is amazing

TheDeadlifter

TheDeadlifter

Awards
  • Established
The strength you gain on this stuff is amazing
That remains to be seen for me. I have a WABDL push-pull meet on April 16th so I'll see what happens then.

rgfreely

Awards
I took halovar, epol and organ shield and I had Huge gains and now you cant get epol anymore. What is a good stacker with the halovar in replacement of the epol???

TheDeadlifter

TheDeadlifter

Awards
  • Established
A Halovar 'strength' update...

I have been taking Halovar for 4 weeks now, 100mg/day. I had a push-pull meet yesterday but my numbers were not very impressive. I had to cut to make weight, but made it with room to spare (weighed in at 239); mass gain is definitely evident on Halovar. At the meet, I smoked 390 on raw bench for my 3rd attempt; should have gone 415 (I'll spare you the long story as to why I only went 390). I missed 615 on deads on my 3rd attempt. I thought I got stuck at the knees but after watching the video the bar was moving up and then the bar rolled a bit. One way or another, I only ended up with a 580 dead. Terrible numbers for me, but the heavier weights were feeling easier. 390 has never gone up that easy and 580 looked like a warm up. I'm not taking any time off after my meet. I'll be back in the gym on Monday preparing for my next meet in July. Two more weeks left on Halovar...

kain1012

Awards
nice keep it up

Halovar really is some powerful stuff

blueboy22

blueboy22

Awards
  • Established
good luck and kill it next time

A Halovar 'strength' update...

I have been taking Halovar for 4 weeks now, 100mg/day. I had a push-pull meet yesterday but my numbers were not very impressive. I had to cut to make weight, but made it with room to spare (weighed in at 239); mass gain is definitely evident on Halovar. At the meet, I smoked 390 on raw bench for my 3rd attempt; should have gone 415 (I'll spare you the long story as to why I only went 390). I missed 615 on deads on my 3rd attempt. I thought I got stuck at the knees but after watching the video the bar was moving up and then the bar rolled a bit. One way or another, I only ended up with a 580 dead. Terrible numbers for me, but the heavier weights were feeling easier. 390 has never gone up that easy and 580 looked like a warm up. I'm not taking any time off after my meet. I'll be back in the gym on Monday preparing for my next meet in July. Two more weeks left on Halovar...