Halovar Cutting Diet Question

1. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  210 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    44.49%

Halovar Cutting Diet Question

I've been on a CKD diet for the past few months and was able to drop about 10% BF. I'm currently at 12% and am considering Halovar to drop a bit more and add some LBM.

I'm curious what type of diet is best to accomplish my goals? Can I stay on a no carb diet and see results? Or is it recommended to add carbs? If so, what should my macro split look like? Any info. would be greatly appreciated.

2. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    70.47%

General people recommend carbs during a cycle, however it's not absolutely necessary. ax1 has a log here: H-drol low carb cycle and he makes some awesome gains. I might recommend throwing in a carb up day or two per week, but otherwise you should be fine going low carb.
  3. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'11"  188 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    66.78%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by DavidG View Post
    General people recommend carbs during a cycle, however it's not absolutely necessary. ax1 has a log here: H-drol low carb cycle and he makes some awesome gains. I might recommend throwing in a carb up day or two per week, but otherwise you should be fine going low carb.
    Reps.

This was going to be my exact response pretty much. Just stick to what is working for you I wouldn't change anything diet wise just because I was using an anabolic versus natural.
    Head Purus Labs Rep
    www.Puruslabs.net
    •   

4. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  210 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    44.49%

Thanks for the responses. I just wasn't too sure about low carb and LBM gain - I've heard mixed feedback. I actually prefer eating this way compared to eating carbs. I think I will do 2 re-feeds per week as opposed to my 1 right now with a 3 day training split. Maybe I'll log it just for fun. Have my Halovar, Organ Shield and Recycle on the way. Already have my SERM. Can't wait!
  5. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'11"  188 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    66.78%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by spimp187 View Post
    Thanks for the responses. I just wasn't too sure about low carb and LBM gain - I've heard mixed feedback. I actually prefer eating this way compared to eating carbs. I think I will do 2 re-feeds per week as opposed to my 1 right now with a 3 day training split. Maybe I'll log it just for fun. Have my Halovar, Organ Shield and Recycle on the way. Already have my SERM. Can't wait!
    Sweet! Good luck with your cycle should be very good, I loved Halovar when I cut on it. Nothing like getting stronger as you cut haha
    Head Purus Labs Rep
    www.Puruslabs.net
  6. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    48.66%

hmp...dieting is the hardest especially if we loves to eat. the only thing is to control our self and discipline to success
  7. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'7"  250 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    36.94%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

Nice cant wait to see what u think. When I ran halodrol I wanted to cut but it became more of a recomp cant say I was disappointed though.
  8. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    70.47%

Quote Originally Posted by spimp187 View Post
    Good luck man...and I'd definitely run a log. There's not too many logs out there on running PH/DS on a low carb cycle although I've seen plenty of people ask the typical response is you need high carbs, but I don't think this is necessarily true.

According to guys like Dr. Di Pasquale (author of the Anabolic Diet - low/no carbs during the week, then high carbs during the weekend), you can actually build solid muscle from dietary fat and protein, without the need for too many carbs. He says just don't make the mistake of going high protein, low fat, low carb. He's also a proponent of this method for bulking with minimal fat gain. He also makes the claim in his book that taking steroids (or PH/DS) while on the Anabolic Diet would have a synergistic effect, possibly producing better gains than a high carb diet on cycle.

Anyway, I definitely vote for a log man...I'm thinking about running a halodrol cycle myself in a few months, probably while on the Anabolic Diet. Good luck with your cycle man.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Diet suggestions on halovar
    By rara in forum Purus Labs
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-11-2010, 11:50 PM
  2. Cutting Diet Cals Question
    By FlawedGrunt in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-20-2008, 02:16 PM
  3. quick cutting diet question
    By Rugger in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 1