SLINShot Official White Paper.....

loupenguin

loupenguin

Awards
I'd log it, if you were willing to throw one out, and post pics, of dem meals i took it with :)
haha

Do work!

benj851

benj851

Awards
  • Established
So If I read the writeup correctly this actually maintains low blood glucose levels after eating a high GI meal?

Basically this stuff maintains if not lowers your Glucose levels?

if I am correct, Where has this product been all my life!

loupenguin

loupenguin

Awards
So If I read the writeup correctly this actually maintains low blood glucose levels after eating a high GI meal?

Basically this stuff maintains if not lowers your Glucose levels?

if I am correct, Where has this product been all my life!
in theory, if we have too much glucose or too much, isn;t our livers job to keep us in a homeostasis balance.. - which keeps us alive.. messing with scares me.

but im sure purus has a good reason :)

no hate :) just speculating

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
As a guy who spent 18months of his life staring at OGTT/IVGTT results every day, I find those AUCs fairly compelling.

80mg/dL is ~baseline for some people, dependant upon bodyweight/bf%

loupenguin

loupenguin

Awards
As a guy who spent 18months of his life staring at OGTT/IVGTT results every day, I find those AUCs fairly compelling.

80mg/dL is ~baseline for some people, dependant upon bodyweight/bf%
Yea, this is way over my head, i have no idea what you saying. If you care to explain, via a PM, i'd be more than glad to learn about this stuff. Thanks man!

LOU
Go purus ftw

benj851

benj851

Awards
  • Established
explain here, I would like to know to... I mean if you want to explain that is.

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
OGTT = Oral Glucose Tolerance Test
IVGTT = Intravenous Glucose Tolerance Test

Basically, give somebody a whole bunch of sugar, then track what the body does with it. Whatever your blood sugar is before you start the test is your "baseline" - this is tightly regulated by the body (largely in the liver), and your baseline blood sugar can be a sign of health or illness. For instance, if a person had a baseline >100mg/dL, I could usually predict fairly accurate if they had diabetes. I'm rusty now as it's been a couple of years.

Normally, following glucose ingestion, you have a large spike in blood sugar levels, as all that glucose hits the blood pretty quick. So, you see a rise on the graphs in that "white paper"; but SLINshot prevented the majority of that "spike" from occurring, keeping blood sugar levels much closer to baseline.

Whether that is due to the SLINshot acting like insulin, or preventing glucose absorption, or what is not tested in those tests.

So, it will keep you from having a sugar spike and crash, which should also prevent an insulin spike, but what does happen with that sugar is yet to be seen.

blueboy22

blueboy22

Awards
  • Established
April 8th is the official release date...

More info to follow...

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

Basically, give somebody a whole bunch of sugar, then track what the body does with it. Whatever your blood sugar is before you start the test is your "baseline" - this is tightly regulated by the body (largely in the liver), and your baseline blood sugar can be a sign of health or illness. For instance, if a person had a baseline >100mg/dL, I could usually predict fairly accurate if they had diabetes. I'm rusty now as it's been a couple of years.

Normally, following glucose ingestion, you have a large spike in blood sugar levels, as all that glucose hits the blood pretty quick. So, you see a rise on the graphs in that "white paper"; but SLINshot prevented the majority of that "spike" from occurring, keeping blood sugar levels much closer to baseline.

Whether that is due to the SLINshot acting like insulin, or preventing glucose absorption, or what is not tested in those tests.

So, it will keep you from having a sugar spike and crash, which should also prevent an insulin spike, but what does happen with that sugar is yet to be seen.
Exactly, what is happening to the sugar? Look forward to more info.

Grambo

Grambo

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Exactly, what is happening to the sugar? Look forward to more info.
It is being shuttled mainly to muscles and liver for glycogen storage. Some could spill over into adipose if one is just consuming carbohydrates with abandon. If you aren't going crazy with sugar and carbs there should not a be a problem with increased adipogenesis. Id avoid Fats around taking it though. This is my understanding but need to look into the research more. I don't believe it is able to target specific GLUT4 transporters for muscle only but would be the main pathway. Its going to be more like real insulin use in how the effects work........... don't 100% quote me on this though as I haven't had time to look over everything.

SwolenONE

SwolenONE

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
very interested in this

Outstanding

Awards
  • Established
in theory, if we have too much glucose or too much, isn;t our livers job to keep us in a homeostasis balance.. - which keeps us alive.. messing with scares me.

but im sure purus has a good reason :)

no hate :) just speculating
Carbohydrates are not essential for maintaining life - you could go zero-carb indefinitely for years on end. Lowering blood glucose and amplifying the ability to shuttle and redirect circulating glycogen toward muscle tissue is one of the keys to unlocking dramatic and safe body recomposition.

Outstanding

Awards
  • Established
Yea, this is way over my head, i have no idea what you saying. If you care to explain, via a PM, i'd be more than glad to learn about this stuff. Thanks man!

LOU
Go purus ftw
PM? This is a public forum, why restrict information?

explain here, I would like to know to... I mean if you want to explain that is.
There it is!

And thus completes the entire forum life cycle, haha!

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
having trouble finding reviews on this...

Grambo

Grambo

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Bigt just finished his log and there are two others going and should be another starting soon.

There should be several reviews coming up on another new board MFF as well. Still relatively new so not a ton of reviews out there just yet.

blueboy22

blueboy22

Awards
  • Established
Bigt just finished his log and there are two others going and should be another starting soon.

There should be several reviews coming up on another new board MFF as well. Still relatively new so not a ton of reviews out there just yet.
Exactly. They should start popping up now that this has been released long enough for some users to use the full bottle.